Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Because..........they don't have Covid?

I mean it's quite obvious that if you take multiple tests and they come back negative that you do not have covid.

People are either terrified still or, more likely in this case, people simply want to get a positive PCR result back so they can let the world know they had the covid.

I mean it's quite obvious that if you take multiple tests and they come back negative that you do not have covid.
People are either terrified still or, more likely in this case, people simply want to get a positive PCR result back so they can let the world know they had the covid.
I feel a bit sorry for folk again in this. For nearly two years now, everything is covid. The symptom lists expanded beyond any reason, and, of course owing to restrictions hardly anyone was ever ill. You cant cough without folk expecting you to immediately declare that youv had a test...

Who were the absolute legends on here a couple of weeks ago who were telling us there are definitely these ridiculous huge 'sterile' zones at games down in England, btw? 😅

Because the visual proof is quite clear that these are not a thing down there.

28 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Who were the absolute legends on here a couple of weeks ago who were telling us there are definitely these ridiculous huge 'sterile' zones at games down in England, btw? 😅

I was at a game in England at the weekend.  The only "sterile" zones were there to try and stop the home fans lobbing missiles at the away fans.

Who were the absolute legends on here a couple of weeks ago who were telling us there are definitely these ridiculous huge 'sterile' zones at games down in England, btw? [emoji28]
It's tiny in comparison to up here. 300 ST holders moved from around the dugout at Liverpool and 200 at MU for example.

It's tiny in comparison to up here. 300 ST holders moved from around the dugout at Liverpool and 200 at MU for example.
Sorry it's other way round 200 at Anfield but it does still exist just not so noticable due to the small area affected

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-anfield-premier-league-change-21344507

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Yep, they've accepted Covid is part of life down there.  I mean the Tories are racist cunts and I'd rather be dead than ever vote for them, but they've had enough of Covid, and rightfully so.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, they've accepted Covid is part of life down there.  I mean the Tories are racist c***s and I'd rather be dead than ever vote for them, but they've had enough of Covid, and rightfully so.

Yup. I am honestly baffled how things like binning masks, not having vaxx certificates and contact tracing any more appears to be utterly uncontroversial in Scandinavia, the most progressive place on Earth, where literally nobody will keep wearing a mask now it's no longer required.

Yet here just look at the state people get in. I think it simply has to be down to such a polarised political climate here and in America, etc - where as in Scandinavia their political make-up is more diverse so there has to be compromises.

If Ireland follow through with binning vaxx certs in a few weeks, as well as masks, I really just don't know what else can be said about Sturgeon and the Scottish Government.

The problem is that now the symptoms of Covid have evolved so much. The delta variant presents like the common cold. Ask Deepti and you'll have hundreds of symptoms listed. And many viruses produce similar symptoms as the body tends to fight them off in the same way. 

Cold and flu are very similar, often just the severity determining which is which. 

Covid on the brain means that every cough, sniffle, headache and the like are treated the same. 

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, they've accepted Covid is part of life down there.  I mean the Tories are racist c***s and I'd rather be dead than ever vote for them, but they've had enough of Covid, and rightfully so.

I’d imagine quite a number of SNP voters will be unwilling to use Tory England as an example of how we should handle COVID moving forward, because they’re scared it undermines their rigid pro-SNP/independence argument.

Personally think it’s a better look for us not to be so ridiculously pig headed when it’s people’s liberties/livelihoods/sanity at stake, but there we are.

Just now, anotherchance said:

I’d imagine quite a number of SNP voters will be unwilling to use Tory England as an example of how we should handle COVID moving forward, because they’re scared it undermines their rigid pro-SNP/independence argument.

Personally think it’s a better look for us not to be so ridiculously pig headed when it’s people’s liberties/livelihoods/sanity at stake, but there we are.

Indeed, I'm pro-Independence but I am mature enough to admit when WM have made better choices than the SG.

Been trying to get info on how I can get a 3rd primary vaccine (not booster) due to having Myeloma. GP says no idea. Phoned Public Health Scotland and they had never heard of it. It was published by JCVI on 1st September and is in chapter 14a of the vaccine Green Book. Shambles.  

21 hours ago, Elixir said:

Will there be any Scottish Government tears about this?

This has been the case for months.  I know of people doing the Dublin Dodge so leaving from Glasgow for a country on the red list, then coming back via Dublin then crossing the border into Belfast then getting home from there. 

• 2,069 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 23,553 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 9.5% of these were positive
  • 1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)  
  • 76 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 1,023 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 4,181,617 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,829,881 have received their second dose

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 1 (2 day before),  ICU cases 76 up from  74  (23 new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid  1023 up from 1004 (? new admissions).  ICU and hospitilisations up for 1st time in a few days.  Hopefully just weekend reporting.

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines   4,259 to 4,785 ,  2nd vaccines  3,036 to 2,771

Daily Cases Update: 17 days in a row of falls now with another  drop of near  3% to 409.4 and I expect another small fall tomorrow. Infectivity now below 9%.

Only Ayrshire seems to be bucking the trend.  Kilmarnock South Central & Caprington currently the plague central of Scotland at 2606 per 100K.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 18th September to 24th September  were 23,048 to 22,379 down 2.90%, Positivity was 9.0% now 8.9%.  Cases per 100K were  421.7 now 409.4

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average  332.1 to 341.5 up 2.83%, England  302.6 to 313.7 up 3.67%, Wales 614.7 to 639.0 up 3.95%, Northern Ireland   423.6 to 417.9 down 1.35%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 520.4 (weekly change -7%), Romania 237.9 (weekly up 67%), Croatia 195.0 (weekly -1%), Ireland  186.0 (Weekly  up 7%), Moldova 182.1 (Weekly up 6%),  Bulgaria 154.5 (Weekly -2%),  These are the only countries over 150 cases per 100K.

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Dunbartonshire    689.4 to 641.8  At last a decent decrease down 6.90%

East Ayrshire  619.2 to 620.1  5th day in a row rising and probably go top tomorrow.

South Ayrshire   588.6 to 601.9 Probably make it an Ayrshite top 2 tomorrow as continues to rise.

North Lanarkshire   562.8 to 542.3  

Dundee City   528.2 to 514.7 

West Lothian   505.4 to 510.3  Still rising jumps another spot.

Clackmannanshire   524.5 to 499.1

North Ayrshire  492.4 to 487.9

Fife  491.3 to 478.4   

East Dunbartonshire  500.2 to 472.6

Falkirk  493.3 to 460.3

Renfrewshire   477.2 to 454.9  

South Lanarkshire   460.7 to 451.3

Glasgow City 442.9 to 420.2

Midlothian   420.8 to 412.2 

BELOW AVERAGE

Perth & Kinross  426.6 to 406.2  Now on the decline after a week of rises.

East Renfrewshire  397.7 to 394.5

Inverclyde  423.0 to 394.5

Aberdeenshire    394.6 to 392.3

Stirling  400.7 to 389.0 

Argyll & Bute 359.4 to 352.3

Dumfries & Galloway   341.9 to 342.6

Aberdeen City   344.5 to 341.4   

City Of Edinburgh   301.2 to 292.4 

Angus  281.5 to 291.0

East Lothian   265.1 to 262.3   

Scottish  Borders  247.3 to 231.7

Moray  216.3 to 218.4