Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Return of crowds to Racing in Ireland later this month......
Leopardstown’s capacity for Saturday week’s meeting is 4,000, and it will be a mixed outdoor event with access to the indoor spaces, but with proof of a vaccine required for those consuming food and beverage indoors.

So 4000 can attend but to go indoors even just for a pint requires the Irish vaccine cert.

I’ve just booked flights and hotel for the Dublin racing festival in February. That gives them 5 months to sort out this shambles. 

Also, add me to the list of people who has no idea who or what Joe Rogan does. This was mentioned in another thread a few months back. I see his name on twitter regularly, but couldn’t tell you a single thing about him. 

Edited by MONKMAN

Caught something on the C4 news earlier about budget implications of catching up.  I got that certain services were binned for the last 18 months so will need to catch up.  NHS/ mental health etc.  The problems people had haven’t gone away so there is a backlog due to covid.

One of the things they said was education wanted more money to catch up due to the covid backlog.  Can anyone explain why there’s an educational backlog due to Covid that needs billions of pounds to catch up?

Joe Rogan is an MMA commentator who's probably got the most successful podcast on the planet. He's also remarkable for having a perfectly round bald head and an open brain in the most literal sense. You can tell him anything and he will believe it.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Joe Rogan is an MMA commentator who's probably got the most successful podcast on the planet. He's also remarkable for having a perfectly round bald head and an open brain in the most literal sense. You can tell him anything and he will believe it.

You mean Karl Pilkington?

Just now, 101 said:

You mean Karl Pilkington?

I think Karl Pilkington is quite sceptical and definitely has an original thought process in his head. I've only ever seen clips of Rogan's show but everyone from Jordan Peterson to Bernie Sanders has told him often contradictory statements and he laps them up like nobody's business. I would say though based on that impression of him I reckon he's definitely not lying about his Covid treatments while people like Tucker Carlson and Milo Yabbadabbaopolous are definitely vaxxed up and bullshitting.

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think Karl Pilkington is quite sceptical and definitely has an original thought process in his head. I've only ever seen clips of Rogan's show but everyone from Jordan Peterson to Bernie Sanders has told him often contradictory statements and he laps them up like nobody's business. I would say though based on that impression of him I reckon he's definitely not lying about his Covid treatments while people like Tucker Carlson and Milo Yabbadabbaopolous are definitely vaxxed up and bullshitting.

Karl is certainly more entertaining than Rogan although like you I have only heard clips from him and he seems like a complete cretin.

44 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Whilst I’m not taking a screenshot of an online article as gospel, I can’t quite believe what Australia has become. Completely fucking mental.

The article is here if you want to read it:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/pandemic-australia-still-liberal-democracy/619940/

They have utterly lost the plot. 

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/pandemic-australia-still-liberal-democracy/619940/

Anybody who pointed to Australia as some sort of example to follow deserves to be roundly and constantly laughed at.

Don’t imagine many of us relative laymen have expertise in such matters either, it has always been basic fucking logic and common sense.

13 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Worth pointing out that the app is only for people supposed to be quarantining for 14 days, the article doesn't make that clear.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-23/how-will-south-australias-home-quarantine-trial-work/100398878

11 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I want Scotland to be independent. I've wanted that for close on 40 years. Doesn't mean I agree with the utter shitshow of useless c***s we have in power just now.

A vote for the SNP is a vote for their record. 'I want independence but don't worry, I still think how we are governed at the moment is shit' just leaves Scotland today in a worse position. 

I’ve just booked flights and hotel for the Dublin racing festival in February. That gives them 5 months to sort out this shambles. 

Also, add me to the list of people who has no idea who or what Joe Rogan does. This was mentioned in another thread a few months back. I see his name on twitter regularly, but couldn’t tell you a single thing about him. 
Will be there too, should be 100% by October so fingers crossed, also hope to get to Down Royal at end October which is probably a safer bet given it's "up North"