Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Incredible stuff from NS this morning. Speaking about the Janey Godley debacle and her historic tweets, she said "these things happen". NS has had a shocking few weeks yet I'm sure the cult members will be along soon to justify her flippant tone about racist/homophobic tweets 🙄

Did she aye?

Unusually, I have to agree with your conclusion on this from personal experience.
Last springtime, I attended a Freedom Rally against lockdown measures and actually agreed to be a secondary speaker. The Rally was led by an SNP councillor from Lanarkshire who was very articulate. Doubt if he’s still in the SNP.
Anyway, it became very apparent that the bulk of the protesters were anti-Vaxers or eco warriors along with every type of conspiracy theorist  imaginable.
I quickly realised that those people, although very friendly towards me, were not the kind of bedfellows I wanted to be associated with.
Oaksoft - be warned.
A speaker at a Scotland Against Lockdown rally. The mask has well and truly slipped. You are 100% anti vax or is this another Walter Mitty fantasy to go with all the rest.

2 hours ago, Buzz Killington said:

Possibly. She is a weegie. 

Get her cancelled.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Professor Madeupshit of the University of Narnia.

Dentist to trade?

29 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Did she aye?

@thereisapairofpishyfrillyknickers

55 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So chatting to the NHSInform people on the webchat help thingy it looks like they have a large number of people who also can't login despite having registered.

The help number to report this error tells me (after several minutes of shite going through options) that I should access my passport through the website.........which doesn't work even though I'm registered and I use the username it tells me I'm registered under. Fabulous.

Surprised to see you surrendering to the health Nazis tbh.

36 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
Unusually, I have to agree with your conclusion on this from personal experience.
Last springtime, I attended a Freedom Rally against lockdown measures and actually agreed to be a secondary speaker. The Rally was led by an SNP councillor from Lanarkshire who was very articulate. Doubt if he’s still in the SNP.
Anyway, it became very apparent that the bulk of the protesters were anti-Vaxers or eco warriors along with every type of conspiracy theorist  imaginable.
I quickly realised that those people, although very friendly towards me, were not the kind of bedfellows I wanted to be associated with.
Oaksoft - be warned.

A speaker at a Scotland Against Lockdown rally. The mask has well and truly slipped. You are 100% anti vax or is this another Walter Mitty fantasy to go with all the rest.

Do you actually read what I say?

I actually thought you were reasonably intelligent, albeit of a different political persuasion.

I rest my case.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Prepared to be corrected but I believe everyone over 18 should have had 2 vaccines long before the end of September. Even allowing for catching it and delaying one or other jag for 2 weeks.

If you’ve read anything above you’ll know that’s not the case, 24 year old here not due my second till the 28th.

First was originally 13/07 but had to delay till 03/08 due to picking up covid in July. 

3 others in the thread in the same boat, aswell.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
Do you actually read what I say?
I actually thought you were reasonably intelligent, albeit of a different political persuasion.
I rest my case.

So who organised the Rally you were asked to speak at.

Having seen a few of these "rallies" around the country, the answer would appear to be, "nobody".

The guidance is 8 weeks but provided it's more than 28 days you should have no issue showing up to a drop-in clinic. I got a call from the vaccine mob in Inverness inviting me to mine well before 8 weeks.

I spoke to her for a bit and she said obviously they would prefer the guidance be followed but it is unavoidable for some folk, like offshore workers or people travelling. If in doubt, tell them you work offshore [emoji2369]

Duly noted. Thanks :-)

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

1 in 45 infected in Scotland in the last week, surely that is a massive over estimate especially given the level of testing. That's quite literally several people with Covid living in every street in the Country.

I've been wondering this for a while. It seems like most weeks it's been around 1 in 70/80 recently. With obviously a massive jump forward now.

By my calculations we're on week 76 of lockdown. Assuming levels have been somewhere around 1 in 80 people throughout that whole time (which I appreciate is a big assumption) then we must be talking at in excess of 80 percent of the population having had Covid? (according to this measure).

One of the P&B lads who is better at stats can dig into a bit more accurately (or tell me how wrong I am). But we must be well beyond the 'herd immunity' threshold by now?

