Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Will be interesting going to that game next month how they will cope with over 50,000 people queuing up with vaccine passports. 

The SFA should be asking people to link it to their QR code in advance to in effect "activate" the QR code and then the small number of people who are getting their second dose on the day of the game can visit the stadium in advance to get their codes activated.

Really isn't rocket science, either that or have an outer perimeter of vaccine checks and bag checks and then the turnstiles beyond that.

Got to feel for those people who have season tickets and now face not getting to the games they've paid for.
I always had the SNP and the Greens down as having principles.
Both have shown themselves to be no better than Johnson's mob at Westminster.
They say one thing and then change their minds within weeks. You just can't trust them on anything.
Vaccine passports have crossed a line.
Wonder how long it'll take them to realise this could be the SNP's poll tax moment.
I just don't understand why these people won't fucking listen and won't fucking think through the consequences of anything for more than 5 seconds.
You do realise the vast, vast majority of people don't care whether they have to beep a screen to access a venue. This is nothing like the Poll Tax. I am neither for them or against and the majority of people will be the same. Those vehemently against passports are the same handful vehemently against masking and before that SD and lockdowns. It's a handful and on this thread as usual they have an echo chamber thus lulling them into believing that a few guys on a football forum speak for the mood of the nation. You just need to see both channels vox pop on the evening news. Outside the Biffy gig interviewing predominantly under 25s and at worst their was an acceptance / apathy and the majority actually supported the VPs which surprised me. It's happening all over Europe and Biden announced similar in the US last night.
We need to realise C19 is going nowhere and govts are not going to "let it rip". I am not necessarily supporting the policy but as hardships go over the last 18 months this is pretty minor for the huge majority who have been double jabbed. Yes shit if the start date is before your 2nd dose but that would be the case for someone no matter when this started.

BTW I assume you were one of the 30 or so protesting outside the parliament yesterday ? Unsurprisingly they were anti vax as well as anti passport. When are you organising the next mass protest given this is your "poll tax" moment ?

30 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

My advice to anyone without a vaccine passport who is going to Hampden to say that they are exempt on medical grounds. There is no way the stewards would question you.

People with medical exemptions will still have a vaccine passport will they not? It will just say "exempt" as opposed to "vaccinated"

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

People with medical exemptions will still have a vaccine passport will they not? It will just say "exempt" as opposed to "vaccinated"

I'm not sure that the government know how this draconian authoritarian measure is going to work so I wouldn't guarantee that it will be in place ready for the end of this month.

You could be right. I just don't know. 😀

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

My season ticket for Clachnacuddin is a QR code, it's quicker than handing over a tenner and getting £2 change ffs. Talk about lovejoys, how will they possible cope!?!

Aye, because a couple of hundred folk at Clach and 50,000 at Hampden, a fair amount of whom will have had a couple of shandies, is the same thing. 

I'm not by any means anti-vax and I'm fully vaccinated myself but this is a totally Draconian measure, that, at the end of the day, is totally unenforceable. The Scotland v Israel game and probably most football matches will end up with the stewards just letting everyone in regardless as there will be no time to check everyone's QR codes. Folk will be able to get a random vaccine passport on their phone from a mate if they need to. As I say, it's a completely unenforceable bit of legislation which in turn makes it useless so what is the fucking point in it. 

It'll end up the same as mask wearing where folk just say 'I'm exempt' if they can't be arsed wearing one. 

22 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

That’s my understanding. No one will get entry without presenting their QR code as those exempt will also use the app to prove status.

Aye, because a couple of hundred folk at Clach and 50,000 at Hampden, a fair amount of whom will have had a couple of shandies, is the same thing. 

I'm not by any means anti-vax and I'm fully vaccinated myself but this is a totally Draconian measure, that, at the end of the day, is totally unenforceable. The Scotland v Israel game and probably most football matches will end up with the stewards just letting everyone in regardless as there will be no time to check everyone's QR codes. Folk will be able to get a random vaccine passport on their phone from a mate if they need to. As I say, it's a completely unenforceable bit of legislation which in turn makes it useless so what is the fucking point in it. 

