Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Yes because no one in the entire country was fully vaccinated in January and almost no one in February when the vast majority of the deaths occurred. 

The relevant data is the current delta wave and the figure is 69% vaccinated. 

Can you please point me to the source of this information please? 

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

I don't think that is true. 

Vaccine effiency currently seems to be around 70% so the 80 year old is still in far more danger than the 50 year old. 

It is true. Whitty yesterday showed a slide which showed the risk of a double vaccinated 70 year old was the same as an unvaccinated 30 year old.

An unvaccinated 50 year old is at greater risk than a vaccinated 80 year old.

You really should put the conspiracy theory book down for a half hour or so and have a wee watch.

Edited by Todd_is_God

34 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The table with the death totals of vaccinated and unvaccinated. 

20210915_163644.jpg

Two things here, I see the definition of with Covid has been extended to 60 days and there is still at least 3x the deaths in unvaccinated as vaccinated when taking into account the number vaccinated instead of absolute numbers.

Definitely misleading with the way you presented this.

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's essential for you, it's not essential for everyone and there's no reason it should be.

11 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This thread yet again showing some pretty disgraceful I’m alright Jack attitudes like it’s done throughout. Poor stuff.

Nah, I take it back. Was in a shitty mood earlier, bored as f**k being stuck in the house but that's no excuse for behaving like a c**t. Apologies.

Edited by Gaz

The table with the death totals of vaccinated and unvaccinated. 
20210915_163644.thumb.jpg.c4cd8f806841638834a43f8df7082431.jpg
There is still one huge flaw in those stats, they don't say how many deaths were actually caused by Covid, rather than someone who died because of something else but tested positive within the last 60 days.

E.g., we had a lot of positive tests at Petershill last month, everybody thankfully that had symptoms has now recovered. If one of them dropped dead tomorrow they would still be counted among the Covid death stats.