Coronavirus (COVID-19)

36 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Without indulging in your conspiracies, they probably are doing that on the sly, it would take a foolhardy politician to come out publicly and say “ let the waens git it , it’s fur thur aine guid!”
Especially after 18 months of deadly virus stop the spread follow the rules etc

That has to be exactly what they're doing, now that vaccination is protecting the vast majority of the most vulnerable. Get as much immunity in the population by any means necessary before the winter flu kicks in. 

6 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I was checking the difference between amber and green countries for coming to UK and theres no difference as far as I can see in whats required its same 2 tests shite, is that likely to change soon?

6 hours ago, Elixir said:

Basically the only difference is fully vaxxed folk can go to 'amber-list' countries.

If the testing gubbins doesn't change soon then the Scottish and UK recovery in aviation, tourism and the wider economy will continue to lag behind the EU. Depends how long Tory mates think they can keep their licenses to print money, and how long diddy administrations like the Scottish Government continue to endorse it by default.

I read a rather interesting / distressing piece on Reuters yesterday where there was apparently a conference call between Shapps and the "testing" sector where they were looking for assurances that testing was going to be a long term requirement as they needed to plan ahead for their business models. They were apparently "assured" that testing was more or less "here to stay" and that they should continue as normal for at least the short to mid term.

What can I say, bloody shocking !!!

Excluding people who have chosen to not get vaccinated as that's their choice why not just organise a series of get covid festivals for everyone else not vaccinated as:

Few will die
Few will get seriously ill
Lots might feel a bit under the weather
Lots won't even know they have had it.

That way it reduces the number of people who can get it just in time for winter and before the current vaccines wear off.

Maybe that's what we are doing now anyway unofficially with schools, pubs and festivals. Would possibly be advantageous to speed it up more though.

I read a rather interesting / distressing piece on Reuters yesterday where there was apparently a conference call between Shapps and the "testing" sector where they were looking for assurances that testing was going to be a long term requirement as they needed to plan ahead for their business models. They were apparently "assured" that testing was more or less "here to stay" and that they should continue as normal for at least the short to mid term.

Ere shappsy mate,
My mother in laws dug coco was err wondering, if he’ll still need a test to visit his bank branch in the Cayman Islands next year?

39 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Can't see it happening. There will be too much pressure to bin it, just like there was to ease the original border restrictions when there was rumours of them being closed all summer/year.

Real money will talk eventually.

3 hours ago, Tynierose said:

It means they can f**k over sections of society that doesn't match their puritan ways.

Fitba, pubs, sport venues etc.  Churches though, crack on.

I hope they are ready for the huge backlash if they even dare try this. 

"We don't admit people to hospital for no reason."

I’m just glad we have have an expert advisor like Jason Leitch giving us cutting edge insight like this.

I’d certainly never have known otherwise that people are admitted to hospital for treatment.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

She's going to bottle it, isn't she? Some laugh just waiting to get shafted into another ridiculous set of restrictions, all whilst bending over backwards to keep schools open.

Not sure tbh that’s basically the same quotes as she gave out at the briefing the other day. My guess is we’ll need vaccine passports for most things social though once the app is launched.

7 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Not sure tbh that’s basically the same quotes as she gave out at the briefing the other day. My guess is we’ll need vaccine passports for most things social though once the app is launched.

Why? Vaccine status doesnt guarantee immunity. Folk will think I'm bullshitting but my neighbour was telling me earlier our other neighbours are self isolating as they both have covid, both are double dosed.