Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Over 100,000 cases in the last 17 days in Scotland, in a virtually open society. There will be some deaths as a result - barely over 100 I’d have thought when you remove those with positive tests but not dying because of Covid. Not good news if you’re in that number, clearly (!), but out of a total of 2500-3000 people expected to die in that period can we really say that’s a problem? More will die of a stroke in the same timeframe.

If the government would scrap the restrictions placed on healthcare staff to allow fully-functioning wards/full staff rotas/end isolation requirements I think we could officially call the pandemic over to be honest. It clearly places pressure on healthcare which needs to be accounted for, and obviously data still needs to be watched closely, but there is no reason to have any restrictions whatsoever on the population at large.

It'll finally be over the very moment ScotRail get rid of that pissing alcohol ban.

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:
I know they voted on it a few days ago but is anyone expecting the SG to do a u turn on vaccine passports after Javid/Boris confirmed they are being binned down south. 

Can't see it, Sturgeons ego would take too much of a hit.

Would be quite the set of mental gymnastics from speaking out against them, to implementing them and then trying to tell everyone that we don't need them after all. 

Then there's the Greens, who made a principled stand against them and "reluctantly"* then decided they were needed. 

*Two entirely made-up Ministerial posts saw to that. 

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Actually that is excellent news and a position I would endorse because it forces an end date to all this covid shite eventually.

That assumes the SNP actually have a genuine desire to hold a second referendum...

20210912_165756.jpg

36 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Strategic excuse to boot another referendum down the road for another term imo.

Ive gone in 6 years from SNP member and volunteer to absolutely despising what they have become, the mismanagement of public services at Scottish and Local Level is gobsmacking. Thing is i genuinely dont believe there is a culture of doing this on purpose to enrich their donors, their corruption is purely down to being staggeringly incompetent. Sturgeon for all she has got wrong over the past two years is clearly the only one of them with a bit of political ability in the cabinet at least and the others are so entrenched in alba/terf madness that they can’t be taken seriously again. You can look at the new generation of politicians and in the absence of a M. Black taking over I cant see them retaining power or delivering anything in terms of good governance. 

I believed passionately in independence for Scotland but I genuinely just couldnt give a f**k anymore, on the balance of things I’d vote for it maybe but can’t see it making that much of a difference either way any more so would be more of an idealistic move than any other. 2023 is probably their last chance to force one through as although I see them having the most seats at holyrood I dont know a single person who actively feels enthused at the prospect of more SNP governance.

Daily Summary for @oaksoft Deaths 0 as Sunday (12 day before),  ICU cases 83 to 88  (? new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid 985 to 1018 (? new admissions). 

Daily Cases Update: We may have peaked as cases down another 4% and I expect something similar tomorrow.  Still on top of the world at 754.3 per 100K

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines   2,381 to 2,906 ,  2nd vaccines   6,953 to 8,141

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 3rd September to 9th September  were  42.962 to 41,232 down 4.03%, Positivity was 12.3% now 11.9%.  Cases per 100K were  786.0 now 754.3

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  407.0 to 397.4 down 2.36%, England  352.5 to 342.7 down 2.78%, Wales 568.8 to 545.2 down 4.15%, Northern Ireland  560.6 to 567.5 up 1.05%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 402.4 (weekly change up 66%),   Switzerland 220.4 (weekly change up 7%), Ireland  193.3 (Weekly change -11%),  Norway 169.8 (weekly change -8%), Greece 146.4 (Weekly change -20%),  These are still the only countries over 145 cases per 100K   

Scotland  may have peaked in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1),. Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Dunbartonshire   1256.5 to 1198.8

Inverclyde  1109.5 to 1061.5  

East Renfrewshire  1067.0 to 1047.3 

North Lanarkshire   1198.0 to 1125.1 to 1042.7   Down over 13% in 2 days.

Renfrewshire  1053.0 to 998.4

Glasgow City   973.8 to 928.2  

South Lanarkshire   942.3 to 878.1

Clackmannanshire   908.6 to 867.6

East Dunbartonshire    892.0 to 865.3  

North Ayrshire    872.3 to 861.1 

Midlothian   865.3 to 849.2

Dundee City   852.0 to 826.5

East Ayrshire    806.7 to 812.5 

West Lothian   786.6 to 797.0

Fife   812.3 to 792.8 

Falkirk   796.0 to 773.5  

BELOW AVERAGE

Stirling    673.9 to 684.5

Argyll & Bute  748.0 to 678.9  

South Ayrshire  703.6 to 676.8 

City Of Edinburgh   686.1 to 656.0   

Aberdeenshire   637.3 to 618.1 

Aberdeen City    570.2 to 546.6  

Highlands  571.7 to 546.5

East Lothian   567.2 to 530.1  Faster dropper 

Dumfries & Galloway   556.3 to 517.2

Angus    537.0 to 513.7    

Scottish  Borders   447.8 to 432.1

Perth & Kinross    382.5 to 391.7

Shetland Islands  323.6 to 319.2

Moray   239.3 to 245.5

Orkney Islands   200.9 to 214.3

Western Isles    166.0 to 139.6

Wife was due for a minor procedure at Ross Hall tomorrow and got tested there on Friday. Got a call today to say positive. So her, me and the kids have been to Prestwick Airport for a drive through test this afternoon. 

LFTs on Tuesday before she went to London we’re negative but I suspect I might have picked it up on a night out in Glasgow 15 days ago.

8 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Wife was due for a minor procedure at Ross Hall tomorrow and got tested there on Friday. Got a call today to say positive. So her, me and the kids have been to Prestwick Airport for a drive through test this afternoon. 

LFTs on Tuesday before she went to London we’re negative but I suspect I might have picked it up on a night out in Glasgow 15 days ago.

Why would your wife need to be retested if she’s had a positive test at Ross Hall?  Was it not a PCR she got there?

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Actually that is excellent news and a position I would endorse because it forces an end date to all this covid shite eventually.

I mean it is if you genuinely believe they want to force a second referendum and aren't just kicking the ball into the long grass whilst paying lip-serivce to the vast majority of their followers who continue to vote for them based on this pledge rather than their overall poor governance.

This very point was pretty much the Alba Party's entire manifesto earlier in the year.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Bit surprised that there's nobody from the P&B Covid gang banging on about schools anymore, which might explain our huge but stabilising numbers, compared to England's likely about to zoom up.

lol wut

No one gives a f**k about case numbers anymore, and the worlds biggest wave plateauing and beginning to fall with all the relevant restrictions gone and schools well into full swing paints a pretty vivid picture of how useful restrictions are in terms of stemming the tide.

The tide will stem itself. No vaccine passport or any other grandstanding BS required.

If cases keep decreasing in Scotland over the next fortnight I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sturgeon roll back on the vaxx passports because of this.

'People are increasingly being more careful!'

Bit surprised that there's nobody from the P&B Covid gang banging on about schools anymore, which might explain our huge but stabilising numbers, compared to England's likely about to zoom up.
You've got to remember that England binned restrictions about 2 months ago so the 'zoom up' might not happen as a lot of the cases that would have occurred due to schools going back will have been gradual over the last 2 months.