Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I got my second Jag two weeks past Sunday. On the Wednesday my son Lft positive, confirmed by PCR. Saturday my daughter. Wednesday my second daughter. I removed them from school as soon as son positive.

Now my son's almost 13 so pretty much lives in his bedroom anyway but the girls were about me and one sleeps in my bed. My LFT and PCR's have remained negative throughout. So I have to presume the vaccine has held me in good stead.

Wee ones out covid jail on Saturday, it's been a long stint.

Edited by RH33

6 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Flicking channels and Jane Godley advert was on channel 4.

Absolutely gutted.

I saw a guy on twitter yesterday saying that she looks like his sleep paralysis demon and I swear I've stopped dead in my tracks at least once every waking hour ever since to have an uncontrollable belly laugh at it.

14 hours ago, 101 said:

You would hope there is a clause to recover funding should something like this happen.

Fair enough that the theatre employed her their private money to do with as they please. But to hand public funds to someone without checking their past comments is inept in the extreme

Folk calling out Janey Godley's tweets happens every year on Twitter. Her apologies are an annual event like Ed Balls Day. 

Have we got the sweepstake started for when chief mammy announces a new round of restrictions?
If not I’m taking the 21st of September.

Never is my prediction.
Although I can see face coverings hanging about as a compromise until the end of the year for the lovejoys.

October 5th-7th is worth watching to see if they try the classic 'circuit-breaker restrictions' trick for the October break, which lasted, erm, eight months in Glasgow last time. 

If they get past universities returning without shitting the bed then it'll be progress. 

If the vote goes on 'vaccine passports' today goes with 100% SNP voting in favour it really doesn't reflect well on the party at all. I'm in favour myself, but appreciate that there's plenty of dissenting voices around. Surely a handful of SNP MSPs would be inclined to be against them? 

10 minutes ago, Steven W said:

If the vote goes on 'vaccine passports' today goes with 100% SNP voting in favour it really doesn't reflect well on the party at all. I'm in favour myself, but appreciate that there's plenty of dissenting voices around. Surely a handful of SNP MSPs would be inclined to be against them? 

It’s in the SNP constitution that members are not allowed to publicly disagree with or criticise the party.

So any dissenters would basically be for the high jump.

7 minutes ago, Steven W said:

There is zero chance of anyone from the SNP voting against this.  I'd be very surprised if any Greens vote against it.

I think the only thing the vaccine passport effects me with is football grounds but even then, Mcdiarmid isn’t going to exceed 10,000 so I doubt I’ll have much issue with it.

I don’t agree with it myself but it’s evidently coming in.

11 hours ago, anotherchance said:

A 10 minute, sanctimony laden lecture from Granny Danger?

Do I get £10k?  If so I’d be more than happy with this idea.

Who am I kidding, I’d give a sanctimonious lecture for free, but couldn’t promise to restrict it to ten minutes.

13 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think the only thing the vaccine passport effects me with is football grounds but even then, Mcdiarmid isn’t going to exceed 10,000 so I doubt I’ll have much issue with it.

I don’t agree with it myself but it’s evidently coming in.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the SFA throwing a strop and applying it to all Premier League grounds (irrespective of crowd size).

The 10,000 figure will only really affect five clubs and the national team (can't help but think that the 10,000 figure (as opposed 20,000 as is the case in England) was chosen so that it didn't merely affect just 'you know who' - but thats another story) but 'blanket rules' have so often been the case throughout this shitshow.

Proposals for the vaccine certification programme have been published:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-mandatory-vaccine-certification/

ETA: Scheme to go live from 1 October with the app ready by 30 September. Venues will be legally obligated to restrict entry only to those double vaxed. Exemptions apply to under 18s, vaccine trial participants, medically exempt people and employees at the venues.

EATA: This will affect football grounds as even though the thresholds only apply to, among other things, "live events: outdoors unseated 4,000+ in the audience" the SG have defined unseated to mean "events where some audience members are seated and some standing".

Edited by RiG