Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 hours ago, strichener said:

'cause mummy says so.  The lack of justification for passports is worrying.  That a court sided with the utter lunacy is even more worrisome.

The fact that Ministers - not even the useless Parliament - are reviewing it every weeks apparently makes it hunky dory shows the way we are headed.

12 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

This happened to me too. If you close the app, reopen it and log in it will have your details and lets you log in.

Neither of my vaccinations showing as yet but says it will take up to an hour.

It's an absolute shocker of an app in terms of user friendliness and I think I'm OK with tech compared to a lot of the population.

Vaccine status updated overnight for me so potentially worth waiting on an overnight refresh if anyone else is having the same issue.

9 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I don't think the difference between scotland and england is masks. Or that masks wearing percentage is really any different in either country.

Someone was saying they were in Cumbria with no masks, and Cumbria is up there as one of the most ridddled regions.

Well that settles it then! 

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I tried to skim through the privacy stuff on the app a bit but maybe I missed it, why do we now need photographic ID? And where does this data go? 

The Chinese mate, or maybe the Russians?

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The Chinese mate, or maybe the Russians?

I always thought they'd want a lovely snap of my face! In all seriousness though, the privacy stuff on the app doesn't fill me with much confidence. Given this is a ScotGov program, wouldn't be surprised to see a data breach in the coming months which when you're forcing people to hand over their personal ID/photo to access medical records, isn't great. Hypothetical of course. 

4 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I always thought they'd want a lovely snap of my face! In all seriousness though, the privacy stuff on the app doesn't fill me with much confidence. Given this is a ScotGov program, wouldn't be surprised to see a data breach in the coming months which when you're forcing people to hand over their personal ID/photo to access medical records, isn't great. Hypothetical of course. 

I understand but nowadays do any of us really have any expectation of privacy?  Folk can't even go out of an evening and kidnap, rape and murder innocent women without being picked up on numerous CCTV cameras!

Where I am we need to provide photo ID for pretty much everything so I've gotten philosophical about it over the years I suppose. 

BBC article this morning talking about a surge in vaccination rates for 18-29 year olds when the passport was announced early September.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58548727

Looking at the graph they show it's an average of roughly 150 people for a period of about 2.5 weeks before it all settled back to it's original trajectory.

2500 or so 18-29 year olds got jagged because of the passport.

There's a barley discernible uptick in 30-39 year olds.

Tried last night and again this morning but still not recognising my drivers licence picture.

Saying its been busy isn't really good enough given the glee with which Mr Swinney announced to Parliament that the app was available. 

7 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Registering for the pdf worked absolutely fine for me when I downloaded it a few weeks back.

Same data doesn't seem to work on the app. 

Yep, took me 2 minutes and I had the PDF in an email on my phone.

For anyone saying it's alright because they have the PDF version the Scottish government has said they will only remain valid for a short period of time. With any luck that short period of time will coincide with them sorting their dreadful app out.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-certification-update-23-september-2021/

It's been said before no doubt, but Swinney really is a bumbling fool who should be punted to the backbenches as soon as possible. He is apparently a capable constituency MSP but is, and has nearly always been utterly hopeless in ministerial positions. The app being a pile of shite after he gleefully announced it must be right up there with bears defecating in woodland areas as surprises.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk