Coronavirus (COVID-19)

46 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've been wondering this for a while. It seems like most weeks it's been around 1 in 70/80 recently. With obviously a massive jump forward now.

By my calculations we're on week 76 of lockdown. Assuming levels have been somewhere around 1 in 80 people throughout that whole time (which I appreciate is a big assumption) then we must be talking at in excess of 80 percent of the population having had Covid? (according to this measure).

One of the P&B lads who is better at stats can dig into a bit more accurately (or tell me how wrong I am). But we must be well beyond the 'herd immunity' threshold by now?

Say it was 1 in 80 every week for 80 weeks, that wouldn’t necessarily mean everybody had been infected. The same people could be included for more than one week. If they were infected for 4 weeks in a row and included in the total each time, then 25% of the population would have been infected. I think that’s how it works anyway.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
Do you actually read what I say?
I actually thought you were reasonably intelligent, albeit of a different political persuasion.
I rest my case.

So who organised the Rally you were asked to speak at.

I can’t honestly remember.

There were posters advertising it all over Falkirk - to be held in Callendar Park on a Saturday afternoon.

I got chatting with the Lanarkshire councillor who had similar views to mine on lockdown and he asked me to speak from the point of view of the ‘old’ who wanted the young to be able to get on with their lives.

It was Spring/Summer last year.

44 minutes ago, Rod1877 said:

Ah'm no' a cult member but ...

Actually, she said "these things happen" in relation to the government not spotting the tweets prior to hiring Godley.  Whether that could be judged a flippant response to an embarrassing oversight is another matter.

On the tweets themselves she said they were "completely unacceptable, completely beyond the pale and I would not in any way, shape or form seek to defend them".  That doesn't seem particularly flippant to me.

Sturgeon didn't condemn. Sad. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Incredible stuff from NS this morning. Speaking about the Janey Godley debacle and her historic tweets, she condemned them outright and said that in connection with not discovering the tweets...  "these things happen". In my biased opinion NS has had a shocking few weeks yet I'm sure the Unionist cult members who whine like the f**k and lie about anything the SG does will be along soon to w**k themselves into a frenzy about something that they hilariously got wrong in the first place 🙄

FTFY

Those vehemently against passports are the same handful vehemently against masking and before that SD and lockdowns.

That's not true though either.

There will be quite a few like myself who are not at all happy with what is the thin edge of the wedge when it comes to civil liberties.

It's a sledgehammer aimed at the wrong target. If they wanted to use vaccine passports to encourage people to get vaccinated there are more obvious targets like international travel.

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Ooohh, get you! The rest of us made do with a test result. "Diagnosis", indeed!

Hope it doesn't hit you too bad, mate.

Ha of course test result is what I meant.

I was rough earlier in the week when I thought it was a bad cold and yesterday when I got my cough but ironically I'm now feeling not too bad and just resigned to being bored as f**k over the next ten days.

Ha of course test result is what I meant.
I was rough earlier in the week when I thought it was a bad cold and yesterday when I got my cough but ironically I'm now feeling not too bad and just resigned to being bored as f**k over the next ten days.

Is it not ten days since the onset of symptoms so you could count back to earlier in the week.

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

Is it not ten days since the onset of symptoms so you could count back to earlier in the week.

I've been advised until and including the 18th, as I had a test on Tuesday that returned a negative result and then developed more symptoms yesterday that triggered the positive result.

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Goodness. Is Lockdown fanatic John turning into some kind of anti-vaxxer?

Don't know the guy but it's a bit deflating that we're talking about jagging kids and booster jags while the majority of over 60s globally haven't had their first dose yet, and there's zero outcry. I guess we're all inately selfish when it comes down to it, and I include myself in that.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If you want to feel safe stay at home, stop imposing your neurotic behaviour on everone else and quit legally enforcing restrictions on others which are useless.

Well, I suppose I could, but at least I wouldn't be a liar about it.  If more folk followed the rules that are in place then more folk could go about in a safer environment.  I'd rather do that than be one of the whining 'it's no fair' eejits who can't bring themselves to act sensibly or contemplate the prospect of turning up early (or even sober) for a known busy event, or would lie through their teeth while pretending to be some freedom loving icon. 

Still, it takes all sorts.  Some folk just can't see the sense in adopting a wide package of measures, (as one or two on their own won't hack it) because they object to the few that actually affect themselves.  I'd suggest that you might consider not spending your spare time licking doorknobs, but I'd hate to interfere with your freedoms.

Away and gie us peace. 

53 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've been advised until and including the 18th, as I had a test on Tuesday that returned a negative result and then developed more symptoms yesterday that triggered the positive result.

Have you had two jags? If not good luck as each the kids get it and reset to day one!

I'm finally free, wee ones last day of isolation so she's off to her dad's and I'm off to work.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Still, it takes all sorts.  Some folk just can't see the sense in adopting a wide package of measures, (as one or two on their own won't hack it) because they object to the few that actually affect themselves.  I'd suggest that you might consider not spending your spare time licking doorknobs, but I'd hate to interfere with your freedoms.

Away and gie us peace. 

We adopted "a wide package of measures" in 2020 and the vast majority were willing to tolerate this until a better solution was found. 

Then a massive vaccine development program delivered the goods and governments pledged that we would have normality back when the vulnerable were given jabs.

Then it was all adults.

Then it was 16-18 year olds as well.

And now it's an indefinite set of restrictions and/or breaches of basic medical privacy until a respiratory virus magically goes away. 

That you are so fucking supine that you cannot draw a line somewhere between now and twelve months ago is your own problem. 

Edited by vikingTON