Not a good day for deaths, hospital admissions and a shocker for vaccinations. However cases on the fall in many areeas.

Daily Summary for @oaksoft Deaths 22 (12 day before),  ICU cases 82 down 5.75% (12 new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid 977 Up 5.28% (158 new admissions).    Unfortunately 17 cases left ICU and went to the morgue hence that decline.

Daily Cases Update: Static seems to be the position.  Mongolia had a slight decline to 779.7 so we stay on top of the world at 814.5 per 100K

Hattonrigg in North Lanarkshire is now the place to dodge with a infectious rate of 2617 per 100K. 

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines   2,765 to 1,723 ,  2nd vaccines  7,570 to 5,030

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 1st September to 7th September  were  44,355 to 44,519 up 0.37%, Positivity was 12.7% now 12.6%.  Cases per 100K were  811.5 now 814.5

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  383.6 to 392.1 up 2.22%, England 330.7 to 338.3 up 2.30%, Wales 513.4 to 534.5 up 4.11%, Northern Ireland  531.4 to 541.0 up 1.80%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 351.4 (weekly change up 64%),   Switzerland 223.0 (weekly change up 10%), Ireland  193.9 (Weekly change -16%),  Norway 182.5 (weekly change up 2%), Greece 153.0 (Weekly change -21%), Bosnia 137.9 (Weekly change up 24%),  These are still the only countries over 135 cases per 100K   

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Dunbartonshire  1258.8 to 1317.6  Up over 9% in 2 days which is not what you want at top of table.

North Lanarkshire    1228.2 to 1198.0  2nd day falling

Inverclyde   1177.0 to 1148.5  2nd day falling  

Renfrewshire  1129.4 to 1090.4

East Renfrewshire   1084.7 to 1068.1  2nd day falling

Glasgow City  1027.0 to 1032.7  2nd day falling

South Lanarkshire 992.1 to 983.1

Clackmannanshire 998.2 to 969.0 

East Dunbartonshire   993.1 to 957.2  2nd day falling

Midlothian  895.3 to 882.4 

North Ayrshire    843.2 to 872.3 

Dundee City   837.9 to 843.3

Fife   806.7 to 836.3 

Falkirk  835.2 to 830.2  

BELOW AVERAGE

West Lothian  779.0 to 814.4

East Ayrshire   738.5 to 793.6  up a rather large 7.46%

Argyll & Bute   797.1 to 781.9  2nd day falling

City Of Edinburgh   727.4 to 718.7  2nd day falling 

South Ayrshire    697.3 to 707.2  

Stirling    669.6 to 688.8 

Aberdeenshire    579.0 to 628.5   Up over 16% in 2 days.  Fastest climber.

Highlands   610.4 to 608.2

East Lothian   619.1 to 590.4  Faster dropper quite a few days in a row.

Aberdeen City    543.1 to 570.2  Up 5% on the day. 

Dumfries & Galloway   561.1 to 567.8

Angus   561.2 to 542.2    

Scottish  Borders  485.1 to 469.5

Perth & Kinross   371.3 to 383.1

Shetland Islands 288.6 to 310.5

Moray  261.2 to 246.6 

Western Isles     207.5 to 177.4

Orkney Islands     133.9 to 147.3

Edited by superbigal

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

What does the government do when vaccine passports don't lead to a decline in case numbers? Presumably start banning everything and shutting down the economy again. 

They have managed to ensure there will be a reduction in case numbers after the introduction of vaccine passports by introducing them on the day that cases began to level off with nearly no restrictions. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Incredible stuff from NS this morning. Speaking about the Janey Godley debacle and her historic tweets, she said "these things happen". NS has had a shocking few weeks yet I'm sure the cult members will be along soon to justify her flippant tone about racist/homophobic tweets 🙄

Ah'm no' a cult member but ...

Actually, she said "these things happen" in relation to the government not spotting the tweets prior to hiring Godley.  Whether that could be judged a flippant response to an embarrassing oversight is another matter.

On the tweets themselves she said they were "completely unacceptable, completely beyond the pale and I would not in any way, shape or form seek to defend them".  That doesn't seem particularly flippant to me.