Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 16 (1 day before),  ICU cases 73 down from  76  (? new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid  1027 up from 1023 (325 new admissions).  ICU and hospitilisations up for 1st time in a few days.  Hopefully just weekend reporting.

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines   4,259 to 4,785 ,  2nd vaccines  3,036 to 2,771  NO UPDATE TODAY

Daily Cases Update: 18 days in a row of falls now with another  drop of near 2.44% to 399.5 and I expect another small fall tomorrow. Infectivity now below 9%.

Kilmarnock South Central & Caprington currently the plague central of Scotland at 2,356 per 100K.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 19th September to 25th September  were 22,379 to 21,834 down 2.44%, Positivity was 8.9% now 8.8%.  Cases per 100K were  409.4 now 399.5

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average   341.5 to 350.9 up 2.75%, England  313.7 to 324.7 up 3.51%, Wales 639.0 to 656.4 up 2.72%, Northern Ireland   417.9 to 415.5 down 0.57% 

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 520.4 (weekly change -7%), Romania 237.9 (weekly up 67%), Croatia 195.0 (weekly -1%), Ireland  186.0 (Weekly  up 7%), Moldova 182.1 (Weekly up 6%),  Bulgaria 154.5 (Weekly -2%),  These are the only countries over 150 cases per 100K.

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Dunbartonshire    689.4 to 641.8 to 615.8  At last a decent decrease down over 10% in 2 days

East Ayrshire 620.1 to 597.9  May have peaked and dodged top spot.

South Ayrshire   601.9 to 570.7 Also may have peaked.

West Lothian 510.3 to 517.4  Still rising and jumps another 2 places.

North Lanarkshire   542.3 to 514.7  

Dundee City   514.7 to 502.6 

North Ayrshire 487.9 to 485.7

Fife  478.4 to 474.4   

East Dunbartonshire  472.6 to 469.9

Clackmannanshire   499.1 to 464.0

Falkirk  460.3 to 458.4

Renfrewshire   454.9 to 440.4  

South Lanarkshire   451.3 to 431.1

Perth & Kinross   406.2 to 402.2  

BELOW AVERAGE

Glasgow City 420.2 to 398.7  Drops below the Scottish average

East Renfrewshire 394.5 to 389.3

Inverclyde   394.5 to 389.3

Midlothian   412.2 to 387.5

Aberdeenshire   392.3 to 386.1

Stirling  389.0 to 376.3 

Dumfries & Galloway  342.6 to 348.0

Argyll & Bute  352.3 to 340.6

Aberdeen City  341.4 to 328.3  

Angus  291.0 to 293.6 

City Of Edinburgh  292.4 to 290.0 

East Lothian   262.3 to 2641.1  

Scottish  Borders  231.7 to 229.1

Moray  218.4 to 214.2

Highlands   210.7 to 199.2

Western Isles   162.3 to 184.9

Orkney Islands    89.3 to 89.3 

Shetland Islands    43.7 to 48.1

Edited by superbigal

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

At last hospital admission to be separated into with Covid cases and those testing positive after being admitted for some other reason.

Long overdue. It’ll be interesting to see the reaction if it begins to paint some hospitals in a bad light, if they are having outbreaks or high levels of infection after admission.

18 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Nippy's statement  to parliament now.

Good to hear that 'so far' the students coming back hasn't been followed by a rise in cases. Fingers crossed.

Numbers overall look good apart from the positivity.

Thing is, they aren't really back. Not in any significant numbers. This is week 3 of semester and when I was in today the place was dead. Usually the corridors, crush areas, cafes and so on would be rammed with students. 

I had a visitor come to campus and he was pleased and surprised to get parked right at the door to my building; in the olden days he would park miles away in one of the big car parks.

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Thing is, they aren't really back. Not in any significant numbers. This is week 3 of semester and when I was in today the place was dead. Usually the corridors, crush areas, cafes and so on would be rammed with students. 

I had a visitor come to campus and he was pleased and surprised to get parked right at the door to my building; in the olden days he would park miles away in one of the big car parks.

True but I would have assumed that the risk of spread would be in the bars and clubs rather than the uni buildings. 

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

True but I would have assumed that the risk of spread would be in the bars and clubs rather than the uni buildings. 

That'll be why schoolchildren make up a huge number of current cases, because Covid knows only to infect when they're on the bevvy. 

A hell of a lot of students are just staying at home as lectures continue to be online. I doubt bars and clubs are seeing anything like student numbers in the traditional Uni areas.

To use a football parallel we really need someone to calm down, put their foot on the ball and have a good look about the pitch so see whats happening, 18 months on and its still one knee jerk after another. 

BBC News - Delay to enforcement of Scottish vaccine passport scheme

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58721564

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
15 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

A hell of a lot of students are just staying at home as lectures continue to be online. I doubt bars and clubs are seeing anything like student numbers in the traditional Uni areas.

It's a mixed bag in RGU where my wife works and in Aberdeen city centre. Not that I go to the same pubs as the students being an auld b*****d.

47 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, budmiester1 said:
I went to get a drink at Glasgow airport in the Beardmore , before I was allowed in I had to complete the track and trace online, not one place in London even batted an eyelid to me walking in. 

Airports are understandable

Here’s the rub though, I had a drink in T5 Heathrow, same pub chain, no track and trace , nothing at all.

This has maybe been addressed elsewhere in the thread, but has there been any clarity on what will happen for people like myself who were vaccinated in England but now living in Scotland? I’ve had to move back home for family reasons and I’ll absolutely go insane if I’m unable to enjoy a night out or big football match from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

This has maybe been addressed elsewhere in the thread, but has there been any clarity on what will happen for people like myself who were vaccinated in England but now living in Scotland? I’ve had to move back home for family reasons and I’ll absolutely go insane if I’m unable to enjoy a night out or big football match from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They said this week your QR code will work fine. 

I suspect that was always the case and the whole drama was just a communications strategy. 

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
30 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I live round the corner from High Street Glasgow and my usual barometer for the students being fully back was the state of the Aldi at 5pm midweek. Nowhere near pre-pandemic levels. Some students definitely back but much much reduced it seems.