Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On arrival into Spanish ports and airports, you may be subject to the following requirements at the point of entry:

Present the QR code (hardcopy or digital) issued on completion of the online Health Control Form prior to travel.

Undergo a temperature check

Undergo a visual health assessment

Passengers may also be contacted and required to undertake a PCR, TMA or LAMP test at any point up to 48 hours after their arrival in Spain.

I think this last part is why your relatives may be confused.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

On arrival into Spanish ports and airports, you may be subject to the following requirements at the point of entry:

Present the QR code (hardcopy or digital) issued on completion of the online Health Control Form prior to travel.

Undergo a temperature check

Undergo a visual health assessment

Passengers may also be contacted and required to undertake a PCR, TMA or LAMP test at any point up to 48 hours after their arrival in Spain.

I think this last part is why your relatives may be confused.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Correct - assuming you are flying straight from UK and not via mainland Spain - this does require an LFT.

Think that might be out of date if you're fully vaccinated, pretty sure it's not required for flights to anywhere in Spain or for internal connections.

Think that might be out of date if you're fully vaccinated, pretty sure it's not required for flights to anywhere in Spain or for internal connections.
I just quickly checked using .gov - but that must be out-of date - you are correct (if Google Translate is accurate) according to https://www.ibsalut.es/es/viajar-a-baleares

The rules for the Balearics for travel between different regions of Spain and the Balearics are updated weekly - not just the list of regions they are applied to but how they are applied.

Trying to keep track is difficult - at least 3 different sites you need to look at - not helped that this key one is entirely in Spanish!!!

Anyone know the answer to this one?

It advises that kids that are fully vaccinated don't need a PCR.  However the UK is only giving kids one jag at present whereas many European countries are giving kids two.

Would that mean that by their interpretation our kids wouldn't fall under criteria of fully vaccinated?

Cannot find clear info anywhere regarding this.

Just got back from London last night after a long weekend, the difference between Scotland and England is stark. We only wore a mask when we were on public transport and at the airport, everywhere else we didn’t bother, nobody tutted or pointed at us,they just got on with life. Being able to just walk into a pub or restaurant without checking in on TT , walking up to the bar and ordering a beer with no palaver was brilliant.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

It advises that kids that are fully vaccinated don't need a PCR.  However the UK is only giving kids one jag at present whereas many European countries are giving kids two.

Would that mean that by their interpretation our kids wouldn't fall under criteria of fully vaccinated?

If you're referring to Spain the current rules look like if they're 12 or over and with one jag only, they'll have to take an LFT within 48 hrs of boarding. But the rules are rapidly changing so I wouldn't book tests until as late as possible.

Just got back from London last night after a long weekend, the difference between Scotland and England is stark. We only wore a mask when we were on public transport and at the airport, everywhere else we didn’t bother, nobody tutted or pointed at us,they just got on with life. Being able to just walk into a pub or restaurant without checking in on TT , walking up to the bar and ordering a beer with no palaver was brilliant.
I'm really not getting that people are not able to walk into a pub, up to a bar and order here without any interventions. It's been that way almost every pub I have been in since the rules changed. I see very few pubs operating differently here now to England and I have been down south now twice since July easing. I'm not being asked to put on a mask or give contact details down in Ayrshire or in Paisley / Glasgow. I don't see 'stark differences" between how pubs are operating here and in England and haven't for weeks now.

12 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

I don’t disagree with Scandinavia. I disagree with your dismissive view of others who explain the difference.  

What brand of simping even is this? There is no difference. Scotland has essentially identical vaccination rates to Denmark, and a reasonable deal more than Norway and Sweden. Cases are artificially higher here due to the population wide testing which continues every single day, and they have been plummeting for a fortnight now anyway. Not that 'cases' is in any way a metric that should determine if we have to wear face masks or show health ID in public on the whim of the Scottish Government.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I love your selective outrage. Restricting a few venues to the fully vaxxed, fascist authoritarianism, restricting travel to those with an EU vaccine passport, sexy scandi freedom. :1eye

That's just you giving your mind a treat, as usual. Easier free movement within the bloc was always a big benefit of the EU. That doesn't prohibit others from travelling there. 🥴

1 hour ago, budmiester1 said:

But we've been told that there really isn't much difference between down south and up here!

30 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, budmiester1 said:

I'm really not getting that people are not able to walk into a pub, up to a bar and order here without any interventions. It's been that way almost every pub I have been in since the rules changed. I see very few pubs operating differently here now to England and I have been down south now twice since July easing. I'm not being asked to put on a mask or give contact details down in Ayrshire or in Paisley / Glasgow. I don't see 'stark differences" between how pubs are operating here and in England and haven't for weeks now.

