Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

another week or so and we'd be expecting hospital numbers to start dropping.

When that happens I wonder how they will spin the need for passports.

They just seem like a waste of time and resources, and will introduce complexity and a barrier which serves absolutely no purpose.

Daily Summary for @oaksoft : Note a very good day in Hospital land !!

Deaths 30 (21 day before),  ICU cases 91 up from 89  (8 new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid  1064 up to 1079 (294 new admissions).  

I did not think Vaccine numbers could get lower but they did. Less than 5000 in total !!!

Daily Cases Update: 5 days of falls now today nearly 4%.  Tomorrow another 5+% expected.

Still on top of the world at 677.6 per 100K.  Mongolia 2nd 618.5    

In Europe apart from a trip to Belgrade it looks pretty difficult to catch the virus. 

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines   2,121 to 1,943 ,  2nd vaccines   3,337 to 3,046

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 6th September to 12th September  were  38,542 to 37,033 down 3.92%, Positivity was 11.4% now 11.2%.  Cases per 100K were  705.1 now 677.6

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average  373.7 to 360.0 down 3.67%, England  321.4 to 308.3 down 4.08%, Wales 519.7 to 508.5 down 2.16%, Northern Ireland  578.5 to 578.1 down 0.07%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 482.9 (weekly change up 62%),   Switzerland 201.7 (weekly change -7%), Ireland  185.7 (Weekly change -11%), Austria 157.9 (weekly change up 35%), Croatia 155.3 (weekly change up 34%),   Bulgaria 153.7 (weekly change up 18%), Norway 151.8 (weekly change -17%),  These are the only countries over 150 cases per 100K   

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1),. Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Dunbartonshire   1149.0 to 1112.7

East Renfrewshire   995.2 to 968.1 

Inverclyde  938.2 to 901.9

North Lanarkshire   939.8 to 885.9  

Renfrewshire   884.7 to 844.5

North Ayrshire    826.1 to 803.7 

Midlothian  820.2 to 777.2

Dundee City  805.0 to 770.7

Glasgow City 826.7 to 770.4  

South Lanarkshire   807.9 to 759.6

East Dunbartonshire   787.1 to 758.6  

East Ayrshire   784.5 to 755.8 

West Lothian 795.3 to 755.1 

Fife   771.4 to 752.1

Clackmannanshire  787.7 to 719.4

BELOW AVERAGE

Falkirk    711.3 to 670.2 

South Ayrshire    652.8 to 665.2 

Stirling   664.3 to 662.2

Aberdeenshire  616.6 to 614.7 

City Of Edinburgh  611.4 to 594.4 

Argyll & Bute   577.1 to 552.5  

Aberdeen City   522.1 to 522.1

East Lothian    494.0 to 489.3   

Highlands   505.5 to 479.5

Dumfries & Galloway  478.1 to 468.0

Angus   471.4 to 450.7   

Scottish  Borders   445.2 to 440.0

Perth & Kinross      389.0 to 398.3

Shetland Islands  279.8 to 275.5

Moray    264.3 to 249.7

Orkney Islands   250.0 to 245.5

Western Isles   128.3 to 128.3

Edited by superbigal

I can’t work out if @oaksoftis just at it, or if he is having a unique issue with the helpline.

I can’t believe that he would just make something up in order to make a point on an internet thread, so he must be having an issue.  If he is, it would be worth escalating it to prevent others from suffering the same way.

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I've very reluctantly downloaded my vaccine information as a PDF. Fucking joke that it's come to this.

I've been flashing my pdf about in a few places as some others have overseas to get in for a meal and a drink.

Newbornbairn says they are really strict for it in France ( no surprise) 

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Jolly bad luck not being able to access vaccine certification, in contrast to the vast, overwhelming majority of experiences shared on here and elsewhere and being a zoomer who reflexively rails against any covid measures at all and particularly those introduced by that bad bad Nicola who i really don't like, isn't it?

BTW I got mine a week before launch by calling the number and then retrieving my username while outside a very noisy pub in Ireland. Where they somehow manage to successfully operate a very similar scheme without any of these fucking infantile hysterics.

Hope this helps.

Oaksoft and I have had run-ins in the past. He was the last person on here to directly insult me here - he called me "fucking arrogant". If I were not so awesome in every way I might have taken offence. But what you have here isn't him. He's not against "any covid measures at all" - he's no anti vaxxer. He isn't with the ranks of Piers Corbyn and his crowd. 

