Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's only just after 10am.

If it's not ready in reasonable time the test events should be delayed as the actual implementation was delayed. Otherwise they won't even be testing under similar enough conditions and they're just making it more likely that their test events will make their policy look unworkable.

Just got an email from AFC with this link.

Get a record of your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination status | The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine (nhsinform.scot)

Not for the app though.

And if you request a paper copy it'll take 14 days to come. Pretty useful if you need tit for Sunday. 😆

image.png.8b2d4f6a331ec453f1c8eaf8b9dbc0be.png

Edit: AFC are actually asking you for a hard copy "to speed up the entry process". Also only carrying out spot checks. Hopefully only paying lip service to this pish.

Edited by Suspect Device

12 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

BBC News - Covid in Scotland: Latest ICU patients 'largely unvaccinated and young'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58736720

Some strange claims in this BBC article. Their bar chart shows 3 x more unvaccinated over 60s being hospitalised as under 30s yet the Dr quoted (and hence the headline) is that most ICU patients are young and unvaccinated.

So in the unvaccinated cohort despite 3x more over 60s being admitted than under 30s, this article claims most folk who then end up in ICU out the unvaccinated cohort are "young". That makes no sense to me.

What's the vaccinated versus unvaccinated in intensive care? We're not telling you. 

Also George doesn't mention underlying conditions....

But apart from that very informative article from state media. 

10 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Just got an email from AFC with this link.

Get a record of your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination status | The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine (nhsinform.scot)

Not for the app though.

And if you request a paper copy it'll take 14 days to come. Pretty useful if you need tit for Sunday. 😆

image.png.8b2d4f6a331ec453f1c8eaf8b9dbc0be.png

Edit: AFC are actually asking you for a hard copy "to speed up the entry process". Also only carrying out spot checks. Hopefully only paying lip service to this pish.

If you can't download a PDF you couldn't download the app. The paper version with the QR codes has been available for about a month. 

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If you can't download a PDF you couldn't download the app. The paper version with the QR codes has been available for about 6 weeks. 

I've had my pdf on my phone for a while being a compliant, supine, invertebrate just like the Scottish government want. 😷

18 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

AFC are actually asking you for a hard copy "to speed up the entry process". Also only carrying out spot checks. Hopefully only paying lip service to this pish.

Going to be about 10% of folk going through the gates supposedly. I suggest getting there early as it will take them ages to check that many people.

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

What you have said is correct for fully vaccinated from October 4th onwards coming from countries not on the red list.
The range of pcr test choice has expanded and it is really just to get yourself a reference number for your passenger locater form.
Therefore use the absolute cheapest as it does not matter if it does not turn up as it makes no difference to your trip.
Pcr to change to lateral flow for the English half term.

Where do you get the passenger locater forms?  

It's a load of shite. A few private residential care companies are bringing it in but as far as I'm aware there are no plans for the NHS or local authority's to enforce it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Can't happen in the NHS, would lead to too many nurses being redeployed from wards to something like NHS Direct.

There's already a shortage of nurses due to a health minister reducing nursing places at university a number of years ago.

7 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

Where do you get the passenger locater forms?  

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Don't fill it in before 48 hours of landing back in the UK, and give yourself time, they want everything in triplicate.

You need to do one before you fly to Portugal too.

https://portugalcleanandsafe.pt/en/passenger-locator-card

2 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

He looks fairly average build to me. 

Hes not jabba the hut but doesnt look like he’ll be competing in Scotland’s next top model next year either. If anything the last year has been a bit of a wake up call re personal fitness etc, personally been doing all i can in terms of gym and lifestyle changes to reduce my own risk. 

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Don't fill it in before 48 hours of landing back in the UK, and give yourself time, they want everything in triplicate.

You need to do one before you fly to Portugal too.

https://portugalcleanandsafe.pt/en/passenger-locator-card

Cheers WB where is the best (cheapest) place to get the 2 day return test from?