Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Can't believe in the middle of a global pandemic when most of the world hasn't been vaxxed, with all the risks, variants, restrictions and varying standards of control and red tape, that so many are so desperate to go to some shite hole in the sun, put at least their kids at further risk, then moan about the possibility getting stuck there if positive, coz it must be ok to come back positive why don't you and infect most probably other family members and work colleagues and unsuspecting members of the public.
I defo missed the me me me class.
You're the biggest bed wetter we've seen on P&B, well done.

Can't believe in the middle of a global pandemic when most of the world hasn't been vaxxed, with all the risks, variants, restrictions and varying standards of control and red tape, that so many are so desperate to go to some shite hole in the sun, put at least their kids at further risk, then moan about the possibility getting stuck there if positive, coz it must be ok to come back positive why don't you and infect most probably other family members and work colleagues and unsuspecting members of the public.
Shut up.

Nope. 
I just think that you, and the rest of your pals, sound like dicks. Jumped up schoolboys, who think they know everything, but know f**k all. 
'Not agreeing enough with what mainstream society believes'...... hahahahahaha. Keyboard fucking warriors, one and all. 
Keep it up though, by all means. 

Good grief.

10 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Logically they wouldn't be as there's no Covid restrictions in England. It was a daft statement by whoever said it.

Apparently the English FA and/or Premier League are still insisting on their own restrictions. 

Which is why, for example, Sky have been able to squeeze into small studios up here, but in England they either present from Isleworth, pitchside, or (in the case of Leeds v Liverpool) a studio without a window (seriously). 

Obviously not all are as strict as up here, but there are a few bonkers ones nonetheless. 

This really is hyperbolic pish of the first degree.

Having travel tests to stop the infection spreading is completely pointless when it is already at ridiculous levels on plague island.

It's shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I've been counting down the days until I can go to some "shite hole in the sun", only 21 to go! Can't wait.

6 hours ago, TheBruce said:

See if you're a total wet wipe who is scared of their own shadow, just say so. 

Don't dress it up as you just having a social conscience.

Aye we heard you when you made the exact same post the day before. No need to repeat yourself !

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
I haven't read the details so this is just a guess but is it not just the case that anyone who would ordinarily be offered the flu jag is being offered a booster dose?
All over 50s fall under that umbrella.

I've been in my 50s for a few years and never been offered a flu jab !

The wife's 53 but pays 12 quid, I think, to get one from Boots.

I get mine 'free' since I was 45 because I've got a blocked artery. 

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
I haven't read the details so this is just a guess but is it not just the case that anyone who would ordinarily be offered the flu jag is being offered a booster dose?
All over 50s fall under that umbrella.

I've been in my 50s for a few years and never been offered a flu jab !

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

From the NHS website

Screenshot_20210914-075144_Opera.jpg

Yes that was my understanding that if you had certain conditions and over 50 you were offered it but seems the booster is going to be blanket. It might even vary from health board to health board.

From the NHS website
Screenshot_20210914-075144_Opera.thumb.jpg.0355ba8e96fc72653621e5ed51d6e9e0.jpg
Fair enough onus must have been on the person to come forward as I have never been "invited" or offered a jab before. My 3rd booster dose will due in a couple of minths if the paper leaks are true so see soon enough.
It shows how little real effort was put into trying to prevent winter strain on the NHS before Covid though.

Even putting aside the tweets and her terrible patter, Godley was a divisive character being used in a campaign to try and unite people behind a public health message which is all kinds of insane - it’s the same reason you don’t use somebody from one half of the Old Firm for these things.

Shambles from start to finish.

Here how come "limiting school disruption" has entered the arguement for 12 to 15 year olds getting jagged?

As far as I was aware, even a vaccinated person isolates on a positive test, and kids that age are not isolating as close contacts either?

Fewer kids would get covid in the first place.

41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can we not just agree that anyone who selects janey godley for a public health message, or a comedy act for that matter, is a grossly incompetent individual regardless of any tweets she’s put out there.

Must have been Sweeney or Humza then.