Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Since we are less than 48 days away from the debut of the surveillance state does anyone know if the SG have said anything about what actually happens when your QR code is scanned this weekend.

Is it just a case of the QR code being recognised as legitimate or is there also a record made of who/where/when on a central database?

The Danish version by the same firm doesn't allow any data to leave your phone.

2 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

When are the numbers of those who caught covid outside (and then subsequently end up in hospital) and inside of hospital being released?

Unsurprisingly it doesn't show that and none of the compliant idiots in the Scottish media seem to be willing to ask how many people died or ended up in ICU because of Covid after being admitted without Covid.

Unsurprisingly it doesn't show that and none of the compliant idiots in the Scottish media seem to be willing to ask how many people died or ended up in ICU because of Covid after being admitted without Covid.

I'm trying to work out what the conspiracy angle is here? The same folk who have been banging on about discharging patients into care homes are ignoring some big scandal about loads of people catching covid in hospitals because...?

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm trying to work out what the conspiracy angle is here? The same folk who have been banging on about discharging patients into care homes are ignoring some big scandal about loads of people catching covid in hospitals because...?

Firstly the Scottish media accepted at face value the Scottish Government's absurd statement that the size of care homes was a bigger factor than punting positive cases into them.

Secondly this data obscures how many cases originated inside hospitals. The Scottish government have that figure yet no one is asking for it to be released.

Edited by Detournement

Since we are less than 48 days away from the debut of the surveillance state does anyone know if the SG have said anything about what actually happens when your QR code is scanned this weekend.
Is it just a case of the QR code being recognised as legitimate or is there also a record made of who/where/when on a central database?
Didn't you know it will record your weight, blood group and what you had for breakfast......[emoji2957]

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Didn't you know it will record your weight, blood group and what you had for breakfast......emoji2957.png

I was hoping that someone under 60 would reply to this.....

It's not surprising at all that 30 odd hours before this launches it's impossible to find out what it actually is though. We are quite a fucking country.

On 28/09/2021 at 12:22, Michael W said:

I can't find a more recent figure, but 1.6m were still on furlough at the end of July - basically two weeks after England's reopening. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58498433

Goes without saying that anyone still furloughed now is in a precarious position, sadly. Hopefully that number has reduced substantially; whilst no guarantee that someone will keep their job, anyone still furloughed seems an obvious candidate for redundancy when they come round. 

Turns out it's still over 1.5m on furlough. 

https://www.cityam.com/more-than-half-a-million-brits-over-the-age-of-50-will-lose-furlough-support-tomorrow/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Aye but a significant amount of them will be at it. On furlough with one company and working for a new one or simply on the books of the family business to use their tax free allowance.

53 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Firstly the Scottish media accepted at face value the Scottish Government's absurd statement that the size of care homes was a bigger factor than punting positive cases into them.

Secondly this data obscures how many cases originated inside hospitals. The Scottish government have that figure yet no one is asking for it to be released.

Why don’t you ask for it then? Put in an FOI request and geez peace. 

On one hand, it’s quite good to see the current bickering on this thread relates to validity of Norwegian data (or otherwise). It shows we have at least moved on from the darker periods in spring 20 and winter 21 where the agenda was serious illnesses that swept through the country and stretched the NHS, high number of deaths, not knowing and the push for a vaccine to lead us out this mess.

In my mind, there’s no doubt it has been a political “show” since this springtime and I have no hesitation in saying the masks and vaccine passports are doing no clinical good and we need to move on to living with this virus. I’m beyond getting angry; that was how I was feeling in early summer, with all the Scottish Government showboating of delays to reopening and blatant denial that vaccines were able to allow us to open up all the things we enjoy in normal life.  

Way I feel now is I am weary seeing masked-up folk walking literally 2 yards to the bar, then walk back 2 yards and sit down with mask off. I am exhausted by the still seemingly reluctance of Government to accept this passport is an absolutely baffling and ill-prepared “tool” that penalises narrow and specific sectors of society, yet no restrictive regulations needed to enter any other retail, business or leisure property. 

At this point, we need a strong positive message from Government and dare I say it clinicians (not jumped up dentists or social scientists) to get people feeling mentally less fragile and admit we surely to goodness are at herd immunity levels and as high an uptake of vaccines as we can expect.

Edited by deegee
Spellling

8 minutes ago, deegee said:

On one hand, it’s quite good to see the current bickering on this thread relates to validity of Norwegian data (or otherwise). It shows we have at least moved on from the darker periods in spring 20 and winter 21 where the agenda was serious illnesses that swept through the country and stretched the NHS, high number of deaths, not knowing and the push for a vaccine to lead us out this mess.

In my mind, there’s no doubt it has been a political “show” since this springtime and I have no hesitation in saying the masks and vaccine passports are doing no clinical good and we need to move on to living with this virus. I’m beyond getting angry; that was how I was feeling in early summer, with all the Scottish Government showboating of delays to reopening and blatant denial that vaccines were able to allow us to open up all the things we enjoy in normal life.  

Way I feel now is I am weary seeing folk walking literally 2 yards to the bar, then walk back 2 yards and sit down with mask off. I am exhausted by the still seemingly reluctance of Government to accept this passport is an absolutely baffling and ill-prepared “tool” that penalises narrow and specific sectors of society, yet no restrictive regulations needed to enter any other retail, business or leisure property. 

At this point, we need a strong positive message from Government and dare I say it clinicians (not jumped up dentists or social scientists) to get people feeling mentally less fragile and admit we surely to goodness are at herd immunity levels an£ as high an uptake of vaccines as we can expect.

Ooft.  That post will upset a few characters on here.  You’ve gone in two footed on pretty much everything they hold dear 😂

BBC News - Covid in Scotland: Latest ICU patients 'largely unvaccinated and young'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58736720

Some strange claims in this BBC article. Their bar chart shows 3 x more unvaccinated over 60s being hospitalised as under 30s yet the Dr quoted (and hence the headline) is that most ICU patients are young and unvaccinated.

So in the unvaccinated cohort despite 3x more over 60s being admitted than under 30s, this article claims most folk who then end up in ICU out the unvaccinated cohort are "young". That makes no sense to me.