Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Maybe you can now, I’ll take your word for it as I haven’t looked recently.  The arse was getting booted out of the costs until very recently, especially in Scotland when you could only use one government mandated test supplier.
What is happening now with costs didn’t affect peoples decisions in the summer.
ETA if you can get me VIP fast-track through Rhodes airport we might have done business.  Being a punter in Rhodes airport isn’t an experience I’d want to repeat any time soon though [emoji1787]
You could offer the tests for free and there will still be a lot of people who just won't take the risk.

You can't blame them.

PS I've used Swissport's Filoxenia Lounge in the past at Diagoras - there is a wee walk to the departure gates but you get fast track security as well - cost is 40 euros but you can get it cheaper with discount codes. Well worth it if you've saved substantially more on the holiday itself.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So all over 50s to be included in the booster program. Single dose of Pfizer will be offered 6mths after your 2nd dose. That seems OTT I didn't expect to be needing a booster and if taking it I'll have a AZ / Pfizer cocktail.

I haven't read the details so this is just a guess but is it not just the case that anyone who would ordinarily be offered the flu jag is being offered a booster dose?

All over 50s fall under that umbrella.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So all over 50s to be included in the booster program. Single dose of Pfizer will be offered 6mths after your 2nd dose. That seems OTT I didn't expect to be needing a booster and if taking it I'll have a AZ / Pfizer cocktail.

It seems wholly unnecessary. As does jagging 12-15 year olds per the JCVI's recommendation, but looks like we're now doing that as well. Definitely following the science

Good time to be a Pfizer shareholder. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Elixir said:

As I stated before The Simps took it badly.

Think we can safely chalk this up as yet another W for The Good Guys.

4U0m6pP.png

You're truly a fucking nutcase. 

We all want this over with. It's not a competition. 

You REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to step back from this thread and take a bit of time off. 

40 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You can get a pre-flight package for £68 a person now - depending where you were looking to go the cost of the actual holiday is a lower than past years.

Just today I could get you 2 weeks AI in a 4 star in Rhodes for less than £500. And that kind of deal is not unique - Tui are offering £150 off most of their late deals - I'm sure Jet2Holidays are doing something similar. OnTheBeach are also looking to do free travel testing.

Shop around and you can make up the difference quite easily.

Speaking to friends who have children 12+ they are not going because they just won't take the risk of one of their family testing positive and the consequences of that.

Dont doubt that those deals on testing and holidays are available now, but a family with school age kids isnt going to be able to take advantage, the summer holidays long passed and the rules/changes then were like you say prohibitive but the costs of testing at that peak point were also mental. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Any chance of you following your own advice bud?

Nope.

I've posted about 20 times in this whole fucking shambles of 6000+ pages. It's become the domain of completely unhinged, twisted fuckwits who feel it's somehow a competition between them and the rest of the world. 

I'm not sure if you're one of them, but look back at your posting history and I suspect you're on the edge of it. 

This place has become an echo chamber of nutcases, who simply do not reflect the views of the vast majority of the population, no matter how much they keep on posting that they do. 

Honestly. Think about the stuff that you're posting, and if you feel that this has become personal, step back. 

18 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You're truly a fucking nutcase.

We all want this over with. It's not a competition.

You REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to step back from this thread and take a bit of time off.

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Nope.

I've posted about 20 times in this whole fucking shambles of 6000+ pages. It's become the domain of completely unhinged, twisted fuckwits who feel it's somehow a competition between them and the rest of the world.

I'm not sure if you're one of them, but look back at your posting history and I suspect you're on the edge of it.

This place has become an echo chamber of nutcases, who simply do not reflect the views of the vast majority of the population, no matter how much they keep on posting that they do.

Honestly. Think about the stuff that you're posting, and if you feel that this has become personal, step back.

yXAbrOQ.png

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Nope.

Have a go at dismantling arguments step by step then, rather than lashing out without really saying anything.

