Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

We should not force people to get vaccinated, we are live in a free society to make decisions if we want the vaccine or not. 

Hopefully the Greens will vote against this but I fear that other parties will vote for this as well. 

This is going to hurt bigger football clubs and nightclubs massively although I can see a legal challenge on this. 

Im personally not against vaccine passports from a ‘they just want to control us’ tin foil hat perspective, just dont see what the value of them is in this very small raft of events. Dont see why given the age group that typically goes to clubs and the mild impact of the virus on these groups why its needed? 
Foreign travel i kinda get it, but only if they do away with the ludicrous testing.

Im personally not against vaccine passports from a ‘they just want to control us’ tin foil hat perspective, just dont see what the value of them is in this very small raft of events. Dont see why given the age group that typically goes to clubs and the mild impact of the virus on these groups why its needed? 
Foreign travel i kinda get it, but only if they do away with the ludicrous testing.

This is how I see it.
Although watching the office loonball who’s gone full herbalife cures Covid getting isolated would be pretty funny.

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Most people won't have a problem with it, some elderly football fans might need some assistance though.

I expect quite a lot of people will have a problem with it.

I should add that I'm vaccinated so it won't affect me but it will affect teams like Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts with attendances along with the hospitality sector. 

Disappointed with the Scottish Government and I'm a member of the SNP.  

Edited by betting competition

3 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Mines didn't work on Sunday, have to get a season ticket card now! Quite a lot people have been in the same boat. 

I noticed that they had separate tickets to be downloaded for the Ross County match. Did you use that or were you trying to use the season ticket?

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

I noticed that they had separate tickets to be downloaded for the Ross County match. Did you use that or were you trying to use the season ticket?

Season ticket which I download on to Google pay. Strange thing is it worked for Dundee Utd and the European games I went to.

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  355.0 to 357.3 up 0.65%, England 315.2 to 312.9 down 0.73%, Wales 410.6 to 422.0 up 2.78%, Northern Ireland  615.3 to 610.3 down 0.81%

England now 4 days of falls.   Northern Ireland 2 days of falls.

Scotland for reference 733.1 and has the top 4 and 8 of the top 9 councils in the UK.

Far too many large events and nightclubs in Fort William North 😉

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I get the feeling that they'd find that the people at the new work were just as bad. I might suggest that it's not the other people that are the problem. 😉

I've a step daughter like that.

Work, relationships, you name it the other people are c****, and are always at fault and the cause of the problem(s).

As I said to my wife, what's the common denominator here...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

3 hours ago, GiGi said:

I identify closely with this. I had to admit to my boss recently that I was struggling badly working from home. I live alone, in a small flat and although I have a spare room with a desk, that's for my gaming stuff and for my personal time. I had to get a fold up desk to work in my living room to separate work from that.

But I've been feeling a lot of isolation and loneliness and as low mentally as I ever have done. Some days are a serious struggle to get my head on and get through a day's work. Other days it's a struggle to get out of bed at all and find any sense of self worth and motivation to work hard and better myself. 

Our office is opening again soon on a booking basis and I'll be taking that up at least once a week for my own good. 

Working at home with a 2 year old is hell on earth. Looking forward to going back to the office .

From the BBC website:

“The number of people in hospital has more than doubled since 20 August, from 312 to 629.

Intensive care admissions have not risen as quickly, but have still gone up from 34 to 59 over the same timescale.”

So in 11 days hospitalisation have double and the number in intensive care has increased by over 70%.

Yet people on here are bleating because the SG wants to introduce measures to reduce infections and encourage people to get vaccinated.

Fortunately the majority of people in Scotland will support this move.

27 minutes ago, mizfit said:

This is how I see it.
Although watching the office loonball who’s gone full herbalife cures Covid getting isolated would be pretty funny.

Yep, it doesnt impact me detrimentally in any way, but still cant help but feel for the younger folks, think it was rhe boy frankie on here who made a great point last week about the impact and sacrifice they have made yet its just one blow after another from Nicola. 

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

From the BBC website:

“The number of people in hospital has more than doubled since 20 August, from 312 to 629.

Intensive care admissions have not risen as quickly, but have still gone up from 34 to 59 over the same timescale.”

So in 11 days hospitalisation have double and the number in intensive care has increased by over 70%.

Yet people on here are bleating because the SG wants to introduce measures to reduce infections and encourage people to get vaccinated.

Fortunately the majority of people in Scotland will support this move.

How will this move make any difference to hospitalisation numbers?