Coronavirus (COVID-19)

37 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Lord Keen of Elie QC told the Court of Session in Edinburgh: “If indeed they are not going to take steps to enforce these regulations between October 1 and October 18, what is the difficulty of deferring introduction for the same period so that parties have a rational and reasonable opportunity to consider the draught regulations and risk assessment?”

Is he advocating keeping the doors open to provide ventilation instead? 

These fucking people, man. 0FltS8d.jpg

Professor Microbial Evolutionary Genomics @IMIBirmingham. Institute Director @Uniburm_MDS. Overseen a few Covid-19 PCR tests. Proud Scot.

Tosser would be launched from his university if they had any respectability. How are these people actually in their position when they're so laughably out of touch. Maybe just should have gone into politics where they belong?

That’s Aberdeen confirming vaccine passports spot checks for Sunday onwards.

Beyond a bit of theatre initially for the cameras, it’ll be enforced in the same way that the rules around being mildly intoxicated or standing in an all seater stadium are - i.e not enforced at all. Not sure if there’s a specific number of spot checks needing done that I’ve missed, but they could conceivably do a tiny number of checks just to tick the box?

The entire policy will be in the bin sooner rather than later once it’s obvious to our overlords that it’s a waste of time.

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

Lord Keen of Elie QC told the Court of Session in Edinburgh: “If indeed they are not going to take steps to enforce these regulations between October 1 and October 18, what is the difficulty of deferring introduction for the same period so that parties have a rational and reasonable opportunity to consider the draught regulations and risk assessment?”

Is he advocating keeping the doors open to provide ventilation instead? 

Will be interesting to hear the verdict later on!

Can I just get a snapshot of info from you learned folks please? What are the current travel rules for Scotland? Am I right in thinking there's no need for test before re-entry but the Day 2 test still stands? If so, is it correct that this has to be done through the govt at a cost of 60 odd notes? Thanks in advance.

Edited by jimbaxters

Can I just get a snapshot of info from you learned folks please? What are the current travel rules for Scotland? Am I right in thinking there's no need for test before re-entry but the Day 2 test still stands? If so, is it correct that this has to be done through the govt at a cost of 60 odd notes? Thanks in advance.
What you have said is correct for fully vaccinated from October 4th onwards coming from countries not on the red list.
The range of pcr test choice has expanded and it is really just to get yourself a reference number for your passenger locater form.
Therefore use the absolute cheapest as it does not matter if it does not turn up as it makes no difference to your trip.
Pcr to change to lateral flow for the English half term.

Guy in my work claiming it's now illegal to work in hospitals/care homes unless double vaxxed, we do a decent amount of contract work in these places and have a few engineers not vaccinated. Any truth to this? Reason I ask is the guy is an absolute slavering mess.

13 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

There’s the app for businesses using the app to scan folk’s vaccine status but not the actual vaccine status app.

Sorry, the one I thought was the app is actually a checker called NHS Scotland COVID Check. 

Edit: I've never had the NHS Scotland app or test and trace and I really don't want to get this one but if it means I get knocked backed from Pittodrie on Sunday, then I'll take the 'state surveillance'. It's not as if every major country and company haven't already got all my details already.

To quote Paul Weller.

Knows where I get my shirts and where I get my pants
Where I get my trousers where I get socks

Edited by Suspect Device

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Guy in my work claiming it's now illegal to work in hospitals/care homes unless double vaxxed, we do a decent amount of contract work in these places and have a few engineers not vaccinated. Any truth to this? Reason I ask is the guy is an absolute slavering mess.

Thought they were bringing that in in England but knocked it back in Scotland?  No idea what date it was supposed to start though.

It's a load of shite. A few private residential care companies are bringing it in but as far as I'm aware there are no plans for the NHS or local authority's to enforce it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It's a load of shite. A few private residential care companies are bringing it in but as far as I'm aware there are no plans for the NHS or local authority's to enforce it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Doesn't surprise me from this c**t, was claiming yesterday his pal was offering £54 an hour to joiners as they are in that high demand.