Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Shame Italy have lost the plot, though it was them who brought 'lockdown' to the West. Wanting to go to Rome but it can wait till they settle their tits. Stockholm, Copenhagen and more of eastern Europe will be the port of call next year. Although I suspect most of this will be pretty moot by next summer.

No surprise whatsoever since they're the best places to live on Earth. If only Scotland had the autonomy to be more like them in our pandemic recovery.

Oh.

You are probably right about the first to go into lockdown thing but that's only because they were the first hit. Ask the people of Bergamo who had churches with increasing numbers of coffins on a daily basis.

40 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Been a slower burner than Scotland which saw it immediately, but that's the school case bounce starting to hit. 

It will be well annoying if this continues and Europe denies entry to UK travellers just as Scotland gets down to the EU average, when my holiday's booked at the end of October.

No surprise whatsoever since they're the best places to live on Earth. If only Scotland had the autonomy to be more like them in our pandemic recovery.
Oh.
Canada is actually number 1 for 2021 on that index but they are in the top 10 as are Germany, Australia and NZ who are all regularly maligned on here so it's a mixed bag.

4 hours ago, Elixir said:

Could you please take your disingenuous trolling somewhere else?

I'll try spelling it out for you one more time, though: the pandemic phase is essentially now over in most of Europe, and is certainly considered as such in Scandinavia now that the population wide vaccination program is complete. So what matters regarding how we live our lives is what is happening here and now - not in the past where a range of mitigation strategies were being pursued.

Take your time and go over this slowly. Thanks.

Utterly hilarious. 

What a strange little universe you live in 

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

A German university is bringing in coloured wrist bands to identify unvaccinated people. What could go wrong. 

People in glass houses as they say.

Remember, we're all living in a country where the state is encouraging us to record / photograph any perceived wrongdoing of our neighbours and stick them into the authorities.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You are probably right about the first to go into lockdown thing but that's only because they were the first hit. Ask the people of Bergamo who had churches with increasing numbers of coffins on a daily basis.

No doubt. I always supported mitigation, just not blanket locking up society. It was already too late for Bergamo before they or anyone realised.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It will be well annoying if this continues and Europe denies entry to UK travellers just as Scotland gets down to the EU average, when my holiday's booked at the end of October.

Err, the EU will, generally speaking, be less of a dick now that travel to the UK is more reciprocal. The UK will literally be joining the EU's vaccine passport scheme as well.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Canada is actually number 1 for 2021 on that index but they are in the top 10 as are Germany, Australia and NZ who are all regularly maligned on here so it's a mixed bag.

Think we can safely launch Australia and New Zealand way down the list now unless living in a police state is your thing. Canada is slowly becoming less radge, and at least has its natural landscapes going for it. None have the same social welfare systems the Nordics have, though.

51 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Utterly hilarious. 

What a strange little universe you live in 

Do you disagree with Scandinavia? Who should an independent Scotland be inspired by if not other northern European nations who are among the best run on Earth?

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

No doubt. I always supported mitigation, just not blanket locking up society. It was already too late for Bergamo before they or anyone realised.

Err, the EU will, generally speaking, be less of a dick now that travel to the UK is more reciprocal. The UK will literally be joining the EU's vaccine passport scheme as well.

Think we can safely launch Australia and New Zealand way down the list now unless living in a police state is your thing. Canada is slowly becoming less radge, and at least has its natural landscapes going for it. None have the same social welfare systems the Nordics have, though.

Do you disagree with Scandinavia? Who should an independent Scotland be inspired by if not other northern European nations who are among the best run on Earth?

I don’t disagree with Scandinavia. I disagree with your dismissive view of others who explain the difference.  

18 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Are cases in Scotland not in freefall? I see zero celebration of this.

Experts etc are not going to focus all the attention on cases falling through the floor without any intervention on the eve of the introduction of vaccine passports.

If I were them, given their knicker wetting predictions of doom and gloom, i'd be keeping quiet too.

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
Bookings are not mandatory, but test and trace is (meant to be).
I've always been asked in a restaurant, but never in a pub recently.

Yip pretty much how I've seen it. Pubs not even looking for masks moving around or entering and I certainly haven't been asked to do T&T since the rules changed.

I was in Dobbies yesterday late afternoon. Spent 30 mins browsing on my own, picking up a few things and decided I’d get a coffee in the restaurant. It was quiet but the lady asked my details for track & trace. Absolutely no sense in this as I was free to wander around the store but they needed this information for a 15 mins sit down with a blooming latte 😂 

I was in Dobbies yesterday late afternoon. Spent 30 mins browsing on my own, picking up a few things and decided I’d get a coffee in the restaurant. It was quiet but the lady asked my details for track & trace. Absolutely no sense in this as I was free to wander around the store but they needed this information for a 15 mins sit down with a blooming latte [emoji23] 
Serves you right for going to Dobbies !

35 minutes ago, deegee said:

I was in Dobbies yesterday late afternoon. Spent 30 mins browsing on my own, picking up a few things and decided I’d get a coffee in the restaurant. It was quiet but the lady asked my details for track & trace. Absolutely no sense in this as I was free to wander around the store but they needed this information for a 15 mins sit down with a blooming latte 😂 

A lot of the legacy stuff is nonsensical now.

Similar example last weekend for me. Out in town. Sat down for dinner, asked to T&T. Then out for drinks in a couple of pubs (one busy, one rammed) and not asked anything.

If "stopping the spread" is the aim, then the areas where I was most likely to catch it / pass it on went unchecked, rendering the whole process largely pointless.

The application of them has become almost farcical. They had their time, but it's gone now. Government seem extremely stubborn to let them go, though.

Edited by Todd_is_God

53 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I love your selective outrage. Restricting a few venues to the fully vaxxed, fascist authoritarianism, restricting travel to those with an EU vaccine passport, sexy scandi freedom. :1eye

Going to Majorca for one week from 10th October. Flying from Edinburgh and returning to Edinburgh

My understanding is that I'll need the following.

1. Proof of vaccination status.

2. Complete passenger locator form.

3. Undertake a PCR test in Majorca before traveling back to Scotland.

4. Undertake a PCR test within 2 days of arriving in Scotland. 

Is this correct?

I'm pretty sure I've read the guidance but getting some mixed messages from wider family members.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Going to Majorca for one week from 10th October. Flying from Edinburgh and returning to Edinburgh
Is this correct?
I'm pretty sure I've read the guidance but getting some mixed messages from wider family members.

Everyone aged 12 or over arriving in Spain from the UK must present either:

a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of travelling

Or

proof of being fully vaccinated at least 14 days before travel

In addition, you must complete a health control form no more than 48 hours before travelling to Spain by air or sea.

If you are fully vaccinated, you won’t need a pre-departure Covid test before arrival into the UK from Spain.

You will still need to take a PCR test on day two of your return - you need to book this before you return to put the code in your Passenger Locator Form.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
22 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
Is this correct?

PCR day 2 only if you are fully vaccinated

Thanks,

Both fully vaccinated. Does that mean we don't need to get a test in Majorca?

Thanks,
Both fully vaccinated. Does that mean we don't need to get a test in Majorca?
Correct - assuming you are flying straight from UK and not via mainland Spain - this does require an LFT.

Still need to do the forms as well - before going to Spain and before returning to UK.

So no step 3 as you had - just a return Passenger Locator Form.