Pubs is the obvious odd one out because anything else would be utterly farcical and even the Scottish Government had to climb down from this.

Bars that also serve as restaurants largely still enforce the theatre, and then there's restaurants more generally along with shops, museums, etc.

41 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, budmiester1 said:

I haven't been asked for contact details or to scan a QR code for months, except once when I was down in Cornwall.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

If you're referring to Spain the current rules look like if they're 12 or over and with one jag only, they'll have to take an LFT within 48 hrs of boarding. But the rules are rapidly changing so I wouldn't book tests until as late as possible.

Not true if arriving from UK it has to be PCR in preceding 72 hours.  See last bit in bold.   

Certificate indicating the negative result of a COVID-19 Active Infection Diagnostic Test performed on the holder. Antigen tests performed a maximum of 48 hours prior to arrival in Spain will be accepted, as will NAAT tests (PCR, TMA, LAMP) performed a maximum of 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain. Only NAAT tests will be accepted for people travelling from the United Kingdom.

Full statement is

Anyone over the age of 12 will have to meet at least one of the following requirements:

· Vaccination certificate that proves that the holder has received a vaccine against COVID-19. You must be fully vaccinated and have received your last dose at least 14 days before arrival in Spain. Any vaccine will be admitted that has been authorised for commercial use by the EU (European Medicines Agency - EMA) and the WHO.

· Certificate indicating the negative result of a COVID-19 Active Infection Diagnostic Test performed on the holder. Antigen tests performed a maximum of 48 hours prior to arrival in Spain will be accepted, as will NAAT tests (PCR, TMA, LAMP) performed a maximum of 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain. Only NAAT tests will be accepted for people travelling from the United Kingdom.

· A certificate stating that the holder has recovered from COVID-19, issued at least 11 days after your first positive NAAT (PCR, TMA, LAMP) test. The certificate is valid for 180 days. People travelling from the UK cannot use this option.

Edited by superbigal

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Currently and I expect this not to change.

Spain does not recognise anyone with 1 Jag as being fully vaccinated.

They themselves administer 2 doses to 12-15 year olds.

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Not true if arriving from UK it has to be PCR in preceding 72 hours.  See last bit in bold.   

Certificate indicating the negative result of a COVID-19 Active Infection Diagnostic Test performed on the holder. Antigen tests performed a maximum of 48 hours prior to arrival in Spain will be accepted, as will NAAT tests (PCR, TMA, LAMP) performed a maximum of 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain. Only NAAT tests will be accepted for people travelling from the United Kingdom.

Full statement is

Anyone over the age of 12 will have to meet at least one of the following requirements:

· Vaccination certificate that proves that the holder has received a vaccine against COVID-19. You must be fully vaccinated and have received your last dose at least 14 days before arrival in Spain. Any vaccine will be admitted that has been authorised for commercial use by the EU (European Medicines Agency - EMA) and the WHO.

· Certificate indicating the negative result of a COVID-19 Active Infection Diagnostic Test performed on the holder. Antigen tests performed a maximum of 48 hours prior to arrival in Spain will be accepted, as will NAAT tests (PCR, TMA, LAMP) performed a maximum of 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain. Only NAAT tests will be accepted for people travelling from the United Kingdom.

· A certificate stating that the holder has recovered from COVID-19, issued at least 11 days after your first positive NAAT (PCR, TMA, LAMP) test. The certificate is valid for 180 days. People travelling from the UK cannot use this option.

I stand corrected, the wording is slightly different everywhere you look, and it's hard to tell which is the most up to date. Don't agree with you about Spain not changing their rules, they were about the first to relax the testing requirements for Brits, if we stick to one jag for u18s I think they'll change their rules to allow it soon enough. Tourism's a competitive business. 

3 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I got told that my son could get a second one in 8 weeks time if we feel he needs one ( this is regarding what family members he would be around we feel he may be a rick to incase he carries anything etc).

11 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I got told that my son could get a second one in 8 weeks time if we feel he needs one ( this is regarding what family members he would be around we feel he may be a rick to incase he carries anything etc).

The NHS Inform site indicates they're expecting a second jag to be authorised for everyone soon.

All other children and young people aged 12 to 15 years will be offered a first dose of the vaccine. The timing of a second dose will be confirmed later.