Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Sounds to me like Sturgeon is softening her position just a little on vaccine passports.

It does feel like we're approaching the end game now.

That 3 week review the Greens insisted on is gonna be her life saver here. She’ll keep them for 6 weeks, then bin them stating something about high vaccine uptake, meaning they are no longer necessary.

42 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Whenever a pro-passport type tries to tell you that this worked, and just look at Denmark, show them this.

Denmark scraps vaccine passports and all other COVID restrictions

Not sure that changes the argument either way. You could say the passport has done its work in Denmark with 83% of over 12s vaccinated, so is no longer needed.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure that changes the argument either way. You could say the passport has done its work in Denmark with 83% of over 12s vaccinated, so is no longer needed.

...if you had any direct causal evidence that vaccine passports led to Danish people getting vaccinated. There isn't any though. 

31 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

That 3 week review the Greens insisted on is gonna be her life saver here. She’ll keep them for 6 weeks, then bin them stating something about high vaccine uptake, meaning they are no longer necessary.

Which would be a misleading statement, as Vaccine uptake recently on a scientific scale of Pish to Brilliant, is Pish. 

Vaccine passport threat is not upping vaccine numbers.

She would need a better climb down excuse.

Edited by superbigal

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Your man Humza saying spot checks could be used at events, rather than checking 50k vaccine passports. A more sensible approach, but I give it 5 mins before someone is complaining "are you spot checking me as I'm black/asian/female/gay/look a bit dodgy 

There's so much in the world, and specifically about Covid, to get mad about without just inventing reactionary shit in your mind

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

...if you had any direct causal evidence that vaccine passports led to Danish people getting vaccinated. There isn't any though. 

....if you can find any Danish statement saying that vaccine passports were a mistake, rather than a means to an end. There isn't one though. 

You would have to, by extension, say that you advocate over 12s also being frozen out of normal society using the passport, in order to force their parents to give them the vaccine. If you wanted to utilise passports to drive up vaccines in that particular age group.

So are we saying thats what we want?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

You would have to, by extension, say that you advocate over 12s also being frozen out of normal society using the passport, in order to force their parents to give them the vaccine. If you wanted to utilise passports to drive up vaccines in that particular age group.

So are we saying thats what we want?

I'm neutral on passports, I just think that using Denmark to show how they're a bad thing is daft, they seem to have worked very well, with little fuss.

Coronapas: The passport helping Denmark open up after Covid

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  397.4 to 385.9 down 2.89%, England  342.7 to 332.2 down 5.98%, Wales 545.2 to 531.3 down 2.55%, Northern Ireland  567.5 to 566.1 down 0.25%

Schools reopening not having any effect in the rest of the UK as yet.

57 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The vaccination rates here in people who are eligible are already higher than 83%. 90.9% of people over 16 have already had one dose and 83.2% have had two doses.

We obviously can't compare like for like because 12-15 year-olds aren't being offered it in Scotland.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm neutral on passports, I just think that using Denmark to show how they're a bad thing is daft, they seem to have worked very well, with little fuss.

Coronapas: The passport helping Denmark open up after Covid

You have consistently missed the point with this.

Had we done what the Danes did (i.e. passports during the big part of the rollout to allow things to open earlier than they otherwise would have) no-one would have been that bothered.

Our bars and restaurants would have been open earlier, Hampden full for the Euros etc.

There's literally no point in introducing them after having your society fully open for two months.

1 minute ago, The Master said:

I don't understand this article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-58488489

A vaccine passport doesn't make things safer for those who are more vulnerable because vaccines don't stop transmission. Surely that's common knowledge by now?

They reduce it.

Was it not parts of Scandinavia that never had Lockdown and went for herd immunity and everyone was banging on about how that was the right thing to do until their cases shot up, feels pretty same old same old with folk jumping on the Denmark boat here.

9 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Was it not parts of Scandinavia that never had Lockdown and went for herd immunity and everyone was banging on about how that was the right thing to do until their cases shot up, feels pretty same old same old with folk jumping on the Denmark boat here.

Have you seen the stats from Sweden recently. 

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You have consistently missed the point with this.

Had we done what the Danes did (i.e. passports during the big part of the rollout to allow things to open earlier than they otherwise would have) no-one would have been that bothered.

Our bars and restaurants would have been open earlier, Hampden full for the Euros etc.

There's literally no point in introducing them after having your society fully open for two months.

Denmark's case rate is down to 58/100,000. That and their vaccination success is why they're dropping passports for the time being. It's beyond me why they've replaced Sweden as poster boys on here. They've been mad for masks and passports.

Edited by welshbairn

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Denmark's case rate is down to 58/100,000. That and their vaccination success is why they're dropping passports for the time being. It's beyond me why they've replaced Sweden as poster boys on here. They've been mad for masks and passports.

There is literally no point in trying to converse with you on this as you cannot seem to understand the point being made about the time for vaccine passports being useful (here, Denmark, or anywhere else) has passed.

Denmark's case rate is about the same right now as when the passport was first brought in. They weren't brought in to bring cases down, they were brought in to attempt to keep them controlled whilst opening things up as the vaccine programme rolled out. They are being dropped because they have almost completed that roll out.

As for the bit in bold. For about the 1 millionth time, they have removed these restrictions.

Edited by Todd_is_God