Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I long for the day healthy people stop testing themselves multiple times a week because they went to the pub, and we don't lose our heads about people getting unwell tbh.

What a stupid situation.

Edited by Todd_is_God

42 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Not sure tbh that’s basically the same quotes as she gave out at the briefing the other day. My guess is we’ll need vaccine passports for most things social though once the app is launched.

Think the vast majority of us would be happy with vaccine passports if it meant no more restrictions or any future lockdowns. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Think the vast majority of us would be happy with vaccine passports if it meant no more restrictions or any future lockdowns. 

In as much as its a total false dichotomy, and I know that you know that, you are probably correct. If forced to pick one shit sandwich or the other..........

I don't see how vaccine passports prevent future lockdowns, tbh. 

You need a negative test to travel to the UK - the Indian variant as it was then called still got in despite this. So if this is still an option for certain settings in the event of a vaccine passport (which I assume it will be), it's far from foolproof. 

If you're double vaccinated, you can still get it as we're constantly reminded (great sell on the vaccines there) and there is of course no testing requirement. And if you try telling people they need both, many of them will rightly tell you to f**k off. 

They will keep out people that are unvaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated AND have already tested positive. All good and well, particularly for those that fear the unvaccinated, but they do not remove the risk as much as some would like to think. As time goes on and more cases start presenting in the fully vaccinated cohort against the non-vaccinated (bearing in mind we're now in the mid 60s of the population being fully vaccinated), then what? The vaccine passport is totally worthless at that point. Is that the stage we just bin them and accept people will get covid as a matter course? 

They should be resisted at all costs because once they are in, it'll be hard to get rid of them. 

Edited by Michael W

Felt a bit under the weather Saturday, just assumed it was a cold coming on (not to give my full life story, but I struggle to leave the house due to my anxiety) & woke up Monday to a complete loss of taste & smell as well as a high temperature & body aching. 

Took two LFT tests to be sure & tested positive. Honestly baffled as to how I could’ve caught it as the last thing I did was attend a Highland League game last Wednesday & wasn’t near anyone at all (not many people tend to go behind the goals for the most part)

Just feels like a really bad cold if I’m honest, so resting up & keeping dosed with paracetamol & ibuprofen.

Long story short, if someone like me who is practically a hermit catches it, then I think that shows that we’ll probably all have to accept that we’re gonna catch it at some point, irrespective of the lives we lead.

Would imagine it’d be a lot worse if I wasn’t double jabbed, but dealing with this is still preferable then not being able to do the things that we all enjoy.

Let people live their lives & make their own risk assessments - tired of Clownshoes et al threatening to shut things down.

Apologies for the essay.

We still don't know what we're doing.  Restrictions to stay in place was announced on Friday, then changed on Saturday, one being restaurants will open for diners that have been double vaxxed. With only 10.5% of the population that have received, what was was no point.

Today we are opening restaurants for everyone, schools reopening on 14th (off since start of March) and more or less back to normal.  Watch this space for tomorrow, when it all changes again. 

I long for the day healthy people stop testing themselves multiple times a week because they went to the pub, and we don't lose our heads about people getting unwell tbh.
What a stupid situation.
Three out the 5 guys who I go to the football with arrived in the pub on Sunday boasting of their morning negative LFT. They do them before any trip out apparently and I was definitely made to feel like the "strange" one when questioning their wisdom. Incidentally two of them detest Sturgeon and all things SNP.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
What a stupid situation.

Three out the 5 guys who I go to the football with arrived in the pub on Sunday boasting of their morning negative LFT. They do them before any trip out apparently and I was definitely made to feel like the "strange" one when questioning their wisdom. Incidentally two of them detest Sturgeon and all things SNP.

I can't tell if people are genuinely worried they are ill, or are just choking to post a picture of a positive test on social media and be able to say they've had covid.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve sort of lost interest in COVID, are we at any genuine risk the SG are going to melt over the rising case numbers? 

Unless they do something this week I can't see them doing anything at all due to furlough ending.

Be interesting to see what happens to England's numbers when their schools go back.  May allow some sort of comparison as to the impact of masks and give an indication as to whether furlough is ending completely or will continue in some limited form.

35 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Unless they do something this week I can't see them doing anything at all due to furlough ending.

Not only that, but it would be ludicrous to have big crowds at Hampden, TRNSMT etc and then go "wait a minute, we must keep you safe"

That said, any hint of an extension to furlough and I expect them to jump all over it.

15 hours ago, Tynierose said:

It means they can f**k over sections of society that doesn't match their puritan ways.

Fitba, pubs, sport venues etc.  Churches though, crack on.

bring on the red dots, i'd give zero fucks if they closed all of them down, i'm also an atheist so they can do whatever they like with churches too.

LFT's would hace been great a year ago instead of the gradual closing up of things and then winter lockdown.

Pre vaccines it would have allowed people peace of mind before visiting older family members/going to pubs, restaurants etc.

So it's no surprise we instead locked down for months and months then introduced LFT's when the at risk were all vaccinated and there is little point taking them routinely.

I've got a packet in the house on the off chance I get a call about being a close contact. Would give me a result within 30 mins, although I appreciate it would need backed up with a PCR.

Edited by Halbeath Raith Rover

23 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

bring on the red dots, i'd give zero fucks if they closed all of them down, i'm also an atheist so they can do whatever they like with churches too.

Why?