Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Bob Mahelp
52 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Sounds like doctors at their "best" with PVF. When I went I got all manner of blood tests etc done and when they all came back negative I was told it was post viral fatigue. It's the easy answer when everything else has been tried and tested

I made the point earlier that this whole discussion around long covid/PVF may eventually lead to greater emphasis on and understanding of the condition, and possibly more investment for treatment. 

Surely a good thing, given how many people seem to be affected with post viral conditions of varying seriousness. 

I made the point earlier that this whole discussion around long covid/PVF may eventually lead to greater emphasis on and understanding of the condition, and possibly more investment for treatment. 
Surely a good thing, given how many people seem to be affected with post viral conditions of varying seriousness. 

Maybe if folk like yourself would enter the discussion with "it would undoubtedly be good if post viral fatigue gets dealt with a bit better as a result of covid" rather than screaming about folk denying its existence, which no one has done, the discussion would have been less of a clusterfuck

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Maybe if folk like yourself would enter the discussion with "it would undoubtedly be good if post viral fatigue gets dealt with a bit better as a result of covid" rather than screaming about folk denying its existence, which no one has done, the discussion would have been less of a clusterfuck

Away and take your patronising shite to the fucking moon howlers who have made a thousand posts each on this thread, you absolute throbber. 

Don't tell me what I can or can't fucking post. 

With all respect. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Away and take your patronising shite to the fucking moon howlers who have made a thousand posts each on this thread, you absolute throbber. 

Don't tell me what I can or can't fucking post. 

With all respect. 

Well, hopefully you dont have work in the morning Bob

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You might not have noticed, but afaik the Nordic nations are all under 50/100,000 now, and we're still over 500. And most of them have been strict about masks and vaccine passports. 

Sorry, what vaccine passports are currently being used among the Nordic nations after the completion of the vaccination program? And indeed masks for that matter? If we didn't have an obsession with testing 1% of our population every single day we'd have less cases as well - crazy!

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah, you forgot the paper where the researchers came to conclusions about mask efficacy from responses to an online questionnaire.

Look, if you can't admit you came on a bit strong and over-stepped what you know then that's fine. I'm not wasting time arguing with you.

Not all the research papers were questionaires. Some had a questionaire element. Others had lab tests of particles passing through various types of mask. how many of the papers did you look at? I looked at five of the eight linked papers. As well as reading the opinion of the esteemed scientist who had done an in depth analysis of what those papers mean.

And how does that point have anything to do with the thing I said about certain masks being surgical masks and how they are categorised by health care professionals?

You want to discredit one point and use it against another completely unrelated point.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You came onto the thread full of dismissive arrogance and posted that questionnaire based research paper as "proof" that masks work. You shot your credibility right at the beginning.

I'm perfectly capable of working out what research is worth reading and I'm perfectly capable of working out who is and who is not an "esteemed scientist" without a layman mansplaining it to me but I'm not discussing it further on this thread.

I'll leave it at that. Make your own choices.

No I posted an article from the Lancet about masks working. Some people were arseholes about that because they disagreed with the opinion in the article with well nuanced takes like ItS JuST aN oPiniON..

i pointed out that the article referenced many published scientific journals. you are now choosing to one of the weaker scientific articles which was based on a survery to discredit all the scientific article that were referenced because you also disagree with the opinion.

Evidence presented to support your opinion about masks... zero.

Here is another article summarising a scientific paper that masks indeed do work.

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/diy-cloth-homemade-mask-protect-virus-covid-19/

The research was done before Covid 19 and concluded that even homemade masks had some effect on reducing virus transmission.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/258525804_Testing_the_Efficacy_of_Homemade_Masks_Would_They_Protect_in_an_Influenza_Pandemic

I remember saying this in March 2020 to a clown at my work only to be told 'colds don't kill people (they do) and it's much worse than flu'! It's literally standard grade biology that once the previously naive population has acquired enough immunity through infection and/or eventual vaccination that this would be the end game for such a respiratory virus.

