Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Only 70k have downloaded the app. Either people are waiting for the issues to be fixed or telling the SG they can shove their app. 

I’m a bit surprised by the rush of some people to get it. I’m sure a few people will need it this weekend if going on holiday in the next wee while or to the Scotland game next week, but there’s been middle-aged women from my work I know full well will be sitting in the house this weekend complaining that it isn’t working.

I’ll only download it as and when I really, really have to. Got the PDF in the meantime if I’m going into a bar that’s being told it’s a nightclub over the next few weeks, and even the PDF was downloaded under protest. What a state of affairs.

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

When will that be? I'm flying in 2 weeks and the covid green pass is being mentioned to get into places. 

I am not confident of this shambles of an app being operable by then. 

The pdf one works fine in France at the moment.

7 minutes ago, GiGi said:

When will that be? I'm flying in 2 weeks and the covid green pass is being mentioned to get into places. 

I am not confident of this shambles of an app being operable by then. 

Don't know where you're going but In Spain last week I was a bit concerned about all the checks and regulations, however it was a piece of cake, smiling pleasant girl took my temperature while happy civil chap had just a quick glance at my Spanish Health form and vaccination letter before being waved through with no issues or song and dance at all.

Why do we need to go through biometrics to get a QR code through the app but I don't need my passport or anything like this level of security to get the same QR code on the pdf?

It's completely intrusive and I'm not sure why.

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You might be able to use them for Day 2 tests if you haven't already booked them too. You'll need to get a code off them for the return location form though.

Yes, they don’t do refunds but give vouchers against Day2 tests. I was using the drive through facility at Edinburgh airport.

Anyway, thanks for that but I better wait till the FCO pronounces on the situation before doing anything.

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Why do we need to go through biometrics to get a QR code through the app but I don't need my passport or anything like this level of security to get the same QR code on the pdf?

My guess it's to fit in with the requirements of the EU Digital Passport. They were talking about having a domestic use only section within the app a bit later, that may be less onerous to set up.

All this hassle for absolutely no benefit, and something which will only ensure economic harm. Was Sturgeon asked why she lied about it being between this or closing businesses again?

At least if Scotgov are utterly hell bent on dying on this particular hill, we can say that they deserve it.

Imagine calling for what you know is going to be a controversial, unpopular, and in the eyes of many (including several spineless individuals from within your own number who mysteriously stood down their concerns) discriminatory and divisive policy, then being utterly hopeless at inplementing it.

Surely in this scenario, you go to great lengths to ensure your detractors dont get MORE ammo to use against you, instead of wrassling around with the very first hurdle like a turtle on its back

So is the PDF version I have on my phone from a while back still valid, or will I have to get the App version? Due to go to Majorca in about 10 days.
I've got the paper copy with QR code they sent as well as the PDF version.

Both should be enough

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

That was me.

I was indeed in Cumbria, England, where masks are not mandatory. It’s apparently up there as one of the most Covid riddled regions.
I live in Scotland, where masks are mandatory. Scotland had many of the most Covid riddled regions in Europe.

With or without masks being mandatory then, regions can be ‘Covid riddled’, so it seems they make little difference. Get the mandatory aspect of them in Scotland to fcuk. Absolute fcuk. Make it discretionary, Scottish Government can encourage it all they want. Anyone who wants to continue wearing a mask will be perfectly free to do so. In any situation, indoors or outdoors. Wear one in bed for all I care. Just get the mandatory aspect kicked to fcuk Sturgeon. 
Masks are not mandatory whilst you have self-policed opt-outs.

Exemptions have made the mask-wearing policy completely useless and pointless.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Surely its time for SG to come out announce a delay in the requirement to produce proof of double vaccination. They have clearly failed to provide the public with the means to comply with the law and as such until they do its implementation should end until this is no longer the case.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Because they need the selfie for future facial recognition tech. 

The passport/drivers license confirms it you.