Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Is it not just the letter that's required as opposed to this new thing with the QR code ?

Honestly not that sure mate. Going to visit parents who have had a few visitors from these parts the last month or so so checking with them tonight. Thought I'd have everything ready so I don't have to download/request something last minute

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Is it not just the letter that's required as opposed to this new thing with the QR code ?

You might as well download the new version just in case, if you're already on the system it literally takes seconds.

26 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yep, it was the test before return which gave us the heeby jeebys. We decided that if either one of us were positive we would both stay. It certainly put a blight on that day waiting for the result, albeit only took about 30 minutes. The PCR on return didn’t cause any concern because we were both back in the UK.

Initially I was supposed to be going to Catalonia, however as they did not provide the insurance that's why I moved it to Andalucia.

As you say, it's a big risk to take if you're not covered and worrying about the implications of a positive test could most certainly ruin your holiday.

Apart from the covid cover, I've made sure that I booked a nice seafront hotel with a large balcony and will be taking my laptop so that if the worst comes to the worst it's just an extended holiday working from the Hotel Balcony for 10 days !!

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
Under these vaccine rules fans from Northern Ireland cannot attend Ibrox or Parkhead, grounds will be significantly emptier. Im now in favour of the passports. 

It also implies this is going to be a tech system to gain entry as opposed to a quick flash of your vaccine status to a steward at a turnstile or cordon. If the later were the case, the issuer of the vaccine status would be a complete irrelevance. An English or NI issued certificate would be as easy to check as a Scottish one. I suppose the release in QR format was a nod to that but you just need to read the thread on the Prem forum to see many anticipate it being a guy glancing at a screen which now seems unlikely.

I cant lie i was just taking a pop at how old firm fans are all a bunch of gloryhunters who dont support their local teams.  But yes i agree with you. It would be nice to see the Londonderry Celtic Supporters Club and the Dublin Rangers Loyal supporters clubs frozen out of their respective shiteholes for a few home games just for the sheer getitrightupye factor. 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I cant lie i was just taking a pop at how old firm fans are all a bunch of gloryhunters who dont support their local teams.  But yes i agree with you. It would be nice to see the Londonderry Celtic Supporters Club and the Dublin Rangers Loyal supporters clubs frozen out of their respective shiteholes for a few home games just for the sheer getitrightupye factor. 

I'm sure that would be just Derry.

I remember when I was young and naive I used to have lots of dealings with Solicitors firms over in NI and actually used to think that "Derry" and "Londonderry" were two completely different places. 

One of them actually had to explain to me about the Catholic / Protestant thing which at the time I just found totally ridiculous and 25 years later, little has changed in that regard !!!

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Apart from the covid cover, I've made sure that I booked a nice seafront hotel with a large balcony and will be taking my laptop so that if the worst comes to the worst it's just an extended holiday working from the Hotel Balcony for 10 days !!

^^

Creating a permanent establishment IMO. 

22 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm sure that would be just Derry.

I remember when I was young and naive I used to have lots of dealings with Solicitors firms over in NI and actually used to think that "Derry" and "Londonderry" were two completely different places. 

One of them actually had to explain to me about the Catholic / Protestant thing which at the time I just found totally ridiculous and 25 years later, little has changed in that regard !!!

Jimmy Fallon I Had No Idea GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

21 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Initially I was supposed to be going to Catalonia, however as they did not provide the insurance that's why I moved it to Andalucia.

As you say, it's a big risk to take if you're not covered and worrying about the implications of a positive test could most certainly ruin your holiday.

Do you get to stay in the same hotel if you have to go into quarantine? Read about special quarantine hotels in Mallorca a bit like over here, Andalucía could be different though. 

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you get to stay in the same hotel if you have to go into quarantine? Read about special quarantine hotels in Mallorca a bit like over here, Andalucía could be different though. 

According to the Hotel website it appears that you're expected to stay in the allocated room that you were already in for the 10 days quarantine, however it could be different elsewhere. 

Hopefully I don't get to find out !!

I had a quick look at the Torremolinos / Benalmadena rates last night and they're currently at 89 per 100,000 and on a downward curve, so basically I'm 10 times more likely to catch it at home in North Ayrshire than I am over there, not to mention that it's 27 degrees so will also be spending most time outside.

It just seems like a no brainer to me.

According to the Hotel website it appears that you're expected to stay in the allocated room that you were already in for the 10 days quarantine, however it could be different elsewhere. 
I had a quick look at the Torremolinos / Benalmadena rates last night and they're currently at 89 per 100,000 and on a downward curve, so basically I'm 10 times more likely to catch it at home in North Ayrshire than I am over there, not to mention that it's 27 degrees so will also be spending most time outside.
Coffee with brandy mid morning on La Carihuela sure beats working any day of the year

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Coffee with brandy mid morning on La Carihuela sure beats working any day of the year

Exactly my thoughts, I like the Nautilus usually but was a bit pricey so have ended up in the Triton just up from the marina but still good. 

Note to self: Keep away from 24hr square, you are far too old for it now and no good always comes from it !!!

Another absolute disaster for Deepti Gurdasani, fake Sage and their doomsday tales.

200k cases a day by the end of May and now 1 in 7 kids get long covid in the bin. And yet they'll still be given an airing on Channel 4. 

I imagine their last straw to clutch will be that under 12s won't get vaccinated. 

Apparently the Jag passports in certain countries may only be applicable in certain Cities etc.

Fascinating stuff on the continent.

This example from Belgium where they call it the Covid safe ticket.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/brussels/185331/vandenbroucke-welcomes-brussels-push-for-covid-safe-ticket/

31 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Another absolute disaster for Deepti Gurdasani, fake Sage and their doomsday tales.

200k cases a day by the end of May and now 1 in 7 kids get long covid in the bin. And yet they'll still be given an airing on Channel 4. 

I imagine their last straw to clutch will be that under 12s won't get vaccinated. 

Let me guess - she's on twitter calling it a flawed study. 

13 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Apparently the Jag passports in certain countries may only be applicable in certain Cities etc.

Fascinating stuff on the continent.

This example from Belgium where they call it the Covid safe ticket.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/brussels/185331/vandenbroucke-welcomes-brussels-push-for-covid-safe-ticket/

I'm guessing that's because there is no chance people in small towns and villages in Belgium complying.

Always good to laugh at the ugly sisters fans getting shat on but the rest of UK vaccine proofs not being accepted in Scotland is derisory. Had my AZ in London as worked here for years, have tickets to Scotland Israel but under current plans can't go? Awful. 

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Always good to laugh at the ugly sisters fans getting shat on but the rest of UK vaccine proofs not being accepted in Scotland is derisory. Had my AZ in London as worked here for years, have tickets to Scotland Israel but under current plans can't go? Awful. 

Surely this would come under some kind of discrimination law...