Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Daily Summary for @oaksoft Deaths 12 (17 day before),  ICU cases 87 Up 6.10% (8 new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid 928 Up 5.10% (129 new admissions).  

Daily Cases Update: Static seems to be the position.  Mongolia had a slight decline so we stay on top of the world at 811.5 per 100K

Balmalloch (Kilsyth) in North Lanarkshire is still the place to dodge with a infectious rate of 2499 per 100K. 

Vaccine figures are dogshit

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines   2,349 to 2,765 ,  2nd vaccines   6,731 to 7,570

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 31st August to 6th September  were  44,131 to 44,355 up 0.51%, Positivity was 12.7% now 12.7%.  Cases per 100K were  807.4 now 811.5

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  370.1 to 377.4 up 1.97%, England 317.0 to 324.9 up 2.49%, Wales 480.6 to 493.0 up 2.58%, Northern Ireland  533.7 to 531.1 down 0.49%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 324.9 (weekly change up 61%),   Switzerland 219.8 (weekly change up 9%), Ireland  203.4 (Weekly change -12%),  Norway 181.0 (weekly change up 2%), Greece 159.5 (Weekly change -20%), Bosnia 130.5 (Weekly change up 15%), France 127.6 (weekly change down 24%), These are still the only main countries over 125 cases per 100K   

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Dunbartonshire    1207.8 to 1258.8  Back to top spot up 4.22%

North Lanarkshire    1251.4 to 1228.2  

Inverclyde  1217.2 to 1177.0  

Renfrewshire  1128.8 to 1129.4

East Renfrewshire   1085.8 to 1084.7  

Glasgow City   1035.2 to 1027.0

Clackmannanshire   969.0 to 998.2 

East Dunbartonshire   995.9 to 993.1 

South Lanarkshire  991.5 to 992.1

Midlothian  893.2 to 895.3 

North Ayrshire   824.6 to 843.2

Dundee City   830.5 to 837.9

Falkirk   835.8 to 835.2  

BELOW AVERAGE

Fife    772.2 to 806.7 

Argyll & Bute   826.4 to 797.1

West Lothian   786.6 to 779.0

East Ayrshire    717.1 to 738.5  

City Of Edinburgh    740.5 to 727.4 

South Ayrshire   717.0 to 697.3  

Stirling   653.7 to 669.6 

East Lothian   638.6 to 619.1

Highlands   590.8 to 610.4

Aberdeenshire   540.7 to 579.0

Angus    557.8 to 561.2    

Dumfries & Galloway   555.7 to 561.1

Aberdeen City   533.5 to 543.1  

Scottish  Borders   467.7 to 485.1

Perth & Kinross    344.3 to 371.3

Shetland Islands 284.2 to 288.6

Moray   242.4 to 261.2 

Western Isles     181.1 to 207.5

Orkney Islands     84.8 to 133.9

Edited by superbigal

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm 36 and in good health. I've never taken it before and I wont start now. If that makes me a selfish kunt then so be it 

Given that you are hardly the target market for a flu jab and the Covid vaccination was not mandated, what makes you think you are going to be forced to have it?

1 minute ago, Aladdin said:

Given that you are hardly the target market for a flu jab and the Covid vaccination was not mandated, what makes you think you are going to be forced to have it?

I was replying to the poster who mentioned talk of mandatory flu vaccines. 

The way they're going about things though nothing would suprise me. As long as big pharma and politicians pals are lining their pockets then theyll milk that for all its worth 

18 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Cant help but think its a wee bit fucked that they arent rolling out the booster jags for the over 50’s etc yet. 

Has any major country said they are?

Considering we had such a big gap between doses I wouldn't be too concerned and that plus the roll out of the flu we are probably in not too bad shape.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Has any major country said they are?

Considering we had such a big gap between doses I wouldn't be too concerned and that plus the roll out of the flu we are probably in not too bad shape.

I dont think we should be waiting for other countries. That said I know a few americans who have had boosters. 

52 minutes ago, strichener said:

That you don't see the contradiction on your word is astonishing.  We don't have Covid passports and yet you have managed to attend all these events.  

Why would you need a Covid passport to continue doing these things?  What evidence is there that allowing vaccinated people to attend events will restrict the spread?

True. But I'll freely admit to a sense of nervousness at these - particularly at the gig and the busy football games (and by that I mean in the concourses). 

A Vaccine Passport will provide some assurances on that front. But chiefly it'll hopefully get a few thousand eejits who read bollocks on Facebook to get jagged.

I spent the majority of 2020 checking on vaccine progress, and it was a massive relief to see the first ones delivered in early Dec last year. The vaccines have got us to where we are today, and I'm sorry, but if those who have refused theirs miss out on going to busy, crowded events, then, sorry, my sympathies will be in short supply.

Evidence on the slowing down of the spread is admittedly, it would seem, fairly non-conclusive, but the infection rate v the death rate is about as conclusive as you can get on the success of the vaccines.

35 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don’t get the flu jab every year but maybe I’m an outlier. To be honest I thought it was only really 70+ people that bothered with it. 

I'm 53 but have been offered it every year since they found I had a blocked artery. I'm 'vulnerable', me.

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

Anger against the unvaccinated is being drummed up by the media just as it is against migrants, people on benefits and other marginalised groups. 

Migrants & those on benefits, at least to me, aren't arseholes though.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don’t get the flu jab every year but maybe I’m an outlier. To be honest I thought it was only really 70+ people that bothered with it. 

Yeah - I get it because I have an underlying condition.  Who is suggesting that flu jabs are going to be mandatory?

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

A Vaccine Passport will provide some assurances on that front. But chiefly it'll hopefully get a few thousand eejits who read bollocks on Facebook to get jagged.I

I've got news for you - vaccines protect the vaccinated.  As said there is some evidence that vaccination reduces transmission however current case numbers should surely be raising questions on whether this is actually the case.  

I still don't see how knowing that everyone at an event is vaccinated reduces your anxiety.  Not that I am for one second advocating for it but surely negative tests would be far more important to you.

4 minutes ago, TheBruce said:

Eh? Anti vax? 5G?

I'm well vaxxed. Don't have a problem with them.

China, SKorea, Japan already have the technology in play and it's not difficult. Only China using it as a means to implement their new social credit system towards the goal of improving the behaviour of it's citizens through rewards and punishments. 

Here, your employer can already monitor everything you do at the work place. From your movement around the office and in and out of the building through swipe cards. Monitor everything you do on your PC. Have a company vehicle with GPS monitoring and so on. Then we have the UK legislation that gives government agencies unfettered access to your technology without due cause or warrant. Then we have the street CCTV.

The future equals no privacy. As each day passes both government and business tech systems are constantly being upgraded and integrated. Boris himself even mentioned it last week in negotiating with some US provider towards that goal. From your shopping habits to your journeys, to your education, credit, medical, criminal records and contacts info and so on, will all be under one banner at the stroke of a computer key. I do get it, but whether I like it, is another matter.

As for nutters, try and debate the points as opposed to the hyperbole. You'll need to get out more. You are a fine example of the fool the government always wanted us to be. You're not alone. We all are to a greater or lesser extent.

giphy.gif