Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Vaccine passports won't convince anti vaxxers but they might galvanise people who just haven't bothered to sort out vaccination, which could be a significant number, and they could sway the undecided.

Let's impose a needless restriction and a breach of everyone's right to medical privacy within this society based on a 'might' and a 'could' then. 

If the SG has got hard evidence that a vaccine passport to enter a large live event will curb a significant number of deaths and hospitalisations, then it should show those figures. Until then, it has no case. If it is so concerned about second-level issues like 'pressure on the NHS!!11!!!' then it can take a much more effective intervention right now against the infection factories, that will have a demonstrable impact. 

All these behaviouralist clowns need to be 'nudged' out of the door and into the sea where they belong. 

Edited by vikingTON

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

My prediction is that your lateral flow test will be negative giving you false assurance when you do in fact have Covid.
Here to help.

The government page on the cybernet says lateral flow tests are 99.9% accurate. Is this not correct? 

14 minutes ago, The Master said:

Another example of why it's going to take a long time to reverse the fear that has been instilled into a large part of the population.

Expecting CityLink to buy new buses with windows that open, because Covid.

Why don't they take the windows out? 

City link clearly want to kill everyone on board. Or perhaps with such a high % of jagged up folk we should just get on with it.

19 minutes ago, The Master said:

Another example of why it's going to take a long time to reverse the fear that has been instilled into a large part of the population.

Ventilation is the new social distancing comfort blanket. 

Ventilation is the new social distancing comfort blanket. 
Admittedly with some hindsight, the publicity around getting the vaccine "to help others aswell as yourself" is turning out a bit of a disaster, as people are now demanding numerous other measures over and above a vaccine that almost guarantees they themselves will get nothing worse than a few days feeling shite.

People now cannot accept others not getting the vaccine and here we are with fuckkng passports to get into an arbitrarily selected variety of businesses.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

Why don't they take the windows out? 

City link clearly want to kill everyone on board. Or perhaps with such a high % of jagged up folk we should just get on with it.

You could just imagine a Tweet thread in the middle of winter.

@RandomPerson1234abcdefqwerty
Hi @ScotCityLink currently on a bus to Glasgow and it's freezing because you've taken the windows out.
|
@ScotCityLink
WE MAKE NO EXCUSES FOR KEEPING PEOPLE SAFE

I’m double vaxed and have had a bit of a sniffle for a few days. First sniffle to speak of in probably 2 years. 
Ive noticed this morning though that I can smell nothing, and I mean nothing. 
No temperature, no cough, nothing else. No change in taste.
Wife is doing a lateral flow because she is due to head to London tomorrow. Think I’ll do one as well. 
What do you reckon though? Do I have the COVID?

I was similar last week (though I didn't lose my sense of smell).

Did a LFT in the house which came back negative. Went for a PCR just to be sure which also came back negative so it seems I just had a dose of the cold.

7 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I was similar last week (though I didn't lose my sense of smell).

Did a LFT in the house which came back negative. Went for a PCR just to be sure which also came back negative so it seems I just had a dose of the cold.

Cheers. I’m thinking that surely people just get the cold still sometimes and google says a cold alone can cause temporary loss of smell. 

32 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

The government page on the cybernet says lateral flow tests are 99.9% accurate. Is this not correct? 

They are 99.9% accurate if used correctly.

The general public when following instructions are fuckwits.

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-58406526

More chaos in Australia as the PM advises its time to leave lockdowns and come out the cave as they ditch zero covid approach.  

Interestingly though states are responsible for their own healthcare etc and Both WA & Queensland aren't up for the new approach.    At least they're finally doing a lot of jabbing and they're also doing over 12s.

I wonder what they think down Yabbie Creek...

See the source image

17 minutes ago, superbigal said:

They are 99.9% accurate if used correctly.

The general public when following instructions are fuckwits.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/11/us-health-agency-gives-innova-lateral-flow-covid-tests-scathing-review

They're really not. You'd be as well setting up a roulette wheel and making black/red positive/negative, for all the value the gubbins LFT provides. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

They've just bought a raft a brand new buses on some of their routes. The buses that run between Glasgow and Edinburgh and the central belt and Aberdeen / Inverness all seem pretty modern so they'll like have very good air filtration / conditioning to keep air moving around which is likely as good as having the windows open anyway. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

You could just imagine a Tweet thread in the middle of winter.

@RandomPerson1234abcdefqwerty
Hi @ScotCityLink currently on a bus to Glasgow and it's freezing because you've taken the windows out.
|
@ScotCityLink
WE MAKE NO EXCUSES FOR KEEPING PEOPLE SAFE

Can just imagine the headlines

5 Die Of Hyperthermia On Aberdeen-Inverness Bus, Thankfully Postmortem Results Negative For Covid

Shock horror as main bus link between Glasgow & Edinburgh is busy on a Sunday when all the trains are off due to striking Scotrail staff...

There is no limit on passenger numbers now for buses so with a big increase in demand on Sundays just now why would - or should - CityLink turn business away?

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

So, when Nicola said we have to wait to see what the vaccine gives us in terms of reduction in transmission, does anyone have the numbers to hand regarding that and the delat variant?

She literally said that mattered in terms of a vaccine passport as quoted by Welshbairn, presumably at the time when the vaccine was hindering transmission of the then dominant variant.

Making it up as they go along with a guard of honour of cheerleaders shouting down any dissent.

I can remember a time when certain elements were desperate to politicise Covid so that Sturgeon could go a different way from the Tories.... Look at us now. And still the cheerleaders cheer.

Genuine question - given the “cheerleaders” chat.

What was the last announcement / policy of the SG where you said “I agree with that”.  Not in retrospect, but at the time?