Coronavirus (COVID-19)

39 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Vaccine passports are a bad idea being implemented terribly.    It should not be in the decent majority to show the are vaxed. If we’re going after anti vax c***s let’s do it properly.    Refuse treatment,   Huge fines and possible imprisonments for publishing mis-information etc.     Let’s make sure these wankers are uncomfortable, not the decent folks.

Screenshot_20210910-001053_Photos.thumb.jpg.3b00aaeac44b17f9af2d1ddd997c1e8b.jpg

Are the government going to support places that are going to have to bring in additional measures to ensure people have vaccine passports. For example, the club's that have +10.000 supporters, are they going to subsidise the additional stewarding, logistics etc that managing this will require. As it's obviously a 'public health matter' that they require these additional costs, and that it's 'in the best interests of the country'. Surely the govt should be paying for it. 

The scheme will require a person seeking entry to certain venues and settings to show that they have been fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means vaccinated with a MHRA recognised vaccine in line with the MHRA recommended number of doses for the vaccine used and two weeks has passed for the vaccine to take effect 

Taken from here - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-mandatory-vaccine-certification/
As someone aged 18+ who can’t get their second dose until the 28th of September I’m absolutely fizzing about this. I’m already unhappy at the law being passed for ethical reasons but this totally fucks me over.
Already bought tickets for the Scotland game only 11 days after my second vaccine. Does this mean I won’t be allowed to go? Through no fault of my own.
I cannot stress this enough, f**k this government. 
Absolutely delighted I cancelled my Green Party membership, clearly shown they don’t have any backbone and don’t stand by the views that they supposedly have.
I'm in the same boat as you. I bought the season ticket for the Scotland games but I'm not due my 2nd vaccine until the 3rd week of October.

I'm absolutely raging about this. I'm very much in favour of the vaccine but for the SG to introduce this with less than 8 weeks notice, to allow anyone unvaccinated to get both doses in time for the passports really throws lots of people under the bus. I have a Dundee United season ticket too, but looks like I won't be able to attend games from the 1st October until possibly mid November.

Also, I've heard through the grapevine that you can get your 2nd dose early so long as you wait at least 3 weeks, and turn up at the end of the day at a mass vaccination centre when they tend to have leftover jabs that would otherwise be going in the bin. Can anyone confirm this to be at least somewhat true?

17 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I am just looking forward to either the Scotland v Israel game kicking off at 10.30pm or kicking off in front of 10,000 folk. f**k me, Hampden can't deal with everyone turning up 20 mins before the game under normal circumstances. Never mind this fucking nonsense. 

If they can check bags at Hampden I'm pretty sure they can scan a QR code.

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Clearly the sentiment on this thread isn’t shared more widely - today’s poll has the SNP up 3% on the Holyrood constituency vote to 51%.

FAKE NEWS!!!!!

Everyone knows that the couple of dozen anti SG/SNP posters on here speak for the whole of Scotland.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

When was the last time you were at Hampden for a capacity game. I've turned up 20 mins before kick off and not got in on time under normal circumstances trying to get into the North Stand. 

Maybe it was different because it was Aberdeen but it was an absolute shitshow. With essentially having to get everyone into the stadium twice you are looking at getting 100,000 folk in. Are they going to have a perimeter to do the double jagging nonsense then you get in with your ticket or are they going to do double Jag at the turnstile then ticket. Folk will be half cut. Not be able to find the QR code etc etc. It's going to be a shambles. 

Or, they don't give a f**k and just let everyone with a ticket in, negating the whole idea. 

30 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:
33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I didn't have any checks at Hampden for Scotland vs Moldova. None at all. It was a shambles tbf

Will be interesting going to that game next month how they will cope with over 50,000 people queuing up with vaccine passports. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Vaccine passports are a bad idea being implemented terribly.    It should not be in the decent majority to show the are vaxed. If we’re going after anti vax c***s let’s do it properly.    Refuse treatment,   Huge fines and possible imprisonments for publishing mis-information etc.     Let’s make sure these wankers are uncomfortable, not the decent folks.

Aye, we could maybe paint big f**k off stars on the windows, make sure everyone knows who they are.

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

You realise that not everyone who hasn't been vaccinated yet is an anti-vaxxer, don't you?

We are a nation of bat b*****ds with an appalling relationship with food and alcohol.
That's the truth of it I'm afraid.
It's not news really. We've had the nickname of the "sick man of Europe" for decades.
All those pies and pints are starting to hit home.
And then we have the bare fucking cheek to wonder why the NHS struggles with demand.
That would explain death / severe illness but not levels of infection.