Coronavirus (COVID-19)

55 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Scot Gov doing something different to England just to be seen to be different. Nah can’t imagine that would ever happen.

It is pretty funny. I'm opposed to vaccine passports for a few wider reasons but the one down here is so fucking easy to use. Even the necessary GP call I had to make only took 5 minutes and despite the notice it may take up to 5 days for the vaccine certificate to show it appeared instantaneously. Even then an LFT was sufficient as an alternative. So what about a Scottish club event at, say, Sub Club makes them more at risk from a Covid spread than the Warehouse Project which has 20 times as many people there?

The Scottish government's own site says that any unticketed events in large open spaces do not require vaccine passports.

They even used a firework display as a specific example of this.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-certification-scheme-businesses-event-organisers/pages/events/

c7dbe884aae088c34c1b95a1211068f5.jpg

a67a0e329f74bddeb1f8ea0041f1ebe9.jpg
Yes it seems the kickback against the organisers decision is well under way. Think both are run by the round table so perhaps using this as a convenient get out although no idea why.
ETA one is Round Table the other is the Community Council.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Yes it seems the kickback against the organisers decision is well under way. Think both are run by the round table so perhaps using this as a convenient get out although no idea why.

Think we're going to see a lot more of this kind of thing from local authorities in order to cut back on costs. Covid is going to have to do a lot of heavy lifting

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Is the vaccine passport and the shambles surrounding it, the most universally unpopular thing the SG has done in all their years in power?

I don't think I've seen more than a handful of comments anywhere in support of this.

The only place where I’ve seen anyone defend this shite is on the Scotland sub on Reddit. 

13 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Should someone who is susceptible to death via covid be put at more risk to participate in society? 

Someone who is susceptible to death via covid has already had two vaccines and will be getting a third soon. If you think me wearing a piece of cloth (not medical standard) on my face offers them any further protection that their 3 vaccines don't then I'm afraid the science your using is selective. We've already crippled the economy for the last 18 months and sacrificed a hell of a lot more to keep these people safe, if you're vulnerable and don't feel safe then I'm afraid that's a problem you need to deal with now, society has done all it can for you.

Masks are as much use to preventing covid infection as taking a knee is for preventing racism. 

Falkirk council pulling the same stunt yet Stirling council can go ahead with theirs.
It seems this is the organisers decision here, nothing to do with the Council. One event was organised by the Round Table the other by the local Community council. In the face of a social media revolt both organisations are now giving the line "it's just not safe to organise large scale events yet". Both organisations are basically run by "senior citizens" who seem to think the days of mass outdoor events are over for ever.

Think we're going to see a lot more of this kind of thing from local authorities in order to cut back on costs. Covid is going to have to do a lot of heavy lifting

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It's hee haw to do with the LA here

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Got as far as the 'Sign up' button:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20211001-113051.thumb.png.864093cdc7f7e6254f25d498199d63f9.png

Im still getting this error message as well. 

I don't need it today but I am traveling soon and I will need it to work. Total shitshow. 

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Im still getting this error message as well. 

I don't need it today but I am traveling soon and I will need it to work. Total shitshow. 

“We’re working on it”

What absolute shite. Just a throwaway statement to placate folk instead of them having to say the app isn’t ready / fit for purpose.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I've been able to verify my identity but it won't recognise me on their system. Doesn't give you any way of finding help, just basically "try again please".

I've read else where if you close app and relaunch it will feed through then. 

I've been lucky with mine. System is poorly designed but I got mine set up ok. 

1 minute ago, PWL said:

I've read else where if you close app and relaunch it will feed through then. 

I've been lucky with mine. System is poorly designed but I got mine set up ok.

I've done that twice and it's made me do the whole verification thing again but hasn't actually progressed me on at all.

I've gotten as far as the verify identity bit, which is infuriatingly bad, it then failed. What are my next steps since the help and support section you are pointed to doesn't exist?

33 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

It seems this is the organisers decision here, nothing to do with the Council. One event was organised by the Round Table the other by the local Community council. In the face of a social media revolt both organisations are now giving the line "it's just not safe to organise large scale events yet". Both organisations are basically run by "senior citizens" who seem to think the days of mass outdoor events are over for ever.

You’re probably correct here, albeit unusually.

I am really sick to the back teeth of my fellow senior citizens who have become risk averse in the extreme.

What they don’t realise is that they don’t have much time left and what they do have is there to be lived to the maximum, not hiding oneself away from their fellow humans, muzzled on a leash.

Maybe a bit extreme but you get my point.