Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Abdul_Latif said:

Tbh rather than Linda Bauld, that Jillian Evans from NHS Aberdeenshire seems to be the chief knicker wetter / fear peddler at the moment.

She’s never off Radio Scotland just now saying we all need to lock down cause the NHS can’t cope and if we don’t… VaRiAnTs!!11

Theres no shortage of studies getting done on Covid, they really want to be doing one on these lockdownphiles and WTF is going on in their heads. A lot of folk on here have said about the SNP wanting to keep restrictions, as in, why would they want to keep them in place longer than neccessary. And maybe "want to keep restrictions" is a crude way to word it but we have definitely reached a point where some people are showing themselves to be in favour of continuing restrictions for reasons I simply cannot comprehend.  It's going to be a lingering hangover of this pandemic, folk calling for restrictions to the lives of others for varying reasons

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We British do like to kick down at people. And we especially like to kick out at people not "obeying the rules" even if we secretly loathe ourselves for following those rules.

Even worse than that, is the folk judging others for not following rules, when they are not doing so themselves. The attitude that it’s the poor / scum or just generally others that are problem and not them.

Shower of c***s. If you are gonna do your own thing then just own it and don’t look down on others for the same.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Theres no shortage of studies getting done on Covid, they really want to be doing one on these lockdownphiles and WTF is going on in their heads. A lot of folk on here have said about the SNP wanting to keep restrictions, as in, why would they want to keep them in place longer than neccessary. And maybe "want to keep restrictions" is a crude way to word it but we have definitely reached a point where some people are showing themselves to be in favour of continuing restrictions for reasons I simply cannot comprehend.  It's going to be a lingering hangover of this pandemic, folk calling for restrictions to the lives of others for varying reasons

Yeah, you’re not wrong. Absolutely nuts that some people are now so desensitised to it, they they they see lockdowns as a proportionate response to any crisis.

43 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

So many self proclaimed progressives have shown themselves to be anything but progressive - think things like unnecessary border closures, the impact of restrictions on a lot of traditionally low paid jobs etc.

A lot of it relates to virtue signalling, wanting to be seen to care and “I’m alright Jack” mentality. A lack of critical thinking and basic understanding of the stats must play a part too.

19 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

So many self proclaimed progressives have shown themselves to be anything but progressive - think things like unnecessary border closures, the impact of restrictions on a lot of traditionally low paid jobs etc.

A lot of it relates to virtue signalling, wanting to be seen to care and “I’m alright Jack” mentality. A lack of critical thinking and basic understanding of the stats must play a part too.

Any more of the Main Players chat you want to get in a single post?

Plenty of greenies will be coming your way for repeating the party line.  

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

Are you suggesting that at this stage of the pandemic, what we are discussing doesn't exist?

15 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Dissect my points, take my argument apart, explain and evidence why it’s wrong then.

Simply complaining that you don’t like the prevailing narrative seems pointless.

1 minute ago, anotherchance said:

Dissect my points, take my argument apart, explain and evidence why it’s wrong then.

Simply complaining that you don’t like the prevailing narrative seems pointless.

Why? They are just shite soundbites that you have read on here.  Nothing original (or accurate) in them.  

I’d rather just point and laugh at a pathetic crowd pleaser.  A bargain bin Elixir if you would.  

7 hours ago, superbigal said:

Dundee City   511.4 to 512.0 to 521.4  2nd day on rise.

Students are back. Plus there was a sold-out Dundee derby last weekend. 

Not that I’m blaming students or football, not least because there’s nothing to blame them for. I’m confident the vast majority of these cases are asymptomatic, or at worst very mild.

1 minute ago, The Master said:

Not that I’m blaming students or football, not least because there’s nothing to blame them for. I’m confident the vast majority of these cases are asymptomatic, or at worst very mild.

Bang on.  Hospitalisations and deaths are the only things we should be worrying about.  

14 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Why? They are just shite soundbites that you have read on here.  Nothing original (or accurate) in them.  

I’d rather just point and laugh at a pathetic crowd pleaser.  A bargain bin Elixir if you would.  

I think that you’ve seen aspects relating to yourself in what I posted, it’s touched a nerve or two and you’re now going all Bob Mahelp about it.

Normal to want to lash out in such circumstances but there’ll be better ways to deal with your anger which I urge you to investigate.

Edited by anotherchance

8 hours ago, The Master said:

Why is there no increase in Angus then?  :rolleyes:

Just now, BigDoddyKane said:

When does the removal of the pre-travel testing take effect? I thought I read on BBC was 4th Oct yesterday but I see STV news is saying end of Oct, 

which is correct?

4th is for the pre flight test before coming home, end of Oct sometime is downgrading the Day 2 test from PCR to LFT after getting home. 

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

4th is for the pre flight test before coming home, end of Oct sometime is downgrading the Day 2 test from PCR to LFT after getting home. 

Hope your right WB but some sites like STV are now saying different today

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/scottish-government-u-turns-on-covid-testing-rules-for-travellers?top