Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 hours ago, Left Back said:

This is basically why she detests him.  She would never use the phrase but she describes him as the c***s c**t.

He treated all the parliament staff like shit.

I don't understand people like that.

In the course of my lifetime I've met loads of folk I didn't like and a few that I really disliked, but I (usually) treated them with the courtesy I would expect to be treated with myself. Maybe ran them down behind their backs with likeminded friends but that would have been the height of it.

I have heard lots of people say on social media that Patrick Harvie is a self-important, pompous man but put that down to my feed being filled with Yoon-pilled SNPbad content.  Having said that the same people said Janey Godley was awful and Alex Salmond was a creep so perhaps a stopped clock is right multiple times a day after all.

I think I also read somewhere that the Greens put Lorna Slater to the fore during this years election campaign because there was an awareness that Harvie rubbed voters up the wrong way.

16 minutes ago, 101 said:

Sensible as usual.

My friends who don't like football are incredulous at football fans complaining. But if I'm honest vaccine passports won't effect me other than going to the Israel game and I trust the SFA will go over kill with the number of stewards to make sure there is no blame attributed to them, but a large company like the SFA should have no problem implementing these checks it's a glance at a bit paper or a phone screen.

unlike your friends, i do like football but i'm in no way surprised by the attitude of fans, as they are inherently a bunch of moaning faced twats. 

19 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

unlike your friends, i do like football but i'm in no way surprised by the attitude of fans, as they are inherently a bunch of moaning faced twats. 

Folk go on about others having a sense of entitlement.  There's few folk more irrational about their expectations than football supporters! 

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

You do realise the vast, vast majority of people don't care whether they have to beep a screen to access a venue. This is nothing like the Poll Tax. I am neither for them or against and the majority of people will be the same. Those vehemently against passports are the same handful vehemently against masking and before that SD and lockdowns. It's a handful and on this thread as usual they have an echo chamber thus lulling them into believing that a few guys on a football forum speak for the mood of the nation. You just need to see both channels vox pop on the evening news. Outside the Biffy gig interviewing predominantly under 25s and at worst their was an acceptance / apathy and the majority actually supported the VPs which surprised me. It's happening all over Europe and Biden announced similar in the US last night.
We need to realise C19 is going nowhere and govts are not going to "let it rip". I am not necessarily supporting the policy but as hardships go over the last 18 months this is pretty minor for the huge majority who have been double jabbed. Yes shit if the start date is before your 2nd dose but that would be the case for someone no matter when this started.

BTW I assume you were one of the 30 or so protesting outside the parliament yesterday ? Unsurprisingly they were anti vax as well as anti passport. When are you organising the next mass protest given this is your "poll tax" moment ?

Unusually, I have to agree with your conclusion on this from personal experience.

Last springtime, I attended a Freedom Rally against lockdown measures and actually agreed to be a secondary speaker. The Rally was led by an SNP councillor from Lanarkshire who was very articulate. Doubt if he’s still in the SNP.

Anyway, it became very apparent that the bulk of the protesters were anti-Vaxers or eco warriors along with every type of conspiracy theorist  imaginable.

I quickly realised that those people, although very friendly towards me, were not the kind of bedfellows I wanted to be associated with.

Oaksoft - be warned.

Taken from here - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-mandatory-vaccine-certification/
As someone aged 18+ who can’t get their second dose until the 28th of September I’m absolutely fizzing about this. I’m already unhappy at the law being passed for ethical reasons but this totally fucks me over.
Already bought tickets for the Scotland game only 11 days after my second vaccine. Does this mean I won’t be allowed to go? Through no fault of my own.
I cannot stress this enough, f**k this government. 
Absolutely delighted I cancelled my Green Party membership, clearly shown they don’t have any backbone and don’t stand by the views that they supposedly have.
I'm in the same boat as you. I bought the season ticket for the Scotland games but I'm not due my 2nd vaccine until the 3rd week of October.

I'm absolutely raging about this. I'm very much in favour of the vaccine but for the SG to introduce this with less than 8 weeks notice, to allow anyone unvaccinated to get both doses in time for the passports really throws lots of people under the bus. I have a Dundee United season ticket too, but looks like I won't be able to attend games from the 1st October until possibly mid November.

Also, I've heard through the grapevine that you can get your 2nd dose early so long as you wait at least 3 weeks, and turn up at the end of the day at a mass vaccination centre when they tend to have leftover jabs that would otherwise be going in the bin. Can anyone confirm this to be at least somewhat true?

The guidance is 8 weeks but provided it's more than 28 days you should have no issue showing up to a drop-in clinic. I got a call from the vaccine mob in Inverness inviting me to mine well before 8 weeks.

I spoke to her for a bit and she said obviously they would prefer the guidance be followed but it is unavoidable for some folk, like offshore workers or people travelling. If in doubt, tell them you work offshore [emoji2369]

2 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

The guidance is 8 weeks but provided it's more than 28 days you should have no issue showing up to a drop-in clinic. I got a call from the vaccine mob in Inverness inviting me to mine well before 8 weeks.

I spoke to her for a bit and she said obviously they would prefer the guidance be followed but it is unavoidable for some folk, like offshore workers or people travelling. If in doubt, tell them you work offshore emoji2369.png

Or going on holiday.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Correct me if I'm wrong Welshy but I'm pretty sure they don't have to check 50,000 bags at Hampden.

It's not the same thing at all.

Neither is your laughable comparison with your experience at Clach. 🤣

It will take the same time as temperature checking which they also do at Grant Street and even bigger venues I believe.

Edited by welshbairn

A woman in my work just confidently told us all that 25% of all people worldwide who tested positive for The Rona have died. 

Edit:  We have now pointed out to her the UK rate is lower than 2%. So she’s now telling us ( quite incorrectly) how averages work. 

Edited by Buzz Killington

Listened to Green cretin Ross Greer on the radio yesterday explaining why he was about to vote "reluctantly" in favour of vaccine passports. In short, he had opposed them previously, before he was vaccinated. Now he has been vaccinated, he's voting for them. 

Just now, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

If we denied hospital treatment to fatties there would be plenty of room for covid patients. Most of them chose to eat unhealthily and do no exercise, and I don't see why the rest of society should suffer because of their selfishness.

Yeah! And the smokers and drinkers and can gtf as well. 

Hospital places should be reserved for the fit and healthy. 

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Listened to Green cretin Ross Greer on the radio yesterday explaining why he was about to vote "reluctantly" in favour of vaccine passports. In short, he had opposed them previously, before he was vaccinated. Now he has been vaccinated, he's voting for them. 

He was also against them until Pat and Lorna were given a couple of wee Ministerial positions. 

I doubt his apparently selfish excuse is the real reason. 

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

To be fair I did acknowledge that was part of the problem with these protests.

Vaccine passports probably won't get enough people upset until it starts to seriously affect the things they actually like.

In the meantime, as a nation we'll enjoy the opportunity to kick down and sneer at those we see as being beneath us - football fans and young people.

I suppose there are always going to be people who have no problem unquestioningly bending over and letting governments interfere with their day to day lives as long as they are being promised "protection". The cosy fireside dwellers will always be in a majority. The comfy fire will always be there right?

If vaccine passports were somehow required to access TV or the internet you'd soon see those same people howling.

1718883858_tenor(1).gif.4e358cfa913ec799527d3b556606c988.gif

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

My season ticket for Clachnacuddin is a QR code, it's quicker than handing over a tenner and getting £2 change ffs. Talk about lovejoys, how will they possible cope!?!

Scotland vs Moldova was a shambles last time getting in, quite a few missed the goal due to the issues.