Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See to be honest, I know the apologists will wait the few days till we fall in line with England then steam in here with the "see see see telt ye!!!!" Patter, but just once id really like it if political posturing took a back seat to the wellbeing of the stakeholders who are standing under the decision being made at the time.

The politicisation of this pandemic must be the most tiring, wearying aspect of it and Scotgov who started off speaki g about how it was critical that we didnt politicise it, have become the most transparent culprits of it.
No announcement at all would have been better than this shambles.

I don't personally have an issue with politicisation but you pick your battles.

This is one they surely can't win.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Yeah... it still doesn't matter if it's 150 out of nearly two million people. If you think that is somehow meant to be a burden on all of society then can I interest you in purchasing some magic beans?

Can you not read as well as not understand facts?

Proclamation from you "(under 30's) don't burden the health system"

My response "150 admitted in the last week, so contributing to the hospitals being incredibly stretched"

Away and raffle yourself with your 'if you think that's a burden on all of society'. Waffle & pish, keep it up mate 🤣

2 minutes ago, s_dog said:

My response "150 admitted in the last week, so contributing to the hospitals being incredibly stretched"

Away and raffle yourself with your 'if you think that's a burden on all of society'. Waffle & pish, keep it up mate 🤣

Burden - def: something oppressive or worrisome

a heavy burden of guilt

was a huge financial burden on his family

You must have some serious long Covid on the brain if you think that 150 people being in hospital over a week fits that description. 

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No announcement at all would have been better than this shambles.

I don't personally have an issue with politicisation but you pick your battles.

This is one they surely can't win.

They’ve already won.  The majority of voters in this country are as complicit as Welshbairn.  SG will be excused for every action.

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They haven't got a new policy ffs, they've said they'll make a decision in a few days. Have you lot gone totally bonkers?

Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today.

😔

12 minutes ago, s_dog said:

I think it would be best if you just take your simping elsewhere if you think 150 people over the course of a week going into hospital is something society should be concerned with.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

They’ve already won.  The majority of voters in this country are as complicit as Welshbairn.  SG will be excused for every action.

I simply don’t believe it will play out like that. They will virtue signal that they support it all, but their actions will say otherwise.

See for example Christina Pagel claiming she would lock herself in the house then announcing she was off hillwalking a few weeks later.

The Welsh government said it would "carefully consider" the announcement by London, but also voiced concern at the changes to the testing regime.

Northern Ireland is yet to announce whether it will be making any changes to travel rules.

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I simply don’t believe it will play out like that. They will virtue signal that they support it all, but their actions will say otherwise.

See for example Christina Pagel claiming she would lock herself in the house then announcing she was off hillwalking a few weeks later.

Actions won’t say otherwise.  They’ll still get voted in for every election in the foreseeable future, hence excused (by complicit I meant the belief the SG could do no wrong.  I realise that wasn’t clear in my post).

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Actions won’t say otherwise.  They’ll still get voted in for every election in the foreseeable future, hence excused (by complicit I meant the belief the SG could do no wrong.  I realise that wasn’t clear in my post).

Shortbread tin image nationalism is a truly brain rotting poison it seems.

The Welsh government said it would "carefully consider" the announcement by London, but also voiced concern at the changes to the testing regime.
Northern Ireland is yet to announce whether it will be making any changes to travel rules.

Neither of those responses are like the one the Scottish Government gave.

I would have preferred the NI response to be quite honest to the half-baked amateur statement the Scottish Government put out.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Welsh Government essentially plays the same politics the Scottish Government does, but at least they had the decency to scrap the farce of wearing masks in hospitality settings.

Norn Iron will do whatever London does for obvious reasons.

The Welsh Government essentially plays the same politics the Scottish Government does, but at least they had the decency to scrap the farce of wearing masks in hospitality settings.
Norn Iron will do whatever London does for obvious reasons.
The Welsh Government seem to have learned from previous errors that rushing in with a politicised decision can bite you on the arse very quickly.

Not surprised they have aired "concerns" but they will end up following the UK government here - any other decision is folly.

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I would have preferred the NI response to be quite honest to the half-baked amateur statement the Scottish Government put out.

Eluned Morgan, Wales' Health Minister, said while a "four-nation collaborative approach" to border rules is "critical" for "effective" arrangements, any decision made here will take into account the potential risk to public health.
In a statement, the Health Minister emphasised that international travel continues to pose a risk, particularly because of the threat of emerging variants of concern. Ms Morgan said the official advice is still to only travel abroad if it is essential.

She continued: "A four-nation collaborative approach is critical to evaluate and implement effective border control arrangements.

"As Wales shares an open border with England, and most travellers arriving in Wales enter through ports outside Wales, it is not effective to have separate border health policy arrangements for Wales."

However Welsh Government are yet to decide whether to implement the same changes to rules on testing as England announced on Friday 17.

The Health Minister explained that "changes are not without risk" as they "weaken the line of defence" against importing cases of the virus.

She said: "We will carefully consider the UK Government’s proposed changes to the border
health measures, which include the removal of pre-departure testing and introducing
lateral flow tests instead of PCR tests on day two of people’s return to the UK. 

"Our considerations will be underpinned by robust evidence and our main focus will continue to be on reducing the risk to public health in Wales. 

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2021-09-17/welsh-government-carefully-consider-changing-international-travel-covid-rules

Edited by welshbairn

And your point is?

They clearly recognise that the shared border makes it impossible to have different arrangements.

"As Wales shares an open border with England, and most travellers arriving in Wales enter through ports outside Wales, it is not effective to have separate border health policy arrangements for Wales."

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Welsh Government seem to have learned from previous errors that rushing in with a politicised decision can bite you on the arse very quickly.

Not surprised they have aired "concerns" but they will end up following the UK government here - any other decision is folly.

Haven’t checked recently but are there even international flights to and from Wales at the moment?  Seem to recall they were all stopped for ages.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

And your point is?

They clearly recognise that the shared birder makes it impossible to have different arrangements.

They said they're going to have a look at the evidence before coming to a decision, as Scotland are and no doubt Northern Ireland too. They were still arguing about it in London this afternoon, I don't get the hysteria about a short delay in the other countries.