Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Detournement said:
There was a media blackout of adverse reactions until too many people realised it was strange that adverse reactions were happening in Europe but not here. The media then reported that there had been 30 odd deaths within 7 days of the vaccine due to adverse reactions.
The total is now over 1500 deaths due to adverse reactions within 7 days. No official total death figure exists because people such as the BBC producer who died after 7 days of injection aren't included in any stats despite the coroner finding that an adverse reaction to the vaccine killed her. 
If any other product in the UK had killed 1500 people this year there would be a lot more media coverage and debate.

What other product with a known potential for adverse side effects have upwards of 60 million people taken in a short period of time?

There obviously isn't one. 

But I think it's fair to say that many parents won't be fully informed about the scale of adverse reactions when they decide whether or not to vaccinate their children.

But I think it's fair to say that many parents won't be fully informed about the scale of adverse reactions when they decide whether or not to vaccinate their children.

Im now asking because I genuinely have no idea.... Is the scale of adverse reaction worse than the usual jags kids get without even thinking about it?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Im now asking because I genuinely have no idea.... Is the scale of adverse reaction worse than the usual jags kids get without even thinking about it?

I'm not sure but it appears to be the case.

The important thing is though that the adverse reactions from the vaccine are significantly worse than Covid. This is an entirely different scenario from Polio, TB, Measles etc

1500 people died shortly after having a vaccine. This doesn’t imply they died due to the vaccine.

The figure of 1500 is published in the MHRA website, they have a special website dedicated to the potential side effects of the vaccine and other medicines.

The government and regulatory bodies have been open about the potential side effects. They had a live press conference to discuss the issue when they restricted the AstraZeneca vaccine to the over 30s.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

Vaccinated people are still dying of Covid. 

Can anybody interrogate how many vaccinated people are dying of other things (let’s just say worn out from old age) but who just happened to have returned a recent positive Covid test? Try to differentiate between dying of/dying with? 

My old boy drank himself to death so the basic cause was liver failure but, because there was a Daily Mail-esque pile on the NHS at the time, his official cause of death was recorded as MRSA infection. I don’t doubt he had MRSA but he was ultimately fucked whether he contracted that or not. 

30 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Can anybody interrogate how many vaccinated people are dying of other things (let’s just say worn out from old age) but who just happened to have returned a recent positive Covid test? Try to differentiate between dying of/dying with? 

My old boy drank himself to death so the basic cause was liver failure but, because there was a Daily Mail-esque pile on the NHS at the time, his official cause of death was recorded as MRSA infection. I don’t doubt he had MRSA but he was ultimately fucked whether he contracted that or not. 

Our journalists could, but why do that when "so what needs to happen so we can lock down again?" is much easier?

59 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, Detournement said:

Wow from tinfoil hat to full on anti vaxx. Impressive.

I agree with the JCVI that 12-15 year olds shouldn't be vaccinated on health reasons. 

That's not anti vax you absolute clown. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

You can believe whatever nonsense you want.

It's not my job or responsibility to make you or anyone else feel safe by undertaking meaningless virtue signalling shite.

So either hide un der the bedsheets or grow a pair and get out there and enjoy life while you can.

You may rest assured that I will give your life guidance the attention it merits. 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

According to Worldometer the UK is at about 5.5 million cases in total.

So about 1 in 10 has had this.

I have to say again though that we have no reference point to be able to know whether those numbers are higher or lower than any other virus like the flu because we've never tested anything with this level of fervour and obsession. I don't think any other country is being this obsessive over testing. The only thing which matters is hospitalisations and deaths and the sooner those in charghe realise that and quit this nonsense, the better.

7.2m official cases now but that is a vast underestimate. Testing wasn't widely available until the summer of 2020 so we were only catching fraction of the true number of infections during the first wave. Even now, most analysts believe we are only catching around 50% of the true cases out there. I'd be surprised if there are any fewer than 25 million infections in the UK to date.

On 06/09/2021 at 15:59, Paxo said:

I went to a gig down South last Friday. Just reported a negative LFT online and received a confirmation email from them to show at the gig.

I didn't actually take the test and the boy checking these 'Covid passes' clearly couldn't give a shit anyway.

The lassie checking vaccine certs at the gig we went to last night had zero fucks to give.  I held my phone out and she waved me through without even looking at it let alone scanning the QR codes.  Completely pointless.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If we only test symptomatic people it will go through the roof!

I touched on this the other day, but now that we have vaccines and a fully open society, "test positivity rate" is a completely pointless, arbitrary statistic.

Like you say, if we were actually interesting in ditching the covid hysteria and took the rational approach in only testing people who were ill enough to require medical treatment, then the positivity rate would rocket. If we tested absolutely everyone every day it would fall through the floor.

I'd love to know the basis behind the magical 5% figure.