Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, philpy said:

Two people at work away home, as  someone in their households have tested positive.  Still awaiting the PCR results of course,  but the place will have to shut down if any of my colleagues come back as positive. 

Long weekend 👍

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Exactly. I'm on the internet but it's still in black and white. I'll upgrade soon, when my rental agreement is due.

What time does Radio Rentals shut given it might be half day closing Wednesday ?

I binned Radio Rentals when they took over DER.

I've bought myself a braw wee 18# telly fae Stepeks.  Links up well to the Betamax.

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

Lads - there is not a soul in the country who doesn't have the internet, yet wants to go to nightclubs and gigs at the Hydro

Its not just gigs at the Hydro though. My mum and her cousin go to Strictly Come Dancing there. Plenty of things for the older generation at the Hydro where you can roll up to the box office at the SEC or phone them to book tickets 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Its not just gigs at the Hydro though. My mum and her cousin go to Strictly Come Dancing there. Plenty of things for the older generation at the Hydro where you can roll up to the box office at the SEC or phone them to book tickets 

Maybe so - but I still am certain that 100% of attendees at Strictly Come Dancing have access to the internet. They'd have bought their tickets on it in the first place

29 minutes ago, philpy said:

Two people at work away home, as  someone in their households have tested positive.  Still awaiting the PCR results of course,  but the place will have to shut down if any of my colleagues come back as positive. 

They've done well to beat you out the door.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Which will direct him back to the website telling him to access his information by logging in.

Honestly are you on the windup here? 🤣

Multiple people on here have said they had no problem accessing help on the phoneline, it must be your unique charm holding you back. 

24 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Maybe so - but I still am certain that 100% of attendees at Strictly Come Dancing have access to the internet. They'd have bought their tickets on it in the first place

Ehm did you not read the last line of what I said. There is a box office and phone line for tickets. Or there was pre covid 

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Ah well there you go then.

If some people can access it then all people must be able to access it.

I hope you're not employed in a job which is important to the safety of other people bud. 🤣

No idea why you were phoning them up when you don't want a passport anyway. It's almost as if you were trying to get it not to work.

39 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Despite what Oaksoft is saying she can do the same for her vaccine certificate. The phoning them up bit I mean. Or you can order it on her behalf online as I did for my Mother. 

Edited by welshbairn

Jolly bad luck not being able to access vaccine certification, in contrast to the vast, overwhelming majority of experiences shared on here and elsewhere and being a zoomer who reflexively rails against any covid measures at all and particularly those introduced by that bad bad Nicola who i really don't like, isn't it?

BTW I got mine a week before launch by calling the number and then retrieving my username while outside a very noisy pub in Ireland. Where they somehow manage to successfully operate a very similar scheme without any of these fucking infantile hysterics.

Hope this helps.

I registered!

Slight niggle is that it claims I've only had one appointment and that I'm due another on the 29th of this month (news to me), despite me having two already.  Fairly sure that my second dose wasn't a dream*, and no, I didn't get it from some random guy in the street.  FML.

*well, 99.9% sure

Edited by Hedgecutter

I just phoned the number, and they were actually very helpful. 

However, you do need to lie and say that you are going on holiday in the next fourteen days or you will be cut off. Given the amount of older people who may be phoning they should really have updated the phone information by now. 

4,917 new cases of COVID-19 reported  (3375 yesterday, 5810 one week ago)

57,383 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

9.2% of these were positive (11.4% yesterday, 10.8% one week ago)

30 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (21 yesterday, 17 one week ago)

91 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (89 yesterday, 82 one week ago)

1,079 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (1064 yesterday, 883 one week ago)

4,146,847 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,791,597 have received their second dose

• 4,917 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 57,383 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 9.2% of these were positive
  • 30 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 91 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 1,079 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 4,146,847 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,791,597 have received their second dose

30 deaths is never good to see but given we were getting 90 a day back in january with about 1/3rd of the cases it all points to the vaccines oing their job

cases seem to be on a downward trend now at least

3 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

cases seem to be on a downward trend now at least

On a "by specimen date" basis, they have been consistently falling since last Monday.

This is obviously good news, but makes an absolute mockery of the vaccine passport stuff.