Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Our son, who is 16, has told us he wants a vaccine. We put no pressure on him - this was triggered by the flu vaccine letter from school. The wife and I always said it was his choice,  and now he has made it. Taking him today to a drop in centre. 

He had a few questions, mostly about how sore it is. 

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Interesting we have a new Poster Boy in Denmark now Israel and Sweden have been patched. Great to see confirmation bias in it's purest form.

Yes its outrageous to hope a country ditching restrictions is a success.

Maybe you'd prefer the antipodean model wear you're locked up if someone sneezes.

Europe has followed a different pathway to them, you have to hope it works for the Danes as let's be honest we cannot live with restrictions and fear forever.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
image.png.b3e9e74b07e2cbe2d8138664ea7c9782.png

image.png.fd5ff690f03b285820c7dca06dc9f08c.png

200.gif

Craig David had to tweak the lyrics a few times before releasing his hit single "7 days"

Wouldn't have got the joke if you hadn't explained it and removed all humour.

Yes its outrageous to hope a country ditching restrictions is a success.
Maybe you'd prefer the antipodean model wear you're locked up if someone sneezes.
Europe has followed a different pathway to them, you have to hope it works for the Danes as let's be honest we cannot live with restrictions and fear forever.

I wish them nothing but success and said zero to suggest otherwise. Bizarre that you managed to assume I didn't. Point is Covid seems to flare up then simmer down randomly from country to country. Denmark doing great now doesn't mean they have "cracked it" (see Israel) it's just they are on a downward trajectory for now. A country will need a year plus of stability before they can be hailed as the model to follow. We expected cases to rise in Scotland but I doubt anyone predicted the numbers we are seeing. Ferguson was roundly pilloried for his 100k prediction for the UK on reopening. Per head we in Scotland might reach those levels if we maintain current growth for another couple of weeks. I wish no country anything but a swift return to normal but constant comparison to a perceived "success" is pointless when every country has huge demographic differences.

Anyway off for a day out with an overnighter in Glasgow, best to make the best of things despite my "negativity'

21 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I didnt watch it, but was there an actual point to this extra briefing? Or was it just grandstanding?

Apart from being a regular twice a week thing, it was to counter press speculation of an impending circuit breaker lockdown.

I see Denmark are keeping Covid vaccine passports as a requirement to get into nightclubs and large sport venues for a while longer. Whereas we're expected to wear masks in shops and public transport. Not sure who we'd say has fewer restrictions on that basis..

Edited by welshbairn

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
image.png.b3e9e74b07e2cbe2d8138664ea7c9782.png

image.png.fd5ff690f03b285820c7dca06dc9f08c.png

200.gif

Craig David had to tweak the lyrics a few times before releasing his hit single "7 days"

Thanks for clearing that up!

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Interesting we have a new Poster Boy in Denmark now Israel and Sweden have been patched. Great to see confirmation bias in it's purest form.

Sweden certainly hasn't 'been patched'. Israel turned into the psychos you should probably expect and got what they deserve for not giving a toss about the Palestinians.

Scotland would be a poster boy right now if it wasn't for the continued fucking pointless theatre.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I see Denmark are keeping Covid vaccine passports as a requirement to get into nightclubs and large sport venues for a while longer. Whereas we're expected to wear masks in shops and public transport. Not sure who we'd say has fewer restrictions on that basis..

Until 10 September. 🥴