Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, TheBruce said:

Was at the Riverside Museum Glasgow on Sunday. The Stewards made you scan the QR code or write down your contact details. Everyone wore masks as challenged at the entrance. Place was pretty rammed and the usual brats running wild.

Later parked the car at St Georges cross and took the Mrs and the youngest on the Subway as they never had been on it before to go to Buchanan Street. What a mistake. No one enforcing mask wearing and was fucking rammed mainly with student types. The super spreading selfish c***s of the species not wearing masks. Shops pretty busy and most now wearing masks. It shows that when compelled to, the vast majority will wear masks.

Overall it's noticeably an age divide in mask wearing as you say. However come winter flu season, f**k sitting on public transport with all those younger selfish c***s coughing and spluttering as it will be rife among them. No doubt A&E will be full of them wanting their mammy in their staunchness! Whilst those really needing care will die in the wait because of those c***s.

The Office Steve Carell GIF - The Office Steve Carell Michael Scott -  Discover & Share GIFs

Was at the Riverside Museum Glasgow on Sunday. The Stewards made you scan the QR code or write down your contact details. Everyone wore masks as challenged at the entrance. Place was pretty rammed and the usual brats running wild.

Later parked the car at St Georges cross and took the Mrs and the youngest on the Subway as they never had been on it before to go to Buchanan Street. What a mistake. No one enforcing mask wearing and was fucking rammed mainly with student types. The super spreading selfish c***s of the species not wearing masks. Shops pretty busy and most now wearing masks. It shows that when compelled to, the vast majority will wear masks.

Overall it's noticeably an age divide in mask wearing as you say. However come winter flu season, f**k sitting on public transport with all those younger selfish c***s coughing and spluttering as it will be rife among them. No doubt A&E will be full of them wanting their mammy in their staunchness! Whilst those really needing care will die in the wait because of those c***s.

@TheBruce take yo big ass to sleep

2b2OqU.gif.c88c3b9655242af0d04ccaf5f849331d.gif

What if I've been jabbed in England, Wales or Northern Ireland?

Currently people vaccinated outside Scotland won't qualify for entry to nightclubs or other venues.

The Scottish Government says it's working with England, Wales and Northern Ireland to work out a solution - as well as considering how to deal with overseas visitors.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55718553

So anyone who wants to visit Easter Road or Ibrox from England won't be allowed in for a short period it seems. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

30 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Yes hardly a reasoned argument. Probably not even got a passport.  Imagine thinking the 5 star AIs I frequent in Lara Beach are shite holes.  The bogs there are probably 10 times more luxurious than his penthouse locked down bedroom.

Totally agree.

Turkey has some of the best resorts in the world and am still booked for October.

Not hopeful of getting there, I’m afraid.

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Currently people vaccinated outside Scotland won't qualify for entry to nightclubs or other venues.

The Scottish Government says it's working with England, Wales and Northern Ireland to work out a solution - as well as considering how to deal with overseas visitors.

So anyone who wants to visit Easter Road or Ibrox from England won't be allowed in for a short period it seems. Shambles already. 

neither should they be allowed, why arent they supporting local teams ?

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Scotland, with our mask mandates and vaccine passports coming in, has the highest rate of Covid in the UK. 

maybe that's because we have more than our fair share of arseholes who think they know better, as this dumpster fire of a thread only proves.

Edited by Meldrew

29 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So anyone who wants to visit Easter Road or Ibrox from England won't be allowed in for a short period it seems. 

Hope they resolve that asap. We've got an awards night in November with half the team coming up from England, surely something will be in place to stop them being turned away at the door?

Given Ibrox isn't even allowing away support yet I wouldn't be too concerned at their "plight"

12 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

maybe that's because we have more than our fair share of arseholes who think they know better, as this dumpster fire of a thread only proves.

If moralising claptrap was an effective public health measure then the SG and its wagon-circle of cheerleaders like you wouldn't have the worst Covid rates in the world to account for. 

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

If moralising claptrap was an effective public health measure then the SG and its wagon-circle of cheerleaders like you wouldn't have the worst Covid rates in the world to account for. 

i'm in no way surprised you have chipped in and replied, as you're who i had in mind when i typed the word arsehole.

and for the record, i've never voted for the Nats in my life

57 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Thanks for posting this, it wasn't clear from what I had read. 

Fortunately our trip to Tynecastle is on the 25th so I should at least escape this shambles, if they don't get it sorted before October.

The trains are weird just now. Folk are still choosing to stand in the doorways of carriages even when one person is using a table of 4. Pre Covid this would have been a quiet train with plenty empty seats, but with the same amount of people it looks busy due to the amount of folk standing.