He had a problem with a system that is now resolved. It is crazy to think that the new system that has been hastily set up will have no bugs and flaws, and leave quite a few people struggling to use it whilst others can breeze on in and use it without issue. Hell, switch out this system for Scottish Power customer services and this could be me. 

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

I can’t work out if @oaksoftis just at it, or if he is having a unique issue with the helpline.

I can’t believe that he would just make something up in order to make a point on an internet thread, so he must be having an issue.  If he is, it would be worth escalating it to prevent others from suffering the same way.

I just gave the number a ring to see if I could figure out what he was on about, and before they go into the options there's a brief bit about the information available on the website to put off the timewasters. I can only imagine he didn't bother listening any further as he didn't really want a certificate anyway.

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Oaksoft and I have had run-ins in the past. He was the last person on here to directly insult me here - he called me "fucking arrogant". If I were not so awesome in every way I might have taken offence. But what you have here isn't him. He's not against "any covid measures at all" - he's no anti vaxxer. He isn't with the ranks of Piers Corbyn and his crowd. 

He had a problem with a system that is now resolved. It is crazy to think that the new system that has been hastily set up will have no bugs and flaws, and leave quite a few people struggling to use it whilst others can breeze on in and use it without issue. Hell, switch out this system for Scottish Power customer services and this could be me. 

Happy to qualify "except for vaccinations." 

• 4,917 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 57,383 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 9.2% of these were positive
  • 30 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 91 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 1,079 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 4,146,847 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,791,597 have received their second dose
30 deaths is never good to see but given we were getting 90 a day back in january with about 1/3rd of the cases it all points to the vaccines oing their job

cases seem to be on a downward trend now at least

It seems like the big jumps in hospital numbers have also stopped. Hopefully on the way down soon as well.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I just gave the number a ring to see if I could figure out what he was on about, and before they go into the options there's a brief bit about the information available on the website to put off the timewasters. I can only imagine he didn't bother listening any further as he didn't really want a certificate anyway.

If you go further through, it gives you three options: 1) Are you going on holiday within fourteen days. 2) Something about working for health and social care and isolating 3)Neither of those things. The third option redirects you back to the website and hangs up, which it obviously shouldn’t. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If you go further through, it gives you three options: 1) Are you going on holiday within fourteen days. 2) Something about working for health and social care and isolating 3)Neither of those things. The third option redirects you back to the website and hangs up, which it obviously shouldn’t. 

Yeah, it needs updating, but I can't remember the last time I was given an option that fitted what I was after instead of having to choose one at random with government or company phonelines.

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average  373.7 to 360.0 down 3.67%, England  321.4 to 308.3 down 4.08%, Wales 519.7 to 508.5 down 2.16%, Northern Ireland  578.5 to 578.1 down 0.07%

201 deaths today.  Scotland 30, Wales 10, Northern Ireland 10, England 151

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

70% of Covid deaths between August 9th and September 5th in England were fully vaccinated. 25% Unvaccinated. 5% partial.

The media have obviously been told to push the 99% of deaths (between 1/1/21 and 2/7/21) were unvaccinated stat though. 

If you had seen the slides yesterday you would know that vaccinated deaths were skewed heavily towards the 80+ age group. 

There have been a miniscule number of deaths in fully vaccinated people under the age of 60.

As with the flu vaccines, people, particularly older people, still die.

The slides yesterday highlighted just how well the vaccines help prevent serious illness and deaths - they are incredibly good.

Edited by Todd_is_God

70% of Covid deaths between August 9th and September 5th in England were fully vaccinated. 25% Unvaccinated. 5% partial.
The media have obviously been told to push the 99% of deaths (between 1/1/21 and 2/7/21) were unvaccinated stat though. 

Seriously?

More people are vaccinated than not so are clearly going to make up the majority of deaths.

What's abundantly clear is that with no vaccines there would be far more deaths.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

Seriously?

More people are vaccinated than not so are clearly going to make up the majority of deaths.

What's abundantly clear is that with no vaccines there would be far more deaths.

I was just giving the figures because a lot of people seem confused by the misleading 99.5% figure being pushed by the media.

It gives a more realistic position of what to expect this winter.