Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Always good to laugh at the ugly sisters fans getting shat on but the rest of UK vaccine proofs not being accepted in Scotland is derisory. Had my AZ in London as worked here for years, have tickets to Scotland Israel but under current plans can't go? Awful. 

It's just a QR code. Get a screenshot from someone jagged up here.

20 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Always good to laugh at the ugly sisters fans getting shat on but the rest of UK vaccine proofs not being accepted in Scotland is derisory. Had my AZ in London as worked here for years, have tickets to Scotland Israel but under current plans can't go? Awful. 

Doubt you'll have a problem, Scotgov spokesman:

The statement said:"The Scottish certification scheme will accept proof of vaccination from other countries for entry to events etc - including UK.

"We are working with other UK jurisdictions to ensure interoperability across the UK as well as considering how evidence of vaccination for people from outwith the UK can be verified."

20 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Or you could just download the one you need for travel on the nhs website in England and show that which will be accepted

For the record I'm not in favour of a covid "passport" for use in getting to pubs etc .However I've seen them in use now and it's no hassle apart from downloading/ getting a print off but some of the "I'm travelling to Scotland I'll not get in anywhere" are pretty stupid now when the downloadable qr codes on all the home nations/ Europe websites will all be accepted 

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

🤣

They can't even setup a phone helpline properly and you think there won't be any problems dealing with cross-border vaccination records? That is just beautifully naive. 🤣

A helpline that everyone else but you managed to negotiate, it would seem. They haven't updated it yet for something that won't take effect till next month.

Edited by welshbairn

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

No figures today. Must be scrambling to find a way to justify continuing with the passport nonsense amid crashing figures.

Or a genuine technical issue as has happened before, one or the other.

Edited by craigkillie

5 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

There's this and theres' also having to abide by whatever mask, distancing and local curfew requirements that are in place at your destination.  it's not a holiday if you need to wear a mask outdoors at all times or have to pre book slots at anywhere you want to eat or drink 

While I'd be giving places like this a wide berth - I don't think there's anywhere in Europe still with outdoor mask mandates or curfews, etc. That said, if I was going abroad anywhere just now it would be Copenhagen/Stockholm/cities in Eastern Europe.

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

pRoTeCt tHe nHs

I think this proves we have to lockdown NOW!!!11

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I'm off to Spain on Monday for a few days, however the antigen test is only 24 Euros and the Andalucian Gov, in conjunction with the Hotel group that I'm staying, are covering all covid related issues with free insurance which entitles you to 10 days free, including all meals / drinks and repatriation once quarantine complete.

The £68 PCR is a bit of a bugger but will be worth it just to get away !!

Sure you'll have a great time. I'm biting the bullet and keeping my powder dry until next summer where I have several places lined up. Just can't be arsed pissing about with testing or giving money to charlatans. Planning a trip down to London next month, though.

Edited by Elixir

Exactly my thoughts, I like the Nautilus usually but was a bit pricey so have ended up in the Triton just up from the marina but still good. 
Note to self: Keep away from 24hr square, you are far too old for it now and no good always comes from it !!!
Ditto made that decision many years ago. Carihuela, Marina or Pueblo these days. Enjoy.

Sure you'll have a great time. I'm biting the bullet and keeping my powder dry until next summer where I have several places lined up. Just can't be arsed pissing about with testing or giving money to charlatans. Planning a trip down to London next month, though.
Off the top of my head parts of Spain (Canaries still in alert levels 3 and 4) and Portugal still have a fair bit of restrictions including curfews and earlier than normal closing. Still restrictions on entertainment too.

Both the wife and I did our (first ever) lateral flow tests today. Both negative. Not an experience I'm keen to repeat. 

The wife says she might do it twice a week. My suggestion that by the end of the pack of 7 she'll be used to something hard touching her tonsils was not well received.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Off the top of my head parts of Spain (Canaries still in alert levels 3 and 4) and Portugal still have a fair bit of restrictions including curfews and earlier than normal closing. Still restrictions on entertainment too.

Expecting Portugal to announce an end to most restrictions (2am closing at the moment) any day. Still making it difficult for even double vaxxed Brits though, won't accept our proof, hopefully that will be dropped as well soon.

Edited by welshbairn

39 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Doubt you'll have a problem, Scotgov spokesman:

Cheers Welsh. Saw some quote or paraphrase on twitter that said they “won’t accept” rest of uk proof. May have been false. 

36 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Or you could just download the one you need for travel on the nhs website in England and show that which will be accepted

For the record I'm not in favour of a covid "passport" for use in getting to pubs etc .However I've seen them in use now and it's no hassle apart from downloading/ getting a print off but some of the "I'm travelling to Scotland I'll not get in anywhere" are pretty stupid now when the downloadable qr codes on all the home nations/ Europe websites will all be accepted 

I have the “NHS app” which is fine for down here in England, eg used it to prove vax status to get into the open, Wimbledon etc this summer. Was hoping common sense would prevail and that would be accepted in Scotland (given its exactly the same fecking vaccines) but also wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t prevail. 

The test before return represents the biggest risk: you're fucked if you or anyone in your party tests positive. It makes city breaks impractical and kills the mood of any holiday by having to concern yourself with it.
The PCR test on day two is burdensome due to cost, particularly for families, and is another substantial barrier.
Replacing the latter with a lateral flow is simple lip service to the health freaks and Lovejoy's that 'AR BORDERS ARE STILL PROTECTED', but I doubt anyone will bother their arse if it's actually carried out or not.
I won't be at all surprised if next summer there's no travel restrictions anyway, even for the non-vaccinated. Certainly in Europe at least. When the WHO eventually declare the pandemic over, they'll probably start to fall away worldwide when governments realise it's actually pointless and just causes economic harm.
Correct about the return to UK test - it is definitely the biggest reason why people are not booking.

I'm delighted if it is true because it means I can completely relax on my holiday in Kos in October without worrying about a positive test abroad.

In the regional units of Kavala, Imathia, Pieria and Pella, all in northern Greece, authorities have imposed a curfew from 1 to 6 a.m., and a 24-hour ban on music at all entertainment venues, including bars and cafes.

https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1167938/four-regions-heading-for-mini-lockdown-as-covid-surges/

43 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Ps these vax passports are all fine and well for a youngster like me. Absolutely fucked if you’re a typical 70 year old + man who wants to go to a Scotland game with his mates tho. 

One of his mates will be able to sort it out for him, just like his bus pass, ticket for the game and just about everything else you're expected to do online these days. Otherwise he can do it by phone.