Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Slow down mate.  Doesn’t open again until tomorrow morning.  You wouldn’t want to run out.

No worries pal, I won't run out of tea and coffee. 

I congratulate you by the way, that on a football message board you've at least managed to make around 5% of your posts in the last 6 months or so in threads that concern football. 

That's not bad, considering that 'Elixir' hasn't made a post that wasn't in the coronavirus thread since July, and 'Todd is God' is pretty much the same. Thousands of posts in the last 18 months, all of them in this thread. 

No fanaticism or extremism there then. 

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

This thread is no longer an exchange of views and information. It's all about a dozen people constantly screaming.

I'm an occasional visitor and seldom poster on this thread but you seem to have adopted it as some sort of non-specific cause célèbre.  No idea why.  The people I've seen screaming over the past couple of days are you and your tag-team Bro, @williemillersmoustache.

Don't rail against a thread's existence.  Just make a point or leave it or you end up looking like a fanny.  I speak from experience 😎

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, The_Kincardine said:

I'm an occasional visitor and seldom poster on this thread but you seem to have adopted it as some sort of non-specific cause célèbre.  No idea why.  The people I've seen screaming over the past couple of days are you and your tag-team Bro, @williemillersmoustache.

Don't rail against a thread's existence.  Just make a point or leave it or you end up looking like a fanny.  I speak from experience 😎

I've made my point. 

This thread has moved away...miles away...from being a decent discussion about covid, to become something else. Something that has stepped into a dozen or so regular posters, who post in virtually no other thread, howling constantly at the moon and abusing anyone that dares to differ from their narrow minded, blinkered and increasingly politically motivated biases. 

The thread's existence obviously isn't an issue. It's the nutcases that have overwhelmed it that are. 

13 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

howling constantly at the moon and abusing anyone that dares to differ from their narrow minded, blinkered and increasingly politically motivated biases. 

That's pretty-much every thread I post on, Wee Boaby 😎

Time to be broad-shouldered and rise above it...

7 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I've made my point. 

This thread has moved away...miles away...from being a decent discussion about covid, to become something else. Something that has stepped into a dozen or so regular posters, who post in virtually no other thread, howling constantly at the moon and abusing anyone that dares to differ from their narrow minded, blinkered and increasingly politically motivated biases. 

The thread's existence obviously isn't an issue. It's the nutcases that have overwhelmed it that are. 

The thing you have to realise is, and I'm talking as someone who has posted far too much on here, is that you can post any old shite from the Telegraph, Spectator writers or Politics for All and you'll get greenies, so long as you add a head shot of Colin Montgomerie.

b9rreGI.png

Edited by welshbairn

There was an anti VAX protest in Aberdeen yesterday. Saw it from the pub in castlegate. Can't see it reported anywhere. It wasn't exactly massive but there were more protesters than the protest at RAF Lossiemouth which is the main story in the Evening Express at the moment. 

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/anti-drone-protestors-oppose-protector-flights-from-raf-lossiemouth/

Edit: found a report. https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/3478715/anti-vax-protesters-gather-outside-aberdeen-vaccination-hub-as-covid-cases-in-icu-hit-seven-month-high/

One woman, who held a large sign reading ‘Do not give up your freedom, do not comply’, said she was “not anti anything, just pro-choice”.

All those who approached the centre’s doors either for an appointment or a drop-in vaccination went in regardless

Fucking numpties.

Edited by Suspect Device

I've really enjoyed the last 2 days at Ayr Races despite not being a fan of racing at all (free tickets). Anyway it felt like pre covid times, no masks at all, stewards not enforcing it or even wearing one themselves, dance floor mobbed, queues a mile long for booze, the usual arses smoking next to you and fag reek getting in your face, skanky fckers going to the toilet and not washing their hands or folk not santaising them at every door they pass. People have a good time was so nice to see. Good luck trying to enforce vaccine passports at these kind of events, folk have had the taste for them again and have binned stupid restrictions in favour of having a great day out. The simps would be having kittens at the sights today [emoji23]
You clearly were not at the "inside" bars on Friday where stewards had a 6ft "zone" around each bar with no mask no service being strictly enforced but given you mention smoking I assume you were in the outside areas where such rules were not in operation.

Below clearly supersedes this now.

I was in the grandstand area, so the cheap area. Can honestly say no steward I encountered was forcing mask use. Most of them were sans mask. Maybe club was different 
It most definitely was on Friday. Very surprised as I've been to a good few race tracks now and it was by far the strictest. Don't even start me on the train station !

TBF I did venture into the cheap seats post racing for all of 2 mins to see what entertainment was on (DJ playing god awful 90s dance shite) so left sharply but it did look like a drunken free for all in there by then.

32 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

You clearly were not at the "inside" bars on Friday where stewards had a 6ft "zone" around each bar with no mask no service being strictly enforced but given you mention smoking I assume you were in the outside areas where such rules were not in operation.

Below clearly supersedes this now.

