Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

He's neck and neck with a quiche, that's how good a job he's doing. If folk are going to cite polls, it's best not to be wrong about them.

They are still leading despite openly lying to the electorate , particularly this week. 

7 minutes ago, strichener said:

I thought this was a public health issue not a case of have we managed to dupe more of the population. 

With the likes of you signing their praises it is no wonder that they are winning the popularity contest whilst imposing needless and no doubt costly impositions on people.  Oh, and allowing more of their population to die than other developed nations.

Never mind, it is only really killing the old and they are more likely to be unionist.  Win win.

What an arse you are making of yourself over this.  Day after day, post after post.

You wonder if the SNP would still be in power if they kept dangling an independence referendum slightly out of reach of a section of the population. Beginning to suspect that might explain why some slavishly support them. 

Might be completely wrong about that though 

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

They are still leading despite openly lying to the electorate , particularly this week. 

They're still in charge yes, from an election held prior to fucking the economy and murdering 150,000. 

But the polls are tight or level UK wide, and the opposition is fucking terrible. Whereas in Scotland we've had the opportunity to cast our judgement on the SNPs pandemic performance mere months ago and their lead in the polls has increased, from that landslide victory since then.

Absolute vindication for The First Minister and her steady and cautious approach. GSTFM

9 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Watching TRNSMT on the telly, Liam belting out the Oasis hits, the crowds going wild, crammed in like sardines. Looks fucking awesome although I’m probably now 30+ years beyond their target demographic.

Good job they’ve all had their LF tests and brought their masks to get the lucozade curers from the Spar shop on the way home. 

The pantomime in this country is beyond parody. Poll tax, Trident and countless other causes called for mass civil disobedience with varying successes.

Yet, our generation (25-55, I’m looking at you/me), we’re all cowed behind useless paper face coverings just coz oor Nicola sez.

Biggest compliant shitebag population ever. Shite state of affairs. 

25 to 55 isnt one generation, you have almost got 3 in that age bracket and Oasis or anything connected to them have always been shite

I think the polling probably reflects a large number of factors. A lot of people will say “well what would anyone else have done” which up to this point is probably a fair point. Despite the huge impact I’d bet most people haven’t been really materially affected - won’t have been seriously ill with covid, won’t have lost their job etc. It’s been a big inconvenience and very hard but it won’t have really changed their lives.

also, the latest measures only affect very small numbers of people - most folk don’t go to nightclubs or football games. A lot of people would happily see these things shut down permanently - there was a YouGov poll that showed a small number of people in favour of permanent closure of nightclubs due to Covid. 

Additionally there is the divided nature of Scottish politics. There are people who always oppose the SNP for whatever reason, but there are a group of people m, probably larger, who are ‘SNP Gooders’ who would back whatever the SG does. 

Finally and this is a more unprovable point, but Scotland has a conformist political and social culture. That lends itself to one party or group being preeminent.

10 hours ago, Elixir said:

So Boris will be announcing vaccine passports are in the bin on Tuesday it seems. Not really a huge surprise. People in England must be pissing themselves at the ongoing theatre nonsense that is still going on in Scotland. Folk I know who live in London say mask use is getting increasingly rare, the Perspex screens and social distancing stickers are gone or going, no farcical track and trace - and yet their cases per head of population are lower than Scotland.

What an embarrassing state our country is in.

Certainly wouldn't say that is the case, on trains I'd hazard a guess and say at least 80% are wearing masks. People are still being cautious, for example trying to get tickets for West Ham away fixtures is usually a pain in the arse, yet the first game went to general sale which is unheard of, and even Southampton yesterday went down to a very low amount of points. 

Still a long way off "normal" life down here, I can understand the frustration of people in Scotland, but it isn't all roses down here.

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Plus testing requirements when coming back into the country to be binned.

Quite right, cost best part of £200 last week for tests to get back home from Greece. Greece has a case average of around 160/100,000, North Lanarkshire has over 1,000/100,000.  Who exactly were out tests protecting apart from some company bank balance? In terms of risk we were safer over there and all they asked for on entry was proof of vaccination and a PLF. 

2 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Quite right, cost best part of £200 last week for tests to get back home from Greece. Greece has a case average of around 160/100,000, North Lanarkshire has over 1,000/100,000.  Who exactly were out tests protecting apart from some company bank balance? In terms of risk we were safer over there and all they asked for on entry was proof of vaccination and a PLF. 

wife and I returning from Spain tomorrow.

Paid £68 each for PCR on return and £25 each for antigen tests yesterday.

Why???

Could someone remind me of the 'reasoning' for these 'sterile zones' near the dugout and tunnel areas of football stadia in Scotland, which aren't in place in England?

More absolutely laughable theatrics.

7 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Waiting for the FM to do the right thing then running out and doing the opposite to placate the likes of Desmond Swayne. Nationalist politics at it's ugly and divisive worst. 

Oi!!

All through this pandemic, Desmond Swayne plus a few others has  been one of  the few sensible MP’s.

Just wish the Scottish Parliament had a few like him rather than the SNP toadies.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Spelling

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

An absolute minter for Scotgov.

Javid says we shouldnt "do things for the sake of it" which is pretty much all Scotgov has left.

wE mAkE nO aPoLoGiEs!!!!!!

GTF out of our lives.

Not really, up until this mornings massive u turn that was also the same "minter" for the UK Gov.

I'm not in favour of these passports and I agree that our Gov is a shambles at the moment, however I can't accept that the UK Gov are in some way much better or much more competent, only that they're unarguably better at using and playing the mainstream media.

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Not really, up until this mornings massive u turn that was also the same "minter" for the UK Gov.

I'm not in favour of these passports and I agree that our Gov is a shambles at the moment, however I can't accept that the UK Gov are in some way much better or much more competent, only that they're unarguably better at using and playing the mainstream media.

That would be fine if I hadnt consistently been against them and slated UK gov for it also. Not sure what point you are trying to make tbh.