Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Click the bit that says register, you will need your letter you received for your vaccine appointment as that has your username on it.

Funnily enough I was trying to get access to the website to download my vaccine status but had no letter. I was eligible for the vaccine back in January because of work and all I was told was to phone to book the vaccine so had no letter or username. When clicking on option to recover username it wanted dates of the 1st and 2nd vaccine which I stupidely made no note of and naturally couldn't remember the specific dates. Phoned the helpline and was told there was nothing that could be done only for the wivey on the other end of the phone to give out a huge sigh and eventually give me my username along with dates of my 1st and 2nd vaccine. Whether she should have done that I don't know but hey ho, finally got onto the site and have my vaccine information. 

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

For the 19th fecking time, the phone number directs you to the website.....ach I give up. 🤣

I'd be better off talking to a tin of beans.

You win.

Out of interest, did you phone between 10am and 6pm when the help line is manned? I had trouble when I first applied because of a dates mix up and a nice lady sorted me out no problem. 

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Funnily enough I was trying to get access to the website to download my vaccine status but had no letter. I was eligible for the vaccine back in January because of work and all I was told was to phone to book the vaccine so had no letter or username. When clicking on option to recover username it wanted dates of the 1st and 2nd vaccine which I stupidely made no note of and naturally couldn't remember the specific dates. Phoned the helpline and was told there was nothing that could be done only for the wivey on the other end of the phone to give out a huge sigh and eventually give me my username along with dates of my 1st and 2nd vaccine. Whether she should have done that I don't know but hey ho, finally got onto the site and have my vaccine information. 

I had a similar thing, turned out that they had the wrong date on their system, likely the date when my GP uploaded it rather than when he jagged me. The date is part of the security check to show you are who you say you are, but she figured out what had happened and sorted me out.

I had to phone the helpline on 0800 030 8013 to get my name changed (from the shortened version to the name on my passport) and it was pretty simple. She asked if I wanted the new version posted out but I was already logged in to the website as well so just requested it there.

As with everything, where there's a will there's a way but of course it is still putting an unnecessary barrier to attending a football match when we need all the support we can get. Even old duffers who will sit in the main stand with their tartan rugs moaning about it not being as good as the old days.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

It's essential for you, it's not essential for everyone and there's no reason it should be.

Tbf, in my experience, you'll struggle to get a pensioner to part with an iPad once they've been introduced to it. 

"ach, I wouldn't know where to start with one of those things" quickly turns into 10 hours of screen time every day.

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You have to wonder how this apocryphal old b*****d copes with the concept of showing his ticket. 

Best keep your wits about you or you'll blow the whole caper wide open.

Good+luck+_dbc32fc58a64d29001fc54a80f238927 (1).gif

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

The Internet has been pretty much an essential for 20+ years.

Not much sympathy for old c***s who have stubbornly ignored it since the late nineties and are now complaining they don’t know how to use it.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Lads - there is not a soul in the country who doesn't have the internet, yet wants to go to nightclubs and gigs at the Hydro

This thread yet again showing some pretty disgraceful I’m alright Jack attitudes like it’s done throughout. Poor stuff.

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

"Date of first or second vaccination (This field is mandatory)"

Ah.  The date that was written on the letter?

4aecf0f0b66e84462d3ba5639041fe8e.gif.2a0c7ab7aaf4ba8eddbbf1ae1b624f8a.gif

Should be on your medical records with your GP if you don't remember. If not you'll have to use the helpline.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

I was thinking I'd read it wrong and they meant 7k in hospitals but it's already over that just now.

Seems to be utter bullshit if the vaccines are doing their job.

Immaterial of whether its poor modelling or whatever, it is utter bullshit. Sensationalist crap to grab a headline and it just makes people think it's all a load of rubbish.

The UK has never admitted over 5,000 patients in a day in the entire pandemic, so it's hardly likely to happen now that we've at least got vaccines to lessen the risk.

Edited by s_dog

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

The website doesn’t work for me, and says I don’t exist. I’m assuming it is because I got mine through work - though you would think given there will be thousands in the same situation, a solution that didn’t involve everyone having to phone would be better!

I got mine via work and got mine ok. Apart from having to use the 'forgot username' as I never had a vaccination letter, once I got that, I was able to register with no problems. 

Tbf, in my experience, you'll struggle to get a pensioner to part with an iPad once they've been introduced to it. 
"ach, I wouldn't know where to start with one of those things" quickly turns into 10 hours of screen time every day.

That’s like my in-laws, both in their 80’s with two iPads. Glued to them for hours, they think they’re the best things ever invented. The old boy even has a smartphone when out and about. He sets up Google Duo video conferences with the family. He bought a Philips smart tv through Amazon and got Netflix etc set up on it. My maw on the other hand picks up the tv remote to answer when the phone rings.

10 minutes ago, s_dog said:

I got mine via work and got mine ok. Apart from having to use the 'forgot username' as I never had a vaccination letter, once I got that, I was able to register with no problems. 

Strange - even using that and putting in vaccine dates - I still don’t exist!

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

It's ironic that the number to phone if you don't have access to the Internet...is published on the Internet.   Is it advertised anywhere else?

Perhaps I was just lucky to have a good nurse doing my second vaccine but she sat and explained the different ways I could get my vaccine certificate before I left the centre. But even if she didn't and I had no idea what number to phone, I'd probably just phone my GP and find out that way. 

26 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This thread yet again showing some pretty disgraceful I’m alright Jack attitudes like it’s done throughout. Poor stuff.

On other matters I would agree but not with this internet stuff. There are ways to get it without the internet and I'm afraid old c***s who have ignored the internet will just need to deal with any difficulties doing it the other way. Nobody complains that the only way you can pay your vehicle tax without the internet is going down to the post office yourself and sending it. Plenty of old folk manage this without bother. You don't even need to leave your house to get this vaccine cert. 

Do agree it would be much better if they just sacked this vaccine passport stuff though. I don't see what it helps, but the act of getting one isn't difficult no matter your age. 

Two people at work away home, as  someone in their households have tested positive.  Still awaiting the PCR results of course,  but the place will have to shut down if any of my colleagues come back as positive.