Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Ah see what he means no PLF Arriving from RoI to Uk. Not sure UKG will be happy at that never mind SG.

Time to bin the lot and just treat this like a normal respiratory disease.

I read somewhere that’s what Norway has done.

Fed up seeing people going about looking subhuman.

UK arrivals are "sub human" that's a bizarre take. Seems you are quoting me with a response to a totally different issue !

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

This has always been the case, no?  RoI has been in the common travel area and therefore no need to quarantine when arriving from there.

Yup, the Dublin dodge as it's known. There's always the risk of being questioned whether you've been outside the common travel area in the last 10 days.

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

This has always been the case, no?  RoI has been in the common travel area and therefore no need to quarantine when arriving from there.

It was but some rules were changed when the quarantine system was brought in.  The American guy (and daughter)that arrived from the US and were one of the first to go into the quarantine jail had to be let out because they’d transited via RoI so technically didn’t have to go into managed quarantine.

42 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I see Kelso races have announced a 4k capacity cap for meetings from 1 October to circumvent the passport requirements. Wonder how many non all seated sports arenas might do likewise ?

Dunhill Links Golf next weekend has put a daily limit of 4,000 per day per course. 

36 minutes ago, strichener said:

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yup, the Dublin dodge as it's known. There's always the risk of being questioned whether you've been outside the common travel area in the last 10 days.

Yes and no. It was always a loophole, however it was an offence to make a false declaration on a PLF.

Now there are no PLFs, there can be no offence.

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yes and no. It was always a loophole, however it was an offence to make a false declaration on a PLF.

Now there are no PLFs, there can be no offence.

There was never a need for a PLF travelling from Dublin to UK, same as London to Inverness. If you're unlucky enough to be questioned and you've been in a red listed country in the last 10 days, then it's mandatory hotel quarantine at over £2000, not sure about the penalty for lying about it.

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

UK arrivals are "sub human" that's a bizarre take. Seems you are quoting me with a response to a totally different issue !

Sorry.

Im just letting off steam about the whole situation.

Complete nonsense.

13 hours ago, superbigal said:

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 2 (18 day before),  ICU cases 74 down from  79  (? new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid  1004 down from 1005 (? new admissions).  This is the 5th day of reduction in hospital numbers   I think ICU cases have peaked now and hopefully deaths not far behind.

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines  4,295 to 4,259 ,  2nd vaccines  3,892 to 3,036

Daily Cases Update: 16 days in a row of falls now with another  drop of 2% to 423.6 and I expect similar tomorrow.

Wales has gone number 1 in the world and England's 4th wave is gathering pace.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 17th September to 23rd September  were 23,510 to 23,048 down 1.97%, Positivity was 9.1% now 9.0%.  Cases per 100K were  430.1 now 421.7

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average  321.4 to 332.1 up 3.33%, England  289.1 to 302.6 up 4.67%, Wales 597.5 to 614.7 up 2.88%, Northern Ireland   426.4 to 423.6 down 0.66%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 520.4 (weekly change -7%), Romania 224.7 (weekly up 63%), Croatia 195.0 (weekly -1%), Ireland  181.3 (Weekly  up 3%), Moldova 178.0 (Weekly up 8%),  Bulgaria 154.5 (Weekly -2%), Bosnia 151.9 (weekly -5%),   These are the only countries over 150 cases per 100K.

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Dunbartonshire   699.6 to 689.4  Comfortably out in front 

East Ayrshire 616.8 to 619.2 4th day in a row rising

South Ayrshire   584.1 to 588.6 More of Ayrshire rising and jumps places again.

North Lanarkshire   584.5 to 562.8  

Dundee City    520.8 to 528.2 

Clackmannanshire    532.3 to 524.5

West Lothian   480.9 to 505.4  Up 5 places 

East Dunbartonshire   526.9 to 500.2

Falkirk   508.8 to 493.3

North Ayrshire  502.8 to 492.4

Fife  499.6 to 491.3   

Renfrewshire   499.5 to 477.2  

South Lanarkshire    468.2 to 460.7

Glasgow City 453.9 to 442.9

Perth & Kinross   412.1 to 426.6 Rising for 5 days now. 