Should people just roll over and accept the “mainstream” view? Should huge governmental decisions/thought processes not be questioned? It’s only people’s lives we’re talking about after all.

If you’re going to lose the rag at anybody over this, find some anti vaxx nutters on Twitter or something.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Have a go at dismantling arguments step by step then, rather than lashing out without really saying anything.

Should people just roll over and accept the “mainstream” view? Should huge governmental decisions/thought processes not be questioned? It’s only people’s lives we’re talking about after all.

If you’re going to lose the rag at anybody over this, find some anti vaxx nutters on Twitter or something.

It's gone a long way past that for a few posters on here, bud. 

You have no idea what my personal opinions are on this whole chaos. And I've got no intention of posting them on here every 10 minutes like some of the frenetic gobshites who own this thread. 

The whole thing has become a parody of itself. Honestly, there are a handful of posters on here who desperately need to step away from the keyboard. 

As if posting on a football message board is going to make the slightest bit of difference, whether you accept the 'mainstream view', or not. 

Lol. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Still laughing at the idea that the problem with this thread is that we're just not agreeing enough with what mainstream society believes and that because of that the thread is ruined. 🤣

What a state to get into.

Nope. 

I just think that you, and the rest of your pals, sound like dicks. Jumped up schoolboys, who think they know everything, but know f**k all. 

'Not agreeing enough with what mainstream society believes'...... hahahahahaha. Keyboard fucking warriors, one and all. 

Keep it up though, by all means. 

Dont doubt that those deals on testing and holidays are available now, but a family with school age kids isnt going to be able to take advantage, the summer holidays long passed and the rules/changes then were like you say prohibitive but the costs of testing at that peak point were also mental. 
Those deals are for the October school holidays.

I'm not denying there was a real issue with the costs of testing midsummer - but the reality is that even with reduced testing costs or even zero test costs people are just not prepared to take the risk.

Remove the tests entirely for the double-jagged and you'll see a big surge in holiday bookings.

18 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Nope. 

I just think that you, and the rest of your pals, sound like dicks. Jumped up schoolboys, who think they know everything, but know f**k all. 

'Not agreeing enough with what mainstream society believes'...... hahahahahaha. Keyboard fucking warriors, one and all. 

Keep it up though, by all means. 

Its just good youre not bothered though. It seemed for a second you were bothered, but that post just confirms you really weren’t. 

35 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's gone a long way past that for a few posters on here, bud. 

You have no idea what my personal opinions are on this whole chaos. And I've got no intention of posting them on here every 10 minutes like some of the frenetic gobshites who own this thread. 

The whole thing has become a parody of itself. Honestly, there are a handful of posters on here who desperately need to step away from the keyboard. 

As if posting on a football message board is going to make the slightest bit of difference, whether you accept the 'mainstream view', or not. 

Lol. 

We're aware it's a message board mate, and nobody thinks Sturgeon is right on here between briefings hanging on every word..

received my 1st vaccine yesterday Sinovac  then will receive my 2nd dose on 4th Oct.  It will be the AZ.  If I stop posting after 2nd dose you will know  if the cocktail kills you or not. I've had many a night/day of cocktail drugs before, so maybe not the best lab rat for best results.  My wife has had the 2 jags, she still here.

No side effects as yet apart from a bit of a sleepless night.

5 hours ago, TheBruce said:

Can't believe in the middle of a global pandemic when most of the world hasn't been vaxxed, with all the risks, variants, restrictions and varying standards of control and red tape, that so many are so desperate to go to some shite hole in the sun, put at least their kids at further risk, then moan about the possibility getting stuck there if positive, coz it must be ok to come back positive why don't you and infect most probably other family members and work colleagues and unsuspecting members of the public.

I defo missed the me me me class.

just back from Santandar, Bilbao and San Sebastian. Was a very nice holiday, thanks very much. Was a little concerned with my pre-return test but all worked out okay. Not sure I fully self-administered properly my 2 day on return test - I was no way near as invasive as the clinic staff......