Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Are you going for vaccines are dangerous now?

Not seeking to criticise, just want to ensure im up to date

Not dangerous.

We still don't know how effective they are yet. We will only find out in the winter.

However the fact that we have more deaths now than the same time 12 months ago is a strong hint that the winter is going not to be plain sailing.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
29 minutes ago, Elixir said:
Cases down again week on week. Test positivity down. It's over.

If you keep saying it you will eventually be right I suppose.

If we weren't testing 1 fucking per cent of our population daily, instead applying a rational approach of only testing those who are severely ill, how many cases, hospitalisations and deaths would we have? Would we even know there was a pandemic?

The word "casedemic" has never been more fitting than it is right now.

2 minutes ago, TheBruce said:

What about the number of Covid hospitalisations and deaths? They are the ultimate measure of how effective the vaxxing has been as serious Covid driven illness and death is the result.

The case number are interesting as trends in any given area, but If all these positive cases don't lead to serious illness or death, then who gives a f**k?

Hospital up 34 to 805 people and the ICU is up 6 to 77 people.  16 people died of Covid 

I had to come home from work today. Over the past week all three of my kids have had a sickness bug (but have all tested negative) but today it's got the better of me. However because my nose is gubbed up with snot I can't really smell anything, so I need to get a test before I can get back to work.

15 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I had to come home from work today. Over the past week all three of my kids have had a sickness bug (but have all tested negative) but today it's got the better of me. However because my nose is gubbed up with snot I can't really smell anything, so I need to get a test before I can get back to work.

I had a vomitting bug on Thursday/Friday. No issues with breathing at all though and after the sickness stopped it was just recovery from dehydration. It's fairly common just now.

My positive test was was basically after a blocked nose and sneezing
Apparently delta varient presents more cold like symptoms

https://www.bupa.co.uk/newsroom/ourviews/delta-variant-symptoms

48 minutes ago, marty_j said:

My positive test was was basically after a blocked nose and sneezing
Apparently delta varient presents more cold like symptoms

https://www.bupa.co.uk/newsroom/ourviews/delta-variant-symptoms

I've done two LFTs and both have come back negative but need to do a PCR tomorrow.

It's more that if they're wanting me to play strictly by the rules I'll be isolating every time I have a wee sniffle as that will result in a loss of smell. With three kids that'll be a lot of times.

I'm glad some uni's have been giving out guidelines. The wife has been asking in every meeting what the protocol for masks will be when she does the inductions next week and has yet to be told.

Edit: Also, what are the other uni's stance on providing the masks? I would have thought that it would come under PPE which should be provided by the uni but apparently not in her case.

Mine gave out two (branded) masks to all staff and students last year. No idea if they'll do the same again.

49 minutes ago, ddfg said:

We've got concert tickets for Thursday night in Glasgow at the Glee Club. Has anyone been to gig recently, just wondering if masks were being enforced? 

Just out of The Specials at the Usher Hall. Masks into the venue, once in no one gave a flying f**k, great to see if I’m honest. b*****ds closed the bar half way through though