Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, ddfg said:

Depends what you like to do on holiday, we had a week at the pool or the beach, out for dinner everynight and had a bus trip to other parts of the island one day. Had to wear a mask in the supermarket and on the bus but that's no different from here, apart from that everything else was outdoors and no mask required. I get that that might not be everyone's ideal week away but it was much better and more straightforward than I'd expected. 

Exactly my thoughts, covid didn't even come into anyone's thinking once we were in the resort and I'd actually be off again tomorrow had I the holidays available to take.

Was the NHS ever really in as much of a crisis as we were led to believe during the early part of September. Or was it just a ploy put in place by SG ably supported by the media to maintain the levels of fear they require to control large swathes of the population. I don't doubt sections of the health service were busy but to try and claim the entire workforce was under immense pressure is a bit like saying every cop in Scotland worked at Lockerbie or Dunblane, many did but many more just got on with their day job. 

5 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Was the NHS ever really in as much of a crisis as we were led to believe during the early part of September. Or was it just a ploy put in place by SG ably supported by the media to maintain the levels of fear they require to control large swathes of the population. I don't doubt sections of the health service were busy but to try and claim the entire workforce was under immense pressure is a bit like saying every cop in Scotland worked at Lockerbie or Dunblane, many did but many more just got on with their day job. 

It's fucking carnage in the acute sector, mate. Not a conspiracy.

2 hours ago, ddfg said:

One of my best mates is a senior ICU nurse. The stories he was telling us at that time were absolutely horrific.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

One of my best mates is a senior ICU nurse. The stories he was telling us at that time were absolutely horrific.

I don't doubt for a minute some people have been very busy and worked through challenging circumstances but I am also aware of staff being asked to take annual leave as all their clinics had been cancelled and there was no work for them and others warned by managers not to speak about how quiet they are. 

If Scots ate salads we probably wouldn’t need to worry about inoculations.  So probably need to just continue with the jags.

Maybe just as well as the SG might struggle to introduce a salad passport.

https://www.indy100.com/news/trump-michael-flynn-salad-dressing-b1925607

2 hours ago, ddfg said:

One or two depts struggling in a hospital can bring the rest of the place to a standstill. The SG were trying to control damage to their own image rather than keep people behind their sofa. The nhs being so inefficient and badly run that it wouldn't take much for a crisis to appear as we are seeing currently. 

Having had 2 doses of #Pfizer, Id hinestly rather have covid than the "cold" I currently have. Holy f**k man.

I’ve a bloody brutal one. At least I’m 99% sure it is as I have no Covid symptoms and my 2 LFT’s I did yesterday and this morning were negative.

Convinced this is revenge for me not getting one last Christmas.

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’ve a bloody brutal one. At least I’m 99% sure it is as I have no Covid symptoms and my 2 LFT’s I did yesterday and this morning were negative.

Convinced this is revenge for me not getting one last Christmas.

Not being critical or anything, but I keep hearing of people constantly doing tests.
Some even 2 or 3 times a week.

Why is this?

You just said you didn’t have Covid symptoms.

All very strange?

One thing that might help the wards is the new intake of qualified nurses are starting so less reliance on over time and agencies, will it be enough, who knows?

Regardless, the real scandal of those who've had investigative procedures cancelled numerous times and now are going to die because of this is yet to fully come to light.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Not being critical or anything, but I keep hearing of people constantly doing tests.
Some even 2 or 3 times a week.

Why is this?

You just said you didn’t have Covid symptoms.

All very strange?

That's the advice. 

The wife works at RGU and they're also advised to do 2 tests a week if they are in contact with the students.

That's the advice. 
The wife works at RGU and they're also advised to do 2 tests a week if they are in contact with the students.

Meh. Mines yesterday was to rule it out and today’s was a double check for me because I felt like I’d been hit by a bus.

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 2 (18 day before),  ICU cases 74 down from  79  (? new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid  1004 down from 1005 (? new admissions).  This is the 5th day of reduction in hospital numbers   I think ICU cases have peaked now and hopefully deaths not far behind.

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines  4,295 to 4,259 ,  2nd vaccines  3,892 to 3,036

Daily Cases Update: 16 days in a row of falls now with another  drop of 2% to 423.6 and I expect similar tomorrow.

Wales has gone number 1 in the world and England's 4th wave is gathering pace.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 17th September to 23rd September  were 23,510 to 23,048 down 1.97%, Positivity was 9.1% now 9.0%.  Cases per 100K were  430.1 now 421.7

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average  321.4 to 332.1 up 3.33%, England  289.1 to 302.6 up 4.67%, Wales 597.5 to 614.7 up 2.88%, Northern Ireland   426.4 to 423.6 down 0.66%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 520.4 (weekly change -7%), Romania 224.7 (weekly up 63%), Croatia 195.0 (weekly -1%), Ireland  181.3 (Weekly  up 3%), Moldova 178.0 (Weekly up 8%),  Bulgaria 154.5 (Weekly -2%), Bosnia 151.9 (weekly -5%),   These are the only countries over 150 cases per 100K.

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Dunbartonshire   699.6 to 689.4  Comfortably out in front 

East Ayrshire 616.8 to 619.2 4th day in a row rising

South Ayrshire   584.1 to 588.6 More of Ayrshire rising and jumps places again.

North Lanarkshire   584.5 to 562.8  

Dundee City    520.8 to 528.2 

Clackmannanshire    532.3 to 524.5

West Lothian   480.9 to 505.4  Up 5 places 

East Dunbartonshire   526.9 to 500.2

Falkirk   508.8 to 493.3

North Ayrshire  502.8 to 492.4

Fife  499.6 to 491.3   

Renfrewshire   499.5 to 477.2  

South Lanarkshire    468.2 to 460.7

Glasgow City 453.9 to 442.9

Perth & Kinross   412.1 to 426.6 Rising for 5 days now. 

Inverclyde 438.6 to 423.0

BELOW AVERAGE

Midlothian  421.9 to 420.8 

Stirling  419.9 to 400.7 

East Renfrewshire 411.2 to 397.7

Aberdeenshire   404.2 to 394.6

Argyll & Bute   374.6 to 359.4

Aberdeen City   366.3 to 344.5   

Dumfries & Galloway  341.9 to 341.9

City Of Edinburgh   311.0 to 301.2 

Angus   283.2 to 281.5

East Lothian   260.4 to 265.1