30 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

It most definitely was on Friday. Very surprised as I've been to a good few race tracks now and it was by far the strictest. Don't even start me on the train station !

TBF I did venture into the cheap seats post racing for all of 2 mins to see what entertainment was on (DJ playing god awful 90s dance shite) so left sharply but it did look like a drunken free for all in there by then.

I only went to the bars in the hall yesterday and there was no 6 foot zones then. Punters crammed in at the front. Heard a few folk say outside that they waited over an hour to be served. Utter madness tbh. Yeah the princess suite had the shite disco music both evenings and was heaving when I passed through.

Just shows how 2 people can have such different experiences at the same event. I was pleasantly suprised how lax things were. Half the stewards doing the ticket scanning didnt have masks and most of the ones I saw in outside positions didnt have them either so I find it surprising they were strictly enforcing them in other places there 

10 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

So let's get this right. You've moved on from posting unsubstantiated, fanatical shite, via twitter,  in an echo chamber, to trying desperately to make ridiculous, petty, childish points about independence ?

And yet the post that triggered your complete and utter meltdown the other day was someone putting up statistics that more or less confirmed the prevailance of Long Covid is a massive, massive over exaggeration. 

Nothing was unsubstantiated or fanatical, it came from the most official of sources (The Office of National Statistics) and for whatever reason, someone you clearly have a problem with making the post  completely detached your head from your shoulders.

I only went to the bars in the hall yesterday and there was no 6 foot zones then. Punters crammed in at the front. Heard a few folk say outside that they waited over an hour to be served. Utter madness tbh. Yeah the princess suite had the shite disco music both evenings and was heaving when I passed through.
Just shows how 2 people can have such different experiences at the same event. I was pleasantly suprised how lax things were. Half the stewards doing the ticket scanning didnt have masks and most of the ones I saw in outside positions didnt have them either so I find it surprising they were strictly enforcing them in other places there 
I haven't been on GC day for years for that very reason. Need to bear in mind too that yesterday's crowd was under a 11k capacity restriction too, imagine another 7k on top of what was there yesterday !

32 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I would hardly be surprised by Billy Jean King grossly exaggerating.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The thing you have to realise is, and I'm talking as someone who has posted far too much on here, is that you can post any old shite from the Telegraph, Spectator writers or Politics for All and you'll get greenies, so long as you add a head shot of Colin Montgomerie.

b9rreGI.png

Better not post this then, guys! eMlO2Ay.png

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
46 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I haven't been on GC day for years for that very reason. Need to bear in mind too that yesterday's crowd was under a 11k capacity restriction too, imagine another 7k on top of what was there yesterday !

It said 12k cap on the radio, either way it was a shambles as usual. I've been to 3 Gold Cups now and it's been the same every year, queues for toilets and booze all day. It's a good course/venue for normal race meetings but when it's the national or GC they struggle badly. Yesterday was a free for all in the Grandstand areas. Can only assume the club areas were more dignified 😉

12 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No worries pal, I won't run out of tea and coffee. 

I congratulate you by the way, that on a football message board you've at least managed to make around 5% of your posts in the last 6 months or so in threads that concern football. 

That's not bad, considering that 'Elixir' hasn't made a post that wasn't in the coronavirus thread since July, and 'Todd is God' is pretty much the same. Thousands of posts in the last 18 months, all of them in this thread. 

No fanaticism or extremism there then. 

Spending your Saturday night trawling through individual posting histories because you don’t like someone’s opinion on something isn’t oddball behaviour at all.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

And yet the post that triggered your complete and utter meltdown the other day was someone putting up statistics that more or less confirmed the prevailance of Long Covid is a massive, massive over exaggeration. 

Nothing was unsubstantiated or fanatical, it came from the most official of sources (The Office of National Statistics) and for whatever reason, someone you clearly have a problem with making the post  completely detached your head from your shoulders.

I picked up on the two posters who do nothing aside from posting on this thread, stating unequivocally that 'long covid does not exist' .

Now, I know as much as you, or these two fanatics, or anyone else on this thread, about the prevalence of long covid. But to state firmly that 'it does not exist', is just laughably and obviously wrong. 

I wanted to know what professional qualification these lunatics had to make such a concrete statement. What's you problem with that ?

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Fair play to Bob for having the brass neck to post on this thread again as if everyone else is in the wrong.

See, there's that statement about opinions being 'wrong'. As if there's actually right or wrong in this whole shambles. 

And tbh, you've just summed up the direction this thread has taken. It's the domain of those who look for confirmation bias to back up their opinion, and desperately seek approval of their posts. 

Any conflicting opinion or poster receives a torrent of abuse, because no dissent is permitted. 

And the hilarious thing is, that the echo chamber that this thread has become almost certainly doesn't reflect general public opinion in Scotland. 

Lol. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

Spending your Saturday night trawling through individual posting histories because you don’t like someone’s opinion on something isn’t oddball behaviour at all.

Took me a minute. 

People who come on what is predominantly a football forum and never make a post about football, are for watching.