It'll end up the same as mask wearing where folk just say 'I'm exempt' if they can't be arsed wearing one. 
Surely like the Euros a cordon away from the Stadium will be in place with a simple point of a reader at the QR code. Should take a second IF it works. That's where a backlash to this will happen ie if the technology (simple and been in place for years) doesn't work and if it doesn't folk have every right to complain. Also won't help if 40 if the 50k rock up 10m before ko as is their want normally. In that instance people have no one to blame but themselves.
Before you ask yes I do have tickets but I'm hopeful it will work as hoped given this sort of technology and software has been around for yonks.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Surely like the Euros a cordon away from the Stadium will be in place with a simple point of a reader at the QR code. Should take a second IF it works. That's where a backlash to this will happen ie if the technology (simple and been in place for years) doesn't work and if it doesn't folk have every right to complain. Also won't help if 40 if the 50k rock up 10m before ko as is their want normally. In that instance people have no one to blame but themselves.
Before you ask yes I do have tickets but I'm hopeful it will work as hoped given this sort of technology and software has been around for yonks.

I can't see that they will be able to link vaccine passports to tickets though and there will be nothing to stop a 20 year old turning up with his grandads vaccine passport as they won't be checking names and ID's, as I say, it's totally unenforceable, hence, useless. 

I can't see that they will be able to link vaccine passports to tickets though and there will be nothing to stop a 20 year old turning up with his grandads vaccine passport as they won't be checking names and ID's, as I say, it's totally unenforceable, hence, useless. 
Absolutely and it was two separate "swipes" at the Euros one at a cordon a few hundred meters away then the ticket barcode at the turnstiles. It should work and of course if some want to game the system there will be ways, always is.

If people can normally turn up 10 minutes before kick off and get in, and the reason they can't this time is because of an ill-judged government policy, then in fact there is someone other than them who is to blame.
To be fair it's not something I do so I'm speaking from anecdotal evidence after previous big games about huge queues outside and folk missing part of the game. Seem to see these sort of posts pretty regularly on various clubs threads and that usually seems to stem from a large % turning up just in time for ko.

8 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

If folk think they might be in such a state that they can't get into a football stadium, maybe they could have a think about coming up with a way a way of improving their 'condition' on the day to make access more likely. 

It might not be easy to watch Scotland matches sober, but it is certainly possible!  If I can survive watching the 1-0 against Moldova on TV with no alcohol, a few feet from the kitchen and its supply of cold lagers and bottles of malt, it really can't be hard for folk to get a grip. 

Seriously folks, if we decide that social and/or sporting activities must be organised in such a way that they can only go ahead if someone off their tits on bevvy can participate, the country's relationship with booze is even more f#cked than some think.  If someone is in such a state they can't press a button on their phone, I don't want them siting next to me or my family. 

Also, as far as those supporting the 'just lie about being exempt' bollox are concerned, I suppose the selfish will do anything to undermine public health if they think they are being 'clever'.  Hopefully the system will negate that stupidity. Infectious diseases are too serious to piss about with. 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Yes shit if the start date is before your 2nd dose but that would be the case for someone no matter when this started.

No this is wrong as they’ve not given everyone the chance. There are people who for different reasons have not yet been vaccinated (recently given birth or had Covid when appointments were scheduled so had to wait an extra 4 weeks as a couple of examples) and now won’t be by the time they bring this in because they’ve only given 4/5 weeks notice. If someone goes for their vaccine 1st dose today they’ve got 10 weeks to wait until fully vaccinated, so that’s 5/6 weeks they’ll be excluded from society. If they want to introduce things like this they need to give appropriate time for everyone to get vaccinated in time. That they haven’t is a government failing.

