Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I don't think it's particularly incongrous to see most people on a forum for football fans opposed to vaccine passports while support for the government introducing them increases.

Most people in Scotland will never go to a football match or a nightclub or any of the other events that will require a vaccine passport.  I imagine if the Scottish government had announced that nightclubs had to stay closed until there are zero cases and that all football matches should be behind closed doors indefintely then most people wouldn't care.  In fact, I've had colleagues say to me that these things should happen.  It's easy to support measures that aren't going to impact you.  Throughout the pandemic a significant number of people have pivoted to the view that the spread of the virus is being caused by bad behaviour from other people.

Aye but they will be fucked when she adds pubs and restaurants in a month or two. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

They might be more likely to transmit the virus because they're walking around, beetroot-faced, huffing and puffing all the time.

They're more likely to be sitting on the sofa eating pies surely?

17 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Taken from here - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-mandatory-vaccine-certification/

As someone aged 18+ who can’t get their second dose until the 28th of September I’m absolutely fizzing about this. I’m already unhappy at the law being passed for ethical reasons but this totally fucks me over.

Already bought tickets for the Scotland game only 11 days after my second vaccine. Does this mean I won’t be allowed to go? Through no fault of my own.

I cannot stress this enough, f**k this government. 

Absolutely delighted I cancelled my Green Party membership, clearly shown they don’t have any backbone and don’t stand by the views that they supposedly have.

I'm in the exact same boat. Had to cancel my first appointment because I had covid and you need to wait the 28 days and then I was moving house so I was obviously short on free time. I went and got the vaccine as quickly as I could and I'll get the 2nd dose as quickly as I can as well but this will be the day before the game so it's too late. I'm probably being selfish but I don't think it's fair punishing people with these restrictions of vaccine passports when some folk can't really help that they haven't had 2 doses yet

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're more likely to be sitting on the sofa eating pies surely?

Do Greggs do deliveries?

Vaccine passports could be extended if needed – Dowden

08:03 , Lamiat Sabin

The government will look at extending the use of vaccine passports if there is a “public health need” to do so, Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden has said.

He told Sky News the government “want as few restrictions for as short a period as possible”.

But, he added if the Covid outbreak worsens, ministers will consider requiring vaccine certification to attend more venues to “protect” the public.

How long until I need to use a passport to access my local M&S Foodhall? I'm guessing March 2022.

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Also, as far as those supporting the 'just lie about being exempt' bollox are concerned, I suppose the selfish will do anything to undermine public health if they think they are being 'clever'.  Hopefully the system will negate that stupidity. Infectious diseases are too serious to piss about with. 

There is a certain irony in someone claiming that an individual that lies about being exempt is undermining public health attending an outdoor event whilst our government introduces useless measures and continues to use the FACT message. 

Absolute pantomime policies from a government that have shown what happens when you have authoritarian tendencies and are required to act in rational ways.

Covid passports are not only invasive bit they do not serve any purpose in keeping people safe.

50 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Who is more selfish?

Those who want to avoid the government restricting their law abiding lives in any way or those who want everyone to be inconvenienced because it helps them feel safer?

There's no moral high ground to be claimed here.

So quit doing it.

Actually, there is a moral high ground here. Giving deliberately untrue information to avoid a responsibility, or that places others at risk, would be the actions of an irresponsible dickhead.  Don't knock the importance of feeling safe, btw, mkst folk generally prefer it. 

It's kind of hard to claim to be following a law abiding life while ignoring the law. By all means argue to change it though. 

6 minutes ago, strichener said:

Covid passports are not only invasive bit they do not serve any purpose in keeping people safe.

This is the crux of it for me. Same with facemasks, you can't question someone's exemption. There has been so much of the guidance from the very start that has been about seeming to do something rather than actually being of any benefit. Going right back to the leave the house once a day for exercise. It was safer going out at 7am and 9pm when there was no fucker about than it was to go out in the middle of the day when everyone was out. It's just the latest in a long line of utter tripe. 

5 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Actually, there is a moral high ground here. Giving deliberately untrue information to avoid a responsibility, or that places others at risk, would be the actions of an irresponsible dickhead.  Don't knock the importance of feeling safe, btw, mkst folk generally prefer it. 

It's kind of hard to claim to be following a law abiding life while ignoring the law. By all means argue to change it though. 

Are you trying to tell me that anyone who was on the fence about going to something like Scotland v Israel because they didn't feel safe, will suddenly think 'yip, definitely going now, this is 100% safe' because of vaccine passports. 

Go to the football to stand outdoors = vaccine passport needed. 

10 minutes earlier cramming to onto a train carriage like tinned fish to get there = no vaccine passport needed. 

Utterly futile. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

What does the government do when vaccine passports don't lead to a decline in case numbers? Presumably start banning everything and shutting down the economy again. 

I've not been following the debate as watching Scottish politicians is too depressing but there have apparently been hints of this here and there - vaccine passports to prevent lockdowns.

10 minutes ago, Michael W said:

What does the government do when vaccine passports don't lead to a decline in case numbers? Presumably start banning everything and shutting down the economy again. 

Not without furlough from the UK Government, or providing the support themselves, which they don’t have the funds to do.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Prepared to be corrected but I believe everyone over 18 should have had 2 vaccines long before the end of September. Even allowing for catching it and delaying one or other jag for 2 weeks.

That’s damned near heretical on here.

Accurate, but still…

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Prepared to be corrected but I believe everyone over 18 should have had 2 vaccines long before the end of September. Even allowing for catching it and delaying one or other jag for 2 weeks.

Sounds about right. Who are the vaccine passports actually benefitting in that case? The unvaccinated population will be a small minority.