Sarah Gilbert has been magnificent throughout, but it just shows you the climate of fear we have been living through for 18 months that only now will facts like this start to become accepted in the mainstream media and by society at large.

56 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That last sentence simply isn't true at all.

Sigh! What is it with you guys and your bare-faced lying? What's the point?

Denmark have insisted on vaccine passports for entry to all indoor hospitality venues since April, now that they've brought their infection rate down to below 50/100,000 , they've dropped it. We're still at more than ten times that rate. Can you imagine the heads going on this thread if Scotgov had done the same as Denmark last April?

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Can you imagine the heads going on this thread if Scotgov had done the same as Denmark last April?

Well, no.

In fact a few were suggesting vax passports & LFTs could be used over the summer to get things like the Euros at Hampden at full capacity.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Denmark have insisted on vaccine passports for entry to all indoor hospitality venues since April, now that they've brought their infection rate down to below 50/100,000 , they've dropped it. We're still at more than ten times that rate. Can you imagine the heads going on this thread if Scotgov had done the same as Denmark last April?

And what are testing figures like in Denmark now they're no longer required as part of their former and now binned scheme? I'd be extremely surprised if it's 1% of their entire population every single day, with guaranteed inflation from school kids. Of course, cases are already falling away like snow off a dyke in Scotland right here and now without vaccine passports. But still the Scottish Government and their Simps trudge on.

Edit: I think it's also easy to forget just how much more trust there is in government in Nordic countries for obvious, historic reasons. Indeed, their scheme was built on trust and it had a sunset clause linked to vaccination rates from the very outset, therefore making it easier to get onboard with. The same can't be said for the utter duds in Holyrood with some of the crazy shit they have dreamt up over the years. Why have the Scottish Government not made clear when this will be scrapped, even though it eventually will through public and industry pressure? Instead, they want their emergency powers made permanent. An incompetent band of tinpot jokers.

Edited by Elixir

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

And what are testing figures like in Denmark now they're no longer required as part of their former and now binned scheme? I'd be extremely surprised if it's 1% of their entire population every single day, with guaranteed inflation from school kids. Of course, cases are already falling away like snow off a dyke in Scotland right here and now without vaccine passports. But still the Scottish Government and their Simps trudge on.

Edit: I think it's also easy to forget just how much more trust there is in government in Nordic countries for obvious, historic reasons. Indeed, their scheme was built on trust and it had a sunset clause linked to vaccination rates from the very outset, therefore making it easier to get onboard with. The same can't be said for the utter duds in Holyrood with some of the crazy shit they have dreamt up over the years. Why have the Scottish Government not made clear when this will be scrapped, even though it eventually will through public and industry pressure? Instead, they want their emergency powers made permanent. An incompetent band of tinpot jokers.

I was just looking at this yesterday. Mainly to see their figures for cases in the hope that our mask mandate will be lifted once we reach the same kind of figures.

Denmark: Coronavirus Pandemic Country Profile - Our World in Data

image.png.564894defec170d7472e200f2aa75318.png

Edited by Suspect Device

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It’s been explained to you a couple of times so assume it’s just wilful ignorance on your part now. Introducing things like vaccine passports to allow things to open before we allowed them, then removing these when getting to a sufficient vaccine coverage figure, would have been a perfectly acceptable strategy. What isn’t though, is opening everything for months then introducing them to bring zero actual benefit other than to look like you’re doing something.

10 hours ago, Elixir said:

Sorry, what vaccine passports are currently being used among the Nordic nations after the completion of the vaccination program? And indeed masks for that matter? If we didn't have an obsession with testing 1% of our population every single day we'd have less cases as well - crazy!

^^^ Trump follower found.

Am I remembering correctly that sometime last year the BBC had an article about traditional viruses, possibly wintery ones, bodying covid out of the way?

I only ask because cases are dropping but anecdotally speaking, since this all started, iv never heard more folk coughing/spluttering/talking about being ill, colds returning etc than now.