Coronavirus (COVID-19)

US entry requirements

Travelers will need to show proof of full vaccination prior to boarding U.S.-bound planes. A COVID-19 test will also continue to be required within three days of departure and proof of negative results must be shown. Enhanced contact tracing and masking will also be required.

So proof of a negative test AND proof of double vaccine AND enhanced contact tracing / masking (whatever that means). Will give it a miss until next summer I think but a step in the right direction especially for separated families.

What are "enhanced masking requirements"? 

The US are severe on masks during flights and anyone 2 years old and up has to wear one. Whether there ends the enhanced requirements or not, who knows. 

Edit: may have read that wrong. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Thanks

An acceptable risk although heartbreaking for 3 sets of parents.

Unfortunately, that’s life.

Influenza is more dangerous to children than Covid. This is an indisputable fact.

22 minutes ago, Michael W said:

What are "enhanced masking requirements"? 

The US are severe on masks during flights and anyone 2 years old and up has to wear one. Whether there ends the enhanced requirements or not, who knows. 

Edit: may have read that wrong. 

Doubt it will matter a toss if you're going to a red state like Florida or Texas. Would be giving a wide berth to the psychos in places like New York and California for the time being.

49 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Been picking up a few angry dots for this, so thought I better explain that I was joking, but I do have to say I've had a better time in Canada and Mexico.

I'm going out in 2023 (booked and paying it already!), I have to say it wouldn't be my first choice destination. We have friends in Florida who we are going to see and do a bit travel around the state.

Obligatory stop in Orlando to do universal and maybe Magic Kingdom for last few days.

Would have been great if they could have arranged this so I could meet my fiance's family in Oregon for the first time this week instead of having to slum it in Spain ffs

Got a refund on the tickets so no harm in the end I suppose

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

Also booked to go to Florida next year so happy at this. Obviously hope it continues for the foreseeable. 

We've had to test our 3 year old 3 times since Wednesday. 2 tests were failures. Thankfully the 3rd was negative. He wasn't actually deemed a close contact but nursery weren't keen to have any kids back without a negative pcr test. Fucking horrible trying to test someone who has no understanding of why or what you are doing. 

Seems the yank relaxation of travel rules is pretty much for everybody just been on Skype with a mate,/ work colleague in Brazil he was saying they can enter the Usa aswell if they have been double vaxxed he is currently planning his "escape" from Bolsonaros plague country 

Edited by doulikefish

3 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Also booked to go to Florida next year so happy at this. Obviously hope it continues for the foreseeable. 

We've had to test our 3 year old 3 times since Wednesday. 2 tests were failures. Thankfully the 3rd was negative. He wasn't actually deemed a close contact but nursery weren't keen to have any kids back without a negative pcr test. Fucking horrible trying to test someone who has no understanding of why or what you are doing. 

Really hope you guys have a lovely time there with the kids, they’ll have a ball. 

48 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Great news for anyone visiting Florida.

C21526C8-A81F-4BE7-984E-FB8D6984F956.png

Some of the elected sheriffs in Florida are mental, not Arpaio mad, but can’t believe the things they get away with. 

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
Some of the elected sheriffs in Florida are mental, not Arpaio mad, but can’t believe the things they get away with. 

This is surely like that episode of the Simpsons where Homer thinks he has won a boat?

ETA He doesnt win it, he shows up to collect his free boat

simpsons.jpg

Edited by Bairnardo