Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Sense finally seen at univerities

When indoors, unless you are exempt, face coverings must be worn at all times except when eating or drinking, or when seated at your office desk where a minimum distance of 1m is maintained.

At the start of semester 1, again, unless exempt, face-coverings will be required in all teaching settings, the library and our study spaces. Students should not remove their face-covering during an on-campus teaching session or whilst seated in either the library or our learning commons. However, staff who are delivering a class and are suitably physically distanced from their students may remove their face coverings if they wish for the duration of the lecture once all students are seated.

Whilst we cannot enforce their use, we will be encouraging those who are exempt to wear a sunflower lanyard or apply for an exemption card.

So the earlier idea that I would stand with a mask on in a huge lecture hall has been binned

12 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

That's not really the point though is it. Depending on your type of establishment you might have to check 1 in 20 customers maybe to see if they are underage. This will involve checking everyone. Not so bad for small community pubs that have regulars but your city centre places will end up with giant queues while staff check, also not everywhere employs or can afford to employ door staff to check. It's utter nonsense. 

It would just be flashing a QR code, they seem to be managing ok in France, Germany and Ireland.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Classic example of why test numbers are so high from our work. About a dozen of the girls had a house / hot tub party a week past Saturday. Since then 7 of them have developed classic symptoms of a cold. They all did LFTs all negative however 4 of the seven refused to accept that they were negative and booked PCRs, again all returned negative. Three of that 4 still refuse to accept that they don't have it and yesterday booked another PCR and despite all 3 again testing negative they have decided to take their kids out school (despite them having zero symptoms) to isolate with them (we all WFH anyway) absolutely bat shit crazy stuff. 12 LFTs, 7 PCRs no positive results yet kids taken out if school and holed up indoors with their parents for absolutely no reason. Weird thing was they didn't appear to have isolated ahead of their original PCR results !

One of my mates his wife.son and dil all positive last Monday. Gs tested positive along with two class mates (primary).all 4 adults double jabbed. They survived the last 18 month plus. Without as much as a cold. Then the schools went back. Btw the gs doesn't even show any symptoms.

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It doesn't help when they tell everyone who'll listen that they're the funniest people on earth.  It's like when Rangers fans claim they're the most successful club in the world when no one else in the world thinks or acknowledges that.

It gets (sadly for Rangers supporting weegies I'm sure) close to Irish levels of believing their own hype as friendly, hilariously funny etc. 

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Classic example of why test numbers are so high from our work. About a dozen of the girls had a house / hot tub party a week past Saturday. Since then 7 of them have developed classic symptoms of a cold. They all did LFTs all negative however 4 of the seven refused to accept that they were negative and booked PCRs, again all returned negative. Three of that 4 still refuse to accept that they don't have it and yesterday booked another PCR and despite all 3 again testing negative they have decided to take their kids out school (despite them having zero symptoms) to isolate with them (we all WFH anyway) absolutely bat shit crazy stuff. 12 LFTs, 7 PCRs no positive results yet kids taken out if school and holed up indoors with their parents for absolutely no reason. Weird thing was they didn't appear to have isolated ahead of their original PCR results !

‘monTF PnB. A dozen half cut lassies at a Saturday night hot tub party?!?! 
BJK - you ken the drill, get them posted…

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I thought that but I think we're underestimating the extent to which some folk from the west of Scotland just find any old shit funny as long as it's playing up anything, even just with the accent, from the west of Scotland 

On 04/09/2021 at 15:26, Proposition Joe said:

The Weegiefication of Scottish culture continues.

More and more of us are decoupling from The Matrix now brother.

#eastcoastpilled

5,692 new cases of COVID-19 reported (7065 yesterday, 6029 one week ago)

46,146 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

13.2% of these were positive (14.5% yesterday, 14.9% one week ago)

16 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive  (7 one week ago)

77 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (71 yesterday, 54 one week ago, 41 one month ago)

805 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (771 yesterday, 585 one week ago, 360 one month ago)

4,128,998 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,742,826 have received their second dose

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

5,692 new cases of COVID-19 reported (7065 yesterday, 6029 one week ago)

46,146 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

13.2% of these were positive (14.5% yesterday, 14.9% one week ago)

16 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive  (7 one week ago)

77 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (71 yesterday, 54 one week ago)

805 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (771 yesterday, 585 one week ago)

4,128,998 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,742,826 have received their second dose

is it too early....? f**k it

See the source image

52 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It would just be flashing a QR code, they seem to be managing ok in France, Germany and Ireland.

Despite all the talk on this, I'm still not getting why the unvaccinated are a threat to anyone other than maybe themselves ??

We've surely established that having 1 jag, 2 jags or whatever still means you can and no doubt will transmit the disease to others, so what's the issue ??

Forgive me if I'm missing something but it just seems all rather pointless to me.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Despite all the talk on this, I'm still not getting why the unvaccinated are a threat to anyone other than maybe themselves ??

We've surely established that having 1 jag, 2 jags or whatever still means you can and no doubt will transmit the disease to others, so what's the issue ??

Forgive me if I'm missing something but it just seems all rather pointless to me.

Not that i agree with it but, it could be the thinking that if you have a big superspreading event like a crowded sweaty nightclub, then who gives a f**k if they all get infected as 99% should having nothing worse than the sniffles 

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Not that i agree with it but, it could be the thinking that if you have a big superspreading event like a crowded sweaty nightclub, then who gives a f**k if they all get infected as 99% should having nothing worse than the sniffles 

Yes, maybe. so in other words it's the nanny state ultimately looking after the NHS as opposed to any scientific reason, which could be right I suppose.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Scottish retail businesses are largely not enforcing the mask mandate. It's stretching things to believe they would enforce vaccine passports.

This is going to be yet another in a long line of expensive, time wasting and blatantly stupid ideas which will just piss everyone off, create polarising arguments and won't achieve the objectives anyway.

the mask exemption is on medical grounds including mental illness, which in the uk are considered private & confidential matters, Instead of businesses being held responsible  for ensuring compliance , like they are with the smoking ban, they were actually told specifically NOT to challenge those not wearing a face covering or to take a simply "i'm exempt" at the persons word

How many times have you seen a pub allow someone to smoke? in 15 years not i've never once saw it, not in the middle of nowhere, not in a rough as arseholes spit & sawdust hovel, not even during a lock-in. if the business is going to be held responsible for non compliance then you can bet that they will be enforcing it

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think it's mainly to encourage vaccination rather than any direct health benefit. Could reduce case numbers a bit. Newquay in Cornwall shot from one of the lowest to the highest in the UK after a couple of big festivals and Bank Holiday weekend. Thankfully it's dropped right down again, I'm going there tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Numbers coming down again. Good.

I'd say they have levelled tbh. Which is good (Leitch was giving it the big 'un about maybe hitting 14k by last week), but like in England they aren't going to go down if we keep searching for people.

My COVID passport on app (nhs England) disappeared after positive test . My isolation ends on Weds at 2359 but I don’t get it back on app until 10 days after PCR result according to them.
Despite being clear of COVID.
At minute it’s no drama as don’t need it but if I needed to show it I’d be annoyed that I couldn’t get it despite being clear.

If I’d ignored nhs test and trace I’d still have it.

Surely folk will just ignore test and trace if it’s going to affect them living their life (and following guidelines to the letter).

That will just be the venue's own policy. Quite a few places up here are doing similar.  With the option to demonstrate a negative test, there isn't really too much that can be done about it.

Glad that’s not at my gig