Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 06/09/2021 at 15:23, jimbaxters said:

Woman just started at my work who is as scared as they come of the virus. She actually advocates wearing masks from now until the end of time. When I said, I have had the virus and have been fully vaccinated and that we cannot be expected to constantly wear a mask forever, her answer was "But you wearing it protects me!"

I can't believe this is the state we have got into with all this.

Update to the above. Today she came to tell me that a Year 8 girl was miserable with the cold (no temperature issues) and that "that's one of the first symptoms of this new variant". Then later rattled on that hospitalisations inc ICU admissions are rising in the U.K. It's like she's willing it to happen. I hate Covid.

4 hours ago, Elixir said:

Sure you'll have a great time. I'm biting the bullet and keeping my powder dry until next summer where I have several places lined up. Just can't be arsed pissing about with testing or giving money to charlatans. Planning a trip down to London next month, though.

I’m in London regularly with work (well at least it’s resumed this past month or two after a long break) and I’m here this week. Staying near Stansted and the flights all seem to be plentiful and flying very regularly and folk in the hotel using here as an overnight stop before going on holiday, like “the old days”. Heathrow was quieter than usual this Tuesday morning but in the city, it’s busy, rarely a mask in sight, restaurants and bars full of folk enjoying life and there’s always the option, for nervous folk, to wear a mask if they are uncomfortable in busy shops etc.

It’s certainly a contrast to the dour approach at home which has created a culture of fear, nervous paranoia and folk sticking buds up their nose and down their throats anytime they leave the bloody house. I don’t enjoy coming home to have folk staring/ scowling at me for taking off my mask in the Glasgow airport car park with nobody within 50 metres of me in the NCP carpark.

11 minutes ago, deegee said:

It’s certainly a contrast to the dour approach at home which has created a culture of fear, nervous paranoia and folk sticking buds up their nose and down their throats anytime they leave the bloody house. I don’t enjoy coming home to have folk staring/ scowling at me for taking off my mask in the Glasgow airport car park with nobody within 50 metres of me in the NCP carpark.

Except none of that is happening.

One of his mates will be able to sort it out for him, just like his bus pass, ticket for the game and just about everything else you're expected to do online these days. Otherwise he can do it by phone.
Some people have said u are trolling, I wasnt sure. So just checking if this is a serious post?

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, welshbairn said:
One of his mates will be able to sort it out for him, just like his bus pass, ticket for the game and just about everything else you're expected to do online these days. Otherwise he can do it by phone.

Some people have said u are trolling, I wasnt sure. So just checking if this is a serious post?

Yes it is. How would you go about getting a ticket for a Scotland game?

I dont think how I might choose to go about it, or the struggles I might face were I not well versed with internet and QR codes etc should be used to blithely wave through nonsensical policy decisions by my favourite team tbqh. Hence my initial question

Just now, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I dont think how I might choose to go about it, or the struggles I might face were I not well versed with internet and QR codes etc should be used to blithely wave through nonsensical policy decisions by my favourite team tbqh. Hence my initial question

Just for information, getting a covid passport is much easier than getting a Scotland ticket. If he managed to get a ticket, the printed QR sheet would be a doddle.

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I must have imagined the folk glaring at me last week then, when I took off the mask at the exit to the terminal I’m Glasgow, crossed the road to the NCP Car Park 2 and had the audacity to walk through the pay zone and into the covered parking area? I also must have imagined family relatives, who have their heads wrecked with watching too much Nicola on telly, who incessantly do LFT’s in accordance with her guidelines?

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

And yet cases have been falling since 6 September. jose.png

The absolute worst in virtue signalling.

Even those that blindly follow the SNP should be cringing at that.

Overly emphasising just how Scottish he is and stating folk are getting “increasingly nervous and anxious”.

An absolute minter that you’d get told to sit on your arse for in high school debating.

5 minutes ago, deegee said:

I must have imagined the folk glaring at me last week then, when I took off the mask at the exit to the terminal I’m Glasgow, crossed the road to the NCP Car Park 2 and had the audacity to walk through the pay zone and into the covered parking area? I also must have imagined family relatives, who have their heads wrecked with watching too much Nicola on telly, who incessantly do LFT’s in accordance with her guidelines?

Did you check if your zip was undone?

12 minutes ago, deegee said:

Or made it up.

27 minutes ago, deegee said:

I believe you.

I came into Edinburgh this week and much the same experience.

54 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

People absolutely do scowl when somebody else takes their mask off on public transport, in car parks, in shopping centres etc.

Fell asleep on a 90% empty bus back from Edinburgh to wake up to being hissed at off a Lovejoy for not having a mask (left it in the pub)

A decent number of folk are enjoying taking advantage of the opportunity to behave in a superior moral manner to the rest of us.

The test before return represents the biggest risk: you're fucked if you or anyone in your party tests positive. It makes city breaks impractical and kills the mood of any holiday by having to concern yourself with it.
The PCR test on day two is burdensome due to cost, particularly for families, and is another substantial barrier.
Replacing the latter with a lateral flow is simple lip service to the health freaks and Lovejoy's that 'AR BORDERS ARE STILL PROTECTED', but I doubt anyone will bother their arse if it's actually carried out or not.
I won't be at all surprised if next summer there's no travel restrictions anyway, even for the non-vaccinated. Certainly in Europe at least. When the WHO eventually declare the pandemic over, they'll probably start to fall away worldwide when governments realise it's actually pointless and just causes economic harm.
The prior to return test is what ultimately put us off going abroad in October, know a few folk who have been away and they've all said it was hard to fully relax until they had the negative results for coming home. The cost of having to stay there isn't a problem as you can be insured for that, it's more the fear of being stuck in a room for 10 days and the other practicalities of work being pissed off etc.

What a load of fucking fantasy shite LoNg CoViD is. iZT8ghc.png

Mind folk claiming 'wIdEsPrEaD oRgAn DaMaGe' early on in the pandemic just for mild cases as well? iZT8ghc.png

Edited by Elixir

43 minutes ago, Elixir said:

What a load of fucking fantasy shite LoNg CoViD is. iZT8ghc.png

Mind folk claiming 'wIdEsPrEaD oRgAn DaMaGe' early on in the pandemic just for mild cases as well? iZT8ghc.png

Going to be some laugh looking back at the long term cost and damage associated with taking action to prevent something that doesn't actually exist.

Edited by Todd_is_God