Inverclyde 438.6 to 423.0

BELOW AVERAGE

Midlothian  421.9 to 420.8 

Stirling  419.9 to 400.7 

East Renfrewshire 411.2 to 397.7

Aberdeenshire   404.2 to 394.6

Argyll & Bute   374.6 to 359.4

Aberdeen City   366.3 to 344.5   

Dumfries & Galloway  341.9 to 341.9

City Of Edinburgh   311.0 to 301.2 

Angus   283.2 to 281.5

East Lothian   260.4 to 265.1   

Scottish  Borders  265.5 to 247.3

Highlands   239.6 to 230.2

Moray   219.4 to 216.3

Western Isles   173.6 to 177.4

Orkney Islands   111.6 to 93.8 

Shetland Islands    74.3 to 61.8

Just want to thank you for these stats. I'm sure there is many others who would also post the same, however, won't post on this shambles of a thread anymore including myself. Butthen (that should be word), after a little Dutch courage I'm free like a bird. Cheers mate.

Little crazy again in Thailand.  

The last few weeks Thailand has been jagging between 800,00 & 600,000 per day 7 days a week.  On Thursday last week the Pm came out and told everyone we will vaccinate over 1 million people on Friday in respect of the late King (don't know his name) from 1900.  Cool. On Friday they jagged 1.3m people 1st, 2nd & 3rd doses (3rd dose is for the poor soles that got 2 shots of Sinovac, they now get booster of AZ or Pfizer).

Saturday, we jagged 67,000 Sunday we jagged 32,000.

Still, he got the publicity on TV. c**t  

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Just want to thank you for these stats. I'm sure there is many others who would also post the same, however, won't post on this shambles of a thread anymore including myself. Butthen (that should be word), after a little Dutch courage I'm free like a bird. Cheers mate.

Little crazy again in Thailand.  

The last few weeks Thailand has been jagging between 800,00 & 600,000 per day 7 days a week.  On Thursday last week the Pm came out and told everyone we will vaccinate over 1 million people on Friday in respect of the late King (don't know his name) from 1900.  Cool. On Friday they jagged 1.3m people 1st, 2nd & 3rd doses (3rd dose is for the poor soles that got 2 shots of Sinovac, they now get booster of AZ or Pfizer).

Saturday, we jagged 67,000 Sunday we jagged 32,000.

Still, he got the publicity on TV. c**t  

Slippery, what's the word on travel restrictions. I see they are still wanting you to stay in recommended hotels and only opening a few more holiday hot spots. The whole sandbox programme has been a failure(averaged 11 visitors a day in Ko Samui) yet they seem to be persisting with it. Thinking of coming over January but not going to book anything till picture clearer. Is there talk of opening up without all the expensive add-ons when the majority are jagged?

2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Slippery, what's the word on travel restrictions. I see they are still wanting you to stay in recommended hotels and only opening a few more holiday hot spots. The whole sandbox programme has been a failure(averaged 11 visitors a day in Ko Samui) yet they seem to be persisting with it. Thinking of coming over January but not going to book anything till picture clearer. Is there talk of opening up without all the expensive add-ons when the majority are jagged?

Long answer NO What we call tourist at the moment is expats coming home..... Or Chinese businessmen ripping the shite oout the situation, why, our left back plays for their team.   

[emoji599]BREAKING! Other illnesses exist[emoji599]
I had to read this bit more than twice.....

According to the scientists, this is unlikely. Dr Peter English, a public health expert, was ‘not surprised’ by all the bizarre ‘Covid, but not Covid’ cases.
‘I wouldn’t worry too much if you have negative tests – they are likely to be a false negative,’ he says.

Are we now moving from self diagnosis of long covid to self diagnosis of covid itself?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I had to read this bit more than twice.....

According to the scientists, this is unlikely. Dr Peter English, a public health expert, was ‘not surprised’ by all the bizarre ‘Covid, but not Covid’ cases.
‘I wouldn’t worry too much if you have negative tests – they are likely to be a false negative,’ he says.

Are we now moving from self diagnosis of long covid to self diagnosis of covid itself?

Yes.

‘As far as I’m concerned, I’ve had Covid. The tests must be wrong.’

😂

Isn't the more likely explanation that people are being hit harder than normal respiratory viruses because we hid away from them for so long our immune systems were less able to fight them off?

Edited by Todd_is_God

Yes.
‘As far as I’m concerned, I’ve had Covid. The tests must be wrong.’
[emoji23]
Isn't the more likely explanation that people are being hit harder than normal respiratory viruses because we hid away from them for so long our immune systems were less able to fight them off?
AH'LL TELL YE THIS..... My body is currently suffering this effect to quite the pitiful degree. Coughing up brown sludge and whining like a wee bairn for days now.