Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I am pretty sure there have been a few research paper saying they didn't work.

Well that's me convinced. Meanwhile people on here who actually work on Covid patients have kindly furnished you with several links to studies that say they do work, but you chose to ignore.

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Well that's me convinced. Meanwhile people on here who actually work on Covid patients have kindly furnished you with several links to studies that say they do work, but you chose to ignore.

"People who work with Covid patients" are no more qualified on the benefits of mask wearing than bin lorry drivers are on the impact of landfill on climate change.  

As far as I am aware there have been no peer reviewed studies on mask wearing that didn't either happen at the same time as other restrictions or were comparing different states or countries.  Based on what is happening in the UK just now, anyone doing a study based on restrictions and transmittal would determine that masks are a contributor to transmittal.  Personally I don't think they contribute but real world evidence, using the same interpretation of data that were in the studies (I am thinking about the American one that compared different states) would conclude that I was wrong.

No rational person would claim that masks are either perfect or useless, it just depends on where they lie on the "are they worth bothering with" line in-between that matters. A study that ignores the protection an individual gets from others wearing masks is useless in finding out whether they're worthwhile or not 

I know they voted on it a few days ago but is anyone expecting the SG to do a u turn on vaccine passports after Javid/Boris confirmed they are being binned down south. 

It depends on if england are the outlier I’d say.
Ireland have vaccine passports haven’t they? I’d guess that might make the conversation regarding them a bit different in Northern Ireland as they might be keen to copy them, especially for ease at the border.

Wales, I’m not sure what their opinion on the passports are.

I can’t see sturgeon turning around unless all other nations in the UK do so.

Over 100,000 cases in the last 17 days in Scotland, in a virtually open society. There will be some deaths as a result - barely over 100 I’d have thought when you remove those with positive tests but not dying because of Covid. Not good news if you’re in that number, clearly (!), but out of a total of 2500-3000 people expected to die in that period can we really say that’s a problem? More will die of a stroke in the same timeframe.

If the government would scrap the restrictions placed on healthcare staff to allow fully-functioning wards/full staff rotas/end isolation requirements I think we could officially call the pandemic over to be honest. It clearly places pressure on healthcare which needs to be accounted for, and obviously data still needs to be watched closely, but there is no reason to have any restrictions whatsoever on the population at large.

Sturgeon is turning into a high level moron with every passing day. 

I can't wait to walk up the the voting booth the next time there's an election and draw a hairy, veiny spunking cock all over my voting slip.

Edited by TheScarf

21 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I know they voted on it a few days ago but is anyone expecting the SG to do a u turn on vaccine passports after Javid/Boris confirmed they are being binned down south. 

Nope. It’ll just reinforce the usual “we care more than England” message. 

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Not matter what way its spun, England's announcement regarding vaccine passports,  makes NS looks like an absolute minter. Who knew BJ and co would have more sense on this than the Scottish govt

Especially since she hasn't really finalised any plans, and the vote was largely based on "England is going to do this, will we do it too?"

Now she's not only stuck rolling out a scheme that England aren't going to, but there will be no blueprint available to adapt to be more care morey.

That alone guarantees it will be shambolic.

Edited by Todd_is_God

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Not matter what way its spun, England's announcement regarding vaccine passports,  makes NS looks like an absolute minter. Who knew BJ and co would have more sense on this than the Scottish govt

On this thread, perhaps,  

In the real world, not so much.