Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Elixir said:

The Scottish Government humiliating themselves and the country. Not for the first time during this pandemic.

Settle down you fucking idiot. 😆😆

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Gave up trying to gain access to that site. Life's too short and I suspect that they'll be ditched before they even get going.
Thankfully I won't need the passport anyway right now as I'm not planning to go to any nightclubs or large football grounds but honestly, to err is to be human but to seriously f**k up something utterly simple like a vaccine passport website which won't allow you access and to provide a helpine for that website which tells you to use the website, requires a government to get involved. [emoji1787]
Worked perfectly for me, I assume it's user error here.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Poor Deepti Gurdasani seems to be on the verge of a complete breakdown over all of this.

She's now comparing the covid situation to Black Lives Matter.

Then she goes into a rant about other scientists "misrepresenting" science after 18 months of her doing the same.

And the she flings out nonsense like this.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Gave up trying to gain access to that site. Life's too short and I suspect that they'll be ditched before they even get going.
Thankfully I won't need the passport anyway right now as I'm not planning to go to any nightclubs or large football grounds but honestly, to err is to be human but to seriously f**k up something utterly simple like a vaccine passport website which won't allow you access and to provide a helpine for that website which tells you to use the website, requires a government to get involved. emoji1787.png

Worked perfectly for me, I assume it's user error here.

33 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

You must be a total diddy to not be able to register for your vaccine details

What if you are a total diddy though. You are an old guy who reads the paper and never goes on the internet. You don't even have a computer.

You are vaccinated and want to go to the football, you see some pals there and it is some of the limited social contact you have during the pandemic.

But now you can't go. You can't see your pals because you don't know how to get your vaccine passport.

I guess f**k that old guy because IT WORKS FOR ME.

8 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

And the she flings out nonsense like this.

It's a certainty that the numbers of children and adults with Long Covid line up pretty close to the expected numbers for ME, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fybromalygia.

How does a 10 year old or their doctor decide if they are suffering from Long Covid or ME?

What if you are a total diddy though. You are an old guy who reads the paper and never goes on the internet. You don't even have a computer.
You are vaccinated and want to go to the football, you see some pals there and it is some of the limited social contact you have during the pandemic.
But now you can't go. You can't see your pals because you don't know how to get your vaccine passport.
Does this hypothetical diddy post on p&b as well?

That's not how I I pictured Oaky to be honest but you must know him better than me.

8 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He phones them up instead and they post him out a paper copy? If his pals have managed it, I'm sure they'd give him a hand.

I think the passport idea is pointless, but it's not exactly hard to get the vaccine evidence.

Edited by Cyclizine

22 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

He phones them up instead and they post him out a paper copy? If his pals have managed it, I'm sure they'd give him a hand.

I think the passport idea is pointless, but it's not exactly hard to get the vaccine evidence.

He’ll probably phone their landlines and just hear that ‘number no longer exists’ tone. Hopefully the coronavirus finishes him off. That would be the kindest thing.

That’s a bit harsh. Maybe this will be the push he needs to get a wee starter course at the local library. Unless it’s shut.

To the undoubted medical experts on this thread.

The Flu Vaccination evolves every few months to deal with all the new strains.

The current covid vaccines are less efficient in stopping actual infection with the prevalent Delta variant.  Dropped from around 80% for Wuhan and Kent variant to 50% for Delta infections (Still at high levels for stopping symptoms and illness).

Unless it has passed me by I would have expected new evolved Pfizer, Moderna & AZ versions that cope with the differences in Delta.

Anyone got any reference as I cant find anything obvious ?

The Internet has been pretty much an essential for 20+ years.

Not much sympathy for old c***s who have stubbornly ignored it since the late nineties and are now complaining they don’t know how to use it.