Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Subsequently, so after? Are you wanting me to go back and edit the post?

I'll do it if you are genuinely annoyed at the comment.

Think the post above is pretty clearly you standing by it m8. I'm not annoyed by the comment, just pointing out how ridiculous it was to say you weren't having a go is all

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Think the post above is pretty clearly you standing by it m8. I'm not annoyed by the comment, just pointing out how ridiculous it was to say you weren't having a go is all

I certainly could have worded it better, happily admit that.

I still feel the onus is upon the guard to inform passengers when they are breaking either their regulations or the law, but yeah maybe I over cooked it a bit there.

Edit: Removed it. You were right to pull me up about it.

Edited by Ric

I'm crediting everyone else with the intelligence to understand the point I was making.
You? Not so much TBF.
Which was
A. Masks are at least partially effective.
B. Masks are useless.
Or
C. You can't hold a coherent thought for the length of one short post?

I know which one my money's on.

51 minutes ago, Ric said:

I certainly could have worded it better, happily admit that.

I still feel the onus is upon the guard to inform passengers when they are breaking either their regulations or the law, but yeah maybe I over cooked it a bit there.

Edit: Removed it. You were right to pull me up about it.

It absolutely isn’t.  They cannot enforce the law.

Cases in England went up today for the first time in a week. I wonder why. 

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/10/school-reopen-dates-in-england-scotland-wales-and-northern-ireland-15060012/

Most children in England go back to school on Wednesday, September 1 2021, two days after the August bank holiday.

Ah, of course! 

The schools that aren't back yet return on Monday so I'm sure a Scotland trajectory will follow. 

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Just had Janey Godley on an STV advert saying COVID cases in Scotland are up to ‘high doe’ I hate this country sometimes.

SNP sweetheart will fall right into the narrative.

Scotland’s Miranda Hart. Comedy for middle of the way fannies with no personality.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think all the JCVI are saying is that their sole remit was to advise on whether it was appropriate to give vaccines to that age group taking only health into consideration and ignoring all other knock-on consequences.

This has to be correct. It isn't the responsibility of the JCVI to worry about education or the spread of covid because of NOT giving vaccines to kids. They needed to say this because the likes of Gurdasani are wrongly trying to blame them for the wider consequences of their advice.

For what it's worth, I think the government will find a way to justify giving kids the vaccines to try to limit wider transmission and potential variants. I'm happy to accept that there's no medical reason to give kids these vaccines to protect older people.

Agree with what you said other than pne minor point.

Gurdusani is saying JCVI should have recommended jagging kids purely because of health reasons before considering wider reasons.  

She’s completely unhinged.  She seems to want to be contrary to the government appointed scientists of every administration in the UK and is so entrenched in this she probably needs mental help.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

So in other words, it's yet another expensive waste of time as they can easily be forged.

It's just more window dressing to make it look like they care.

Just like mandatory masking which is not enforced anywhere as many of us have found out after several months of not wearing one.

There's no way of enforcing any of it.

Almost half the people I saw at the shopping centre today had their noses uncovered by their masks. That's a clear sign of people rebelling in whatever way they can without actually breaking the law.

There's a lesson here for all politicians.

If you treat your population like children, they'll rebel in ways you don't expect and can't control.

Like you I don’t wear a mask and have not been pulled up until today.

Was on a Jet 2 flight to Spain, was admonished for non mask wearing, showed my exemption certificate and was promptly told that Jet2 don’t recognise them. 
Didn’t want any hassle so complied.

47 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Was on a Jet 2 flight to Spain, was admonished for non mask wearing, showed my exemption certificate and was promptly told that Jet2 don’t recognise them. 

:lol:

48 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Shitebag.