24 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Also won't help if 40 if the 50k rock up 10m before ko as is their want normally. In that instance people have no one to blame but themselves.

This is nonsense. If people attending an event want to turn up before kick off the same they have done for their entire lives, and a poorly thought out government policy restricts that, it is not the individual who is to blame. Protect the SG stuff at its finest here.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There will be an equivalent at any newspaper (except the National).

Reached out to a mate who works at a Scottish media company.

He won’t have the final say but he’s going to ask around to see if anyone will run a story, will keep you updated.

Seen at least 2 folk on here affected, 1 other of my mates and a few folk on the Tartan Army Facebook page too.

This is nonsense. If people attending an event want to turn up before kick off the same they have done for their entire lives, and a poorly thought out government policy restricts that, it is not the individual who is to blame. Protect the SG stuff at its finest here.
Pish the huge queues outside Hampden thing at KO has been moaned about for decades. We are now bickering about something that hasn't actually happened and might not but it's been happening for a long time pre Covid which was nowt to do with govt policy. Simple common sense tells you if thousands turn up en masse minutes before ko, some will not get in on time and that's without additional checks. We see it week in week out even at Saints with a few thousand there, same folk getting everyone out their seats 5m into the game as they push by moaning loudly about the queues outside but at Ayr I agree probably not an issue.

I don't think it's particularly incongrous to see most people on a forum for football fans opposed to vaccine passports while support for the government introducing them increases.

Most people in Scotland will never go to a football match or a nightclub or any of the other events that will require a vaccine passport.  I imagine if the Scottish government had announced that nightclubs had to stay closed until there are zero cases and that all football matches should be behind closed doors indefintely then most people wouldn't care.  In fact, I've had colleagues say to me that these things should happen.  It's easy to support measures that aren't going to impact you.  Throughout the pandemic a significant number of people have pivoted to the view that the spread of the virus is being caused by bad behaviour from other people.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

...... .

Well, I suppose that's one way of looking at it. A more rational view might be that if someone knows well in advance that access might take longer, it might be sensible to turn up earlier.  Just insisting 'I've turned up 15 minutes before kick-off for years, and I'm not changing now' is just infantile nonsense, IMO.

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I think we need to brace ourselves for the possibility of major street protests and outbreaks of violent disorder over this.

Most people probably will just groan and accept this but a significant minority might be pushed to breaking point.

:lol:

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I don't think it's particularly incongrous to see most people on a forum for football fans opposed to vaccine passports while support for the government introducing them increases.

Most people in Scotland will never go to a football match or a nightclub or any of the other events that will require a vaccine passport.  I imagine if the Scottish government had announced that nightclubs had to stay closed until there are zero cases and that all football matches should be behind closed doors indefintely then most people wouldn't care.  In fact, I've had colleagues say to me that these things should happen.  It's easy to support measures that aren't going to impact you.  Throughout the pandemic a significant number of people have pivoted to the view that the spread of the virus is being caused by bad behaviour from other people.

Sensible as usual.

My friends who don't like football are incredulous at football fans complaining. But if I'm honest vaccine passports won't effect me other than going to the Israel game and I trust the SFA will go over kill with the number of stewards to make sure there is no blame attributed to them, but a large company like the SFA should have no problem implementing these checks it's a glance at a bit paper or a phone screen.

22 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
34 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
If people can normally turn up 10 minutes before kick off and get in, and the reason they can't this time is because of an ill-judged government policy, then in fact there is someone other than them who is to blame.

To be fair it's not something I do so I'm speaking from anecdotal evidence after previous big games about huge queues outside and folk missing part of the game. Seem to see these sort of posts pretty regularly on various clubs threads and that usually seems to stem from a large % turning up just in time for ko.

Any time i've ever been cought in a big queue outside and missed the start of a game, it's always without fail becuase my mates have tried to stay in the pub as long as possible before going to the ground, the fact that the bar is still rammed 20 mins before kick of with folk getting